Super Nintardbros!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by cools »

Amazon, and yeah...
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

cool 13000 :(

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

A bit much for me. Bayonetta 2 was very price droppy.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Nintendo reckon the Switch is on track to beat the first year sales of the Wii. 10m so far.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

Jizm Sterling hates on Nintendo hard and even he has come out and praised the switch and the steady release of AAA titles rather than the usual rush and patch BS.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

I still don't see it surpassing Wii sales .bit 10 million is good going

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Very young (unable to read yet) Czech nephew. His home doesn't have any dedicated gaming systems, but he's familiar with basic tablet games.

Last Christmas visit he got a few hours on my 3DS with SM3DL. Just meandering around different levels with no particular direction beyond "I want to try that".

This year he's had more of the same although he's now trying to navigate the levels properly. What's remarkable to me is how most of the tricks I've known forever aren't required to play, you simply need to move and jump to get around successfully.

We've tried a lot of other 'suitable' stuff (Lego etc) but because it all requires reading skills he gets stuck very quickly. The only other 3DS title we've had success with is Mario Kart. Funny - both Nintendo developed Mario titles.

The Switch has been even more of a success. It's the "red and blue Mario" game. Snipperclips basketball is the "game where you bite each other". Mario Kart assists work pretty well although he gets bored after a couple of races - he doesn't have the dexterity yet to handle the trigger buttons so items are unusable. Biggest success is surprisingly Mario Odyssey.

Capturing is of no interest, he stops moving and triggers out if it happens. But running around and jumping in Metro City? Brilliant. Trying on the various outfits requires Mario to go "home" (Mushroom Kingdom) every few minutes. He did figure out the mopeds however.

However co-op SMO is where it really shines for me. Started with me as Mario and him as Cappy. After a few minutes he wants to be Mario. And I discover being Cappy is essentially manual assist mode - I can control jumping, including double jumping. So now he can effectively just push the joystick around and get the feel of operating it while I allow him to climb buildings and cross gaps without getting frustrated.

Really impressed me how well it works as a training mode for a game with a particularly vast array of different controls.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

escapists 2 for me dl last night !! can see me putting a bit of time into this !

Wurstkopp
Mister Dick Statue
eBay: nachmittagsprogramm
Initials: NIK

Post by Wurstkopp »

Had some fun with Zelda BOTW on the Wii U and have been playing some Mario and Xenoblade on the Switch of a friend. But at the end of the day you'll always find me in the cellar playing the **** out of the Super Famicom. Guess I'm too old for the new stuff. :)
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

I'm spoiled with sleep/resume on the Switch. Both the old and new 3DS I've owned didn't have long enough battery life in sleep mode (no matter what I tried) to last between opportunities to play. Disheartening to take a system out of your pocket and find it's unexpectedly dead, and whatever you were in the middle of doing a few days ago has been lost. The Switch doesn't seem to have the same problem, sleep mode works brilliantly - not sure if it's as good as any PSP but it's more than sufficient for me.

The Dragon's Trap is flipping gorgeous, and I seem to play better with the modern graphics. Not sure if they've drawn the sprites in a fashion that matches the hitboxes a bit more accurately than the original graphics did.

Chipping away at DOOM at the moment though. Great fun, can see why it won so many awards. Haven't played any single player FPS since Halo Reach so I don't know if it's a thing to have decent enemy AI but I love how they behave here, first time I've ever felt like the fighting has no script to it at all (beyond the initial spawn points).
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

A few too many remixed games Nintendo.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

although that seems to be a theme on most consoles
snk heroines :whoopsie: :lolno: i swear they just through this together after all the direct rumors ! :lol:

cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

SuperPang wrote:A few too many remixed games Nintendo.
I bloody love tennis games, and Mario Tennis has always been one of the best. Will likely get a load of value from this.

Gals FightersSNK Heroines looks terribad.

DKCTF = didn't have a Wii U, so good for me.

Ditto for Dark Souls
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

cools wrote:
SuperPang wrote:A few too many remixed games Nintendo.
I bloody love tennis games, and Mario Tennis has always been one of the best. Will likely get a load of value from this.

Gals FightersSNK Heroines looks terribad.

DKCTF = didn't have a Wii U, so good for me.

Ditto for Dark Souls
Im holding judgement on gal fighters snk heroines or whateverits called for a while

have to say i've had a hankering myself for a good tennis game for a while ....have been tempted to pick up the odd old arcade ones as well but mario may just quench my thirst ! i really need to look at dark souls

geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Ha Nintendo cardboard , lunatics never ever change Nintendo.

skykappah
One of dese bad boys
eBay: Skykappa

Post by skykappah »

It's utterly genius, especially if you have children. It's Wii Sports 5000 plus ultra and 10 times more fun.
Loving robots since the 80's.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

Cool! Will look great in the closet side by side with Kinect and PSVR.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

at least you'll have something to put those in now ! :lol:

Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Nintendo brand cardboard, woot woot! Innovation is heresy after all.