Best affordable Vewlix clones in USA?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Someone
Please Continue...
eBay: N/A

Best affordable Vewlix clones in USA?

Post by Someone »

I'll get right to the point.

I seek a quality Vewlix cab at an affordable price. (Or whatever HD clone is cheapest, but still very authentic and solid. Namco Noir, Lindbergh, etc. Vewlix preferred if others aren't cheaper.)

The target is under or around 2K shipped, if possible. :problem:

Looking for a 2 player cabinet with at least 6 buttons per player.

What are the best options, stateside?
Last edited by Someone on September 17th, 2017, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finally achieved my arcade wish! My first, and favorite, cab! (Vewlix F.)
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...
eBay: geekman2005

Re: Best affordable Vewlix clones in USA?

Post by GeekMan1222 »

Im not sure where any are in the USA atm but check this thread out Hellfromabove had some really intresting info on this subject.

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35749 8-)

You might also want to make a wanted post if you have not already. :D
1x New Astro City, 1x Madonna, 1x G-Balance
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

Unless you find a vewlix L with one of the laggy monitors, you are going to have a hard time finding one on that budget. Most HD cabs costs a pretty penny- you might want to save up some more and just get a Vewlix. I have a Diamond and an F and I love them. YMMV on those clone vewlixes- I've played on a few and some have been okay and others have been downright garbage. Alibaba is going to be your route for a clone, but that site is like a minefield.
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...

Post by GeekMan1222 »

Yeah 2k was my limit too at the most. But it cost a bit more than i thought save your pennies you will find something. THE HUNT IS ON :D :lol:
rewrite
eBay: quin-leyd
Initials: ATP

Post by rewrite »

There's an importer, KC, selling a Vewlix F cab for 1700 (maybe it was 1800, but I think 1700) out of LA. Depending on your luck with shippers 300 might get it to you from here. If you decide you want his info, let me know and I'll pass it on. With how much they've come down in price (I paid 2300 for my F a few years ago and that was going rate here then), I think clones aren't really worth the money anymore since you're saving a lot less than you used to be.

If you just want any HD cab, Noirs are cheap and there's no reason you can't have one to your door under 2k easily.
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

Getting a cab from coast to coast has usually been about $415-$430. One thing do you not want to skimp on is shipping.
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...

Post by GeekMan1222 »

AteThePrincess wrote:There's an importer, KC, selling a Vewlix F cab for 1700 (maybe it was 1800, but I think 1700) out of LA. Depending on your luck with shippers 300 might get it to you from here. If you decide you want his info, let me know and I'll pass it on. With how much they've come down in price (I paid 2300 for my F a few years ago and that was going rate here then), I think clones aren't really worth the money anymore since you're saving a lot less than you used to be.

If you just want any HD cab, Noirs are cheap and there's no reason you can't have one to your door under 2k easily.
Does he import candy cabs, I wouldnt mind finding a NAC again next year or something :P 8-)
rewrite

Post by rewrite »

GeekMan1222 wrote:Does he import candy cabs, I wouldnt mind finding a NAC again next year or something :P 8-)
On and off, but don't expect much beyond NAC/AC or sometimes NNC for CRT cabs unfortunately. He posts what he gets in over on the arcade-projects forums. He's a good guy to deal with. Can be hard to understand over the phone, so I try to keep to text or just show up in person since I'm close enough.
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...

Post by GeekMan1222 »

Thanks for your input :)
Someone
Please Continue...

Post by Someone »

radiantsvgun wrote:Unless you find a vewlix L with one of the laggy monitors, you are going to have a hard time finding one on that budget. Most HD cabs costs a pretty penny- you might want to save up some more and just get a Vewlix. I have a Diamond and an F and I love them. YMMV on those clone vewlixes- I've played on a few and some have been okay and others have been downright garbage. Alibaba is going to be your route for a clone, but that site is like a minefield.
GeekMan1222 wrote:Yeah 2k was my limit too at the most. But it cost a bit more than i thought save your pennies you will find something. THE HUNT IS ON :D :lol:
Thanks for the experienced info and encouragement. :awe:

Here's the thing. 2K is already hard pushing what I can spend for now, until tackling some other big things that will take a while. Plus, I think real machines may smell like smoke or worse, since they're used in smoky arcades. That's a no go around here.

Pragmatism time? Perhaps a high quality wooden clone for now, then try again in a year or two. With good art and lighting, it may look as 'professional" and legit as other wooden cabs, and with elegant Vewlix curves.
rewrite

Post by rewrite »

Someone wrote:Pragmatism time? Perhaps a high quality wooden clone for now, then try again in a year or two.
You'll spend more doing this than just buying a Noir. Plus you'll have a rougher time reselling it as opposed to the Noir.

Kraylix is $1235 before shipping, no joysticks or buttons, no PSU, no JVS I/O, no wiring, no fans, no monitor, no speakers, no access door.
Noir $1000-1200 before shipping depending who you get it from, complete.

Same price to ship either as they're both a pallet's worth of space. Plus, the Noir is WAY lighter.
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...

Post by GeekMan1222 »

The smokey smell isnt too bad at least in my case, at best tear the cabinet down a bit and give it a good cleaning on the inside. The only time i really smell any musk on my cabinet is if my head is poked up inside the access hole LOL. But if it it came from a very smokey location it may be quite strong, a wipe down and clean would still be encouraged. :D
Someone
Please Continue...

Post by Someone »

AteThePrincess wrote:There's an importer, KC, selling a Vewlix F cab for 1700 (maybe it was 1800, but I think 1700) out of LA. Depending on your luck with shippers 300 might get it to you from here. If you decide you want his info, let me know and I'll pass it on. With how much they've come down in price (I paid 2300 for my F a few years ago and that was going rate here then), I think clones aren't really worth the money anymore since you're saving a lot less than you used to be.

AteThePrincess wrote:
Someone wrote:Pragmatism time? Perhaps a high quality wooden clone for now, then try again in a year or two.
You'll spend more doing this than just buying a Noir. Plus you'll have a rougher time reselling it as opposed to the Noir.

Kraylix is $1235 before shipping, no joysticks or buttons, no PSU, no JVS I/O, no wiring, no fans, no monitor, no speakers, no access door.
Noir $1000-1200 before shipping depending who you get it from, complete.

Same price to ship either as they're both a pallet's worth of space. Plus, the Noir is WAY lighter.
You are an MVP. :D Exactly the info I was scouring the web for. Thanks. :)

Unfortunately, I acted too quick. And just then, this thread popped to life, 16 hours later. :lol:

I scoured the web like burnt-on grease. :problem: (Here, reddit, google, coinopexpress, Craigslist, Facebook) Nothing turned up a Vewlix, Lindy or Noire shipping within the States. A Lindbergh on coinopexpress was over 2K before overseas shipping. Even Arcade UFO (a nearby candy arcade) surprisingly had no tips or contacts. I searched for US sellers that even occasionally get these cabs. Signs seemed to strongly imply "NOPE", and a demand surplus.

Kraylix is around 4 hours away, with a really good rep, and started seeming like the only similar thing I could find for the price. Plus his cabinets are definitely beautiful and professional looking. (Arguably more polished than most wooden arcade cabinets, by far.) After checking this thread for quite a few hours, it seemed to confirm the "NOPE" pretty hard, so I went for the Kray. (Didn't want to lose that place in line too.) Then boom! The thread sprang to life! :lol: Once you've spent the money, stuff you were looking for appears. Aint that life?

I'd definitely like the seller info, just in case or for the future. And if you have any examples of where Noirs are selling cheap, please feel free to share. It could help someone out a lot.

