You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Arcade games, artwork, kit pieces...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
DaveOrAstroDave
Please Continue...
eBay: kaihatsu

Re: You've Got Grail

Post by DaveOrAstroDave »

It pains me greatly to do this, but it's time for me to face the reality of apartment living in San Francisco with a kid on the way.

I have to get rid of some things, but I don't really know what they're worth. Would anyone be so kind as to offer their assessment of the value of the following items?

1) Sega Astro City with a custom 2-player x 7-buttons each layout. Seimitsu sticks, Sanwa buttons. Upgraded woofers. Plastic marquee (but I could never figure out how to attach it.. it seems like some kind of bracket must be missing?). I drilled out the crappy cam locks the previous owner installed, and and put in new authentic SEGA magnetic locks w/keys. There's some custom wiring, including a (self-designed) usb interface for the sticks. Monitor looks great, no burn-in. I think I might have some extra parts & wiring harnesses to throw in with it.

2) 2x imported red JP-style game center benches. I think they came from Fujita Communications, or some place in Fukuoka.

3) Espgaluda II pcb w/full kit & poster. I've only looked at the poster once; it might have a minor kink or two from unrolling it. (The thing is huge and unwieldy)

4) Mushihimesama, pcb only.

Thanks very much for any feedback.
tart31

Post by tart31 »

turntablism wrote:
tart31 wrote:got a couple of games i need prices for if possible

alien vs predator A and B board asia version

and a boogie wings pcb

:thumbup: :thumbupright:
A few years ago, i sold my boogie wings for around 200 usd - pcb only
Thanks dude 8-)
mozie
Initials: JON

Post by mozie »

Got a virtua striker 4 setup here minus the gdrom drive which has disappeared so basically it's the analogue panel and triforce exp. Type 3. Also got a sega I/O (the one with sonic on it) and a wiring loom to match for egret cab. Might part with separately or together, iam sure a pi could be used to boot the game. Any ideas of value of individual bits or together? Thanks ... oh and a zero gunner 2 cart and an uo poko board
Mantrox
eBay: Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

DaveOrAstroDave wrote:It pains me greatly to do this, but it's time for me to face the reality of apartment living in San Francisco with a kid on the way.

I have to get rid of some things, but I don't really know what they're worth. Would anyone be so kind as to offer their assessment of the value of the following items?

1) Sega Astro City with a custom 2-player x 7-buttons each layout. Seimitsu sticks, Sanwa buttons. Upgraded woofers. Plastic marquee (but I could never figure out how to attach it.. it seems like some kind of bracket must be missing?). I drilled out the crappy cam locks the previous owner installed, and and put in new authentic SEGA magnetic locks w/keys. There's some custom wiring, including a (self-designed) usb interface for the sticks. Monitor looks great, no burn-in. I think I might have some extra parts & wiring harnesses to throw in with it.

2) 2x imported red JP-style game center benches. I think they came from Fujita Communications, or some place in Fukuoka.

3) Espgaluda II pcb w/full kit & poster. I've only looked at the poster once; it might have a minor kink or two from unrolling it. (The thing is huge and unwieldy)

4) Mushihimesama, pcb only.

Thanks very much for any feedback.
- With all the extras i would point the Astro towards 700-850$ if the body is in really good shape with no yellowing and intact art. If the customization is done well it adds value, if its janky it detracts, as most folks prefer an original cab.

- The 2P benches are usually 120$ each or more if they are leather instead of velour. It depends on state (no smoke environment counts a lot).

- When it comes to kits and PCB's there are folks in here that know the current prices better than me; no point in throwing around figures.
Mokum
Please Continue...
eBay: noizer2k3
Initials: MKM

Post by Mokum »

I'll be getting a cab with a cp from another cab so I'm gonna sell it.
How much I can ask for it? With buttons but without the joysticks.
Immagine.jpg
Edit. Yes, the picture is crap :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thechop
Not as old as Ralph

Post by thechop »

thechop wrote:Decisions decisions, I think I have to let a cab go, egret 2 nice and tidy great picture, egret 3 with nos sanwa pfx in it or my nos minicute which had 200 counters on the clock and a slight ding when I got it and only put the rest on trying to get a mortal kombat 3 board working in it lol, think Zaks got all the pics of it :oops:

Ok the cutes going, any idea of a price?
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

£2.5k
buffi

Post by buffi »

Anyone have any idea what a full set of Kaneko Gals Panic carts are worth?
Gals Panic 4 has a box, and gals panic 2 has a small piece of artwork, otherwise just carts.

Pic:

Higher res: http://imgur.com/a/TpfPU
gradius
Bubble Bobble Binman
Initials: NES

Cab valuation

Post by gradius »

Toying with the idea of selling both my cabs.

Looking to see what I would get for an egret II in reasonable condition. It has no side art after a respray many moons ago. It has some screen burn which can mostly be seen when on a white screen. Also have an original marquee with it.

Also my Aero City. This was one of the nos German cabs with 240v power supply in it. It is great condition with a few paint chips on the front of the cp and little else wrong with it. It only has 49 credits on the coin counter!

Like I said, I'm only thinking of selling, it would be hard to part with either of them. This would be to fund another cab.
Last edited by gradius on June 23rd, 2017, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hrvat9
eBay: hrvaat

Re: DDP DOJ question about pcb

Post by Hrvat9 »

I have a chance at buying DDP Doj but have some questions first. The battery is removed, that's only to save high scores?
That one EPROM, with the tape is not original right ?
What should I be paying for this? The owner says it coins up and plays fine without glitches
Thanks in advance!
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Post by Asure »

Eprom is not original, and i would demand a closeup picture of the bottom left, where the battery was. I see some reflections there but not sure what it is.
There are some custom DDP roms out there, so this could be the reason for the eprom.
Hrvat9

Post by Hrvat9 »

Asure wrote:Eprom is not original, and i would demand a closeup picture of the bottom left, where the battery was. I see some reflections there but not sure what it is.
There are some custom DDP roms out there, so this could be the reason for the eprom.
Say the eprom wasn't original, no acid on the board. what would you pay for this? Is it possible that they tried to remove the battery and flipped the switch, giving the board a rom error when booted ?
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

The EPROM will be black label version modified to work on a regular board.

http://ikotsu.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/do ... label.html

The is also a save hack but that requires a battery to work.
thechop
Not as old as Ralph

Post by thechop »

Found some spares out while mooching
Egret 2 psu
Nos taito egret marquee holder
Egret 2 chassis
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

thechop wrote:Found some spares out while mooching
Egret 2 psu
Nos taito egret marquee holder
Egret 2 chassis

:think:

How much ?
thechop
Not as old as Ralph

Post by thechop »

I don't know that's why I asked :lol:
thechop
Not as old as Ralph

Post by thechop »

Nemesis pcb
Salamander pcb

?
rugdoctor
Please Continue...
Initials: KLM

Post by rugdoctor »

How much is a working board of Ghost n Goblins worth nowadays? :penser:
rugdoctor
Please Continue...
Initials: KLM

Post by rugdoctor »

:clap: so requires deep calculations then and please express your constants in a fraction for me.
Hrvat9

Post by Hrvat9 »

yosai wrote:The EPROM will be black label version modified to work on a regular board.

http://ikotsu.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/do ... label.html

The is also a save hack but that requires a battery to work.
Spot on! I didn't even notice the white or black backgrounds. This one has a black background so it's a eprom programmed for the Black label version

Edit : the owner just said it's switchable between white/black label.