Toshiba Chassis Flyback Issue

For monitor related issues
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Toshiba Chassis Flyback Issue

Post by wigsplitta »

A FYI post with regards to an issue I had with a Toshiba PB6643-1 chassis that was in my Windy.

Powered it on the other day to be greeted with a slightly concerning vertical RGB glow down the centre of the screen.
rgb.jpg
Power supply seemed ok as it was getting through to the the fluorescent lamp, and the game was working as I could hear background music. Checked all connections from the stepdown through to the neckboard. Powered it on again, same thing.

Discharged and re-seated every connector that I could. This time there was no RGB glow on the screen. I'm assuming that the original RGB glow was caused by unreleased charge.

Having unplugged the game, I could now hear a hum/buzz coming from the chassis for a few seconds after power on, that was then replaced by a clicking every second or so. From what I could see, there was no glow on the neckboard. Sent it off to Mr Grant who diagnosed it was the flyback that had failed. With help of Mr Pang pointing me in the right direction, I was able to source a replacement chassis. Sent that over to Grant who replaced a few bad caps, and the Windy is now back up and running. :awe:
IMG_7533.JPG
If I can source a replacement TFB5076AD flyback (suggestions anyone?) then hopefully the dead chassis can be revived in due course to be used as a spare for myself or someone else in need in the future.
I found a possible source here, but I'm a bit wary of their fee...
http://www.technotronic-dimensions.com/Products2c.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Got PAID...
ウィッグスプリッター - スーパーガレージゲームセンター。
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Re: Toshiba Chassis Flyback Issue

Post by yosai »

nice one. :awe:

any idea which other chassis use the same flyback?

The $75 upfront fee to request a price from that site can get the ****.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Toshiba Chassis Flyback Issue

Post by nem »

yosai wrote:The $75 upfront fee to request a price from that site can get the ****.
"KILL CHINA - fee" :lol: