Help with Neo 25 locks

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
NoAffinity
eBay: noaffinity
Initials: CSG

Help with Neo 25 locks

Post by NoAffinity »

Firstly, when it rains candy, it pours candy. Just grabbed my second candy cab. :D Saw it posted, from a seller a couple hours away, and couldn't pass it up. I've been wanting a Neo Geo cab for a while. Not necessarily a candy cab, as US wooden Neo Geo's are pretty common around these parts. But, this certainly gets the job done, and frankly, I'm a lot more excited about this gem than I ever would be about a woodie.

Now to my first challenge with THIS cab. :awe: The topper lock and back panel lock appear to be original, and of course, the seller didn't have the key. The topper is unlocked, and "F750" is printed on it. I can't get to the back door lock to ID it. The main front door and the coin mech door have been drilled out and replaced. The coin door has been partially drilled out, but is not fully drilled out. The control panel locks are completely gone...and from the picture below (found on the internet), it looks like the bracket on these might be a bit unique.

So, can anyone help me with part numbers for the various locks?
-Back door
-Topper - is "F750" a true identifier?
-CP
-Coin door, main front door, coin mech door
philsublime
eBay: philsublime2011
Initials: PHP

Re: Help with Neo 25 locks

Post by philsublime »

Hi. Nice Cab. I got the exact same :D

I can provide photos and try to help you with the id of the locks. Not sure if mine are original though...
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

Thanks, philsublime! If possible, can you provide measurements of one of those brackets? I'm anticipating it's going to be something that I will need to fabricate somehow.
philsublime

Post by philsublime »

Here we go. Unfortunately I do not have anything to measure in inches, sorry...

Hope this helps. The height from edge to edge is exactly 5cm.
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

Thank you sir! This is very helpful and much appreciated!
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

Hey philsublime - can I also ask you to take a measurement of the height of the control panel locks?

Also, are all of your locks original? Can you provide any kind of identifying markings from any of the original locks you have? For instance, the lock on the topper/marquee on mine has "F750" stamped on it. I haven't accessed the back door lock yet, but might remove the game board and see if I can crawl in the cab enough to remove it. Also, my coin box lock is partically drilled out, but still firmly seated and locking the coin box door. I will probably finish the task of drilling it out to see if there's any identifying marks on it.

But, any help you can provide from any of your original locks would be much appreciated!
philsublime

Post by philsublime »

So here is the height of the lock.

As for the locks in general. I do not know if mine are original. There is no stamp on any of them.
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

Right there, mate....F750, just like mine. :)

It seems they should all be the same lock then, but would be nice to confirm completely.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
philsublime

Post by philsublime »

Ha, didn't see that. Will check the others as soon as possible.
philsublime

Post by philsublime »

Sorry for the late reply. Had a busy weekend. So I checked, and besides the cp locks, the main front door lock has a f750 marking as well. The others look the same, but do not have the d750 marking. At least I didn't see them.

However, out of curiosity I checked on my Egret2. It has the same f750 marking on the locks. So this might actually not be a true identifier...
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

philsublime wrote:Sorry for the late reply. Had a busy weekend. So I checked, and besides the cp locks, the main front door lock has a f750 marking as well. The others look the same, but do not have the d750 marking. At least I didn't see them.

However, out of curiosity I checked on my Egret2. It has the same f750 marking on the locks. So this might actually not be a true identifier...
Thanks for looking, I appreciate your effort! :)

Do they appear to be the same lock, the Neo and the Egret2? And does the Egret2 have the same Z bracket in it, like the one used for the neo control panel?
philsublime

Post by philsublime »

NoAffinity wrote: Do they appear to be the same lock, the Neo and the Egret2? And does the Egret2 have the same Z bracket in it, like the one used for the neo control panel?
Again, sorry for getting back to you so late. They appear to be the same locks, but the bracket is totally different in the E2.
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

I finally got around to giving a go at a half-baked idea I hatched, of repurposing a PCI slot cover to create the hold-down bracket. I am confident there is no solution more ghetto than this, but it works. Had to widen and lengthen the screw hole of the PCI slot cover with some heavy duty wire cutters, so it would bolt more squarely on. Then bent and cut the top part. Like I said, not very elegant but it works.

Thanks again, philsublime for the measurements. I couldn't have made this work without those for reference.

NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

...and, not 12 hours after jimmy-rigging the above, the seller of the cab messaged me saying he found the hold-down brackets. Mind you, this is 3 months after the original sale, and 2 months since we last talked. I received them today and just put them in. They're a perfect fit on the replacement locks, and my CP is now properly locked and held down.

One step further and almost to the end of the path for putting this Neo 25 right. :D

Just a quick shout to Ryu21 (seller) on KLOV forums. A true gentleman and asset to the community!

Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

Oh nice, glad you got those original hold-down brackets!