NAOMI DIMM board query

PCB problems and fixes
big10p
Please Continue...

NAOMI DIMM board query

Post by big10p »

This is probably a dumb question. Do games loaded onto a NAOMI 1 DIMM board (by either network of CF card) have to be in ISO format? i.e. the GD-ROM image. Is there any way to load games from a simple ROM dump, such as those used in MAME?

Thanks
skate323k137
Please Continue...
eBay: quizknows

Re: NAOMI DIMM board query

Post by skate323k137 »

Generally they're in decrypted format, usually ending in .bin or .dat. MAME ROM dumps don't work; there are tools to convert some of the cart games to .bin but you shouldn't have to do this yourself any more for any reason other than curiosity.

You should be able to just grab a 0 key, and the pretty easily available dumps already on the net. Scroll down on this thread (mods, feel free to remove this if not allowed):
http://neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=300
big10p
Please Continue