Be well, and thanks again!
rewrite

Post by rewrite »

Someone wrote:You are an MVP. :D Exactly the info I was scouring the web for. Thanks. :)

Unfortunately, I acted too quick. And just then, this thread popped to life, 16 hours later. :lol:

I scoured the web like burnt-on grease. :problem: (Here, reddit, google, coinopexpress, Craigslist, Facebook) Nothing turned up a Vewlix, Lindy or Noire shipping within the States. A Lindbergh on coinopexpress was over 2K before overseas shipping. Even Arcade UFO (a nearby candy arcade) surprisingly had no tips or contacts. I searched for US sellers that even occasionally get these cabs. Signs seemed to strongly imply "NOPE", and a demand surplus.

Kraylix is around 4 hours away, with a really good rep, and started seeming like the only similar thing I could find for the price. Plus his cabinets are definitely beautiful and professional looking. (Arguably more polished than most wooden arcade cabinets, by far.) After checking this thread for quite a few hours, it seemed to confirm the "NOPE" pretty hard, so I went for the Kray. (Didn't want to lose that place in line too.) Then boom! The thread sprang to life! :lol: Once you've spent the money, stuff you were looking for appears. Aint that life?

I'd definitely like the seller info, just in case or for the future. And if you have any examples of where Noirs are selling cheap, please feel free to share. It could help someone out a lot.

Be well, and thanks again!
Coinopexpress is bad. They either don't reply, or they do and are ridiculous. They don't actually have stock, they list things, then make an attempt to source them. Not a good business model.

I hear the Kraylixes are nice. They just cost almost the same as a Vewlix by the time you're done, so it's never been worth looking into for me.
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...

Post by GeekMan1222 »

Coinopexpress is bad. They either don't reply, or they do and are ridiculous. They don't actually have stock, they list things, then make an attempt to source them. Not a good business model.

I hear the Kraylixes are nice. They just cost almost the same as a Vewlix by the time you're done, so it's never been worth looking into for me.
Did not know this about Coinopexpress though never did business with them. Good to know. What about arcadespareparts?
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

:(

It's important to be patient. I'm sure you could've found a good HD cab for $2k if you'd have waited more than a day.

$1235 for a Kraylix is cray imo. You could knock one out for peanuts on a CNC router. It'll be Vewlix money once you've bought all the other parts and painted it.
rewrite

Post by rewrite »

GeekMan1222 wrote:Did not know this about Coinopexpress though never did business with them. Good to know. What about arcadespareparts?
My understanding is they're legit. But they're retail/distributor prices, which is just insane. $552 for a Daytona force feedback motor PCB? Nuts.
crunchywasp wrote::( $1235 for a Kraylix is cray imo. You could knock one out for peanuts on a CNC router.
Obviously being the Kraylix dude is where the money is.
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Save your money and buy an actual cab, don't waste it on a DIY mdf turd of regret.
Someone
Please Continue...

Post by Someone »

crunchywasp wrote::(

It's important to be patient.
Patience is important. (Toward achievable goals.) Very true.

I was actually willing to wait weeks or months if it seemed like sub $2K HD cab were a thing, and I searched hard and found nothing supporting that. Searched every resource I could find, and all seemed to heavily suggest the opposite. (Even in this thread, the first couple of posts suggested "nope".)

There was some logic to the rush. If wooden was the only choice, falling weeks/months behind other orderers seemed unwise. (They're beautiful in their own right. I think they look at least as professional as a traditional "woody", but with Vewlix curves and gloss.) So I got impatient and rushed, and shouldn't have.

But yes, I strongly want an official Japanese arcade cabinet. Now that it's a real option, patience has a purpose.

(Edit: Clarity / readability)
Last edited by Someone on September 17th, 2017, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...

Post by GeekMan1222 »

Rossyra wrote:Save your money and buy an actual cab, don't waste it on a DIY mdf turd of regret.
Ill have to agree with this, When i started the hobby I had my naomi shoved in an MDF DIY bartop cab but i never ended up enjoying using the cabinet. Once i finally got my New Astro City my Naomi and arcade systems got ALOT more love 8-)

I waited almost a year looking around until i found one a few states away from me. We rented an SUV and drove out to get it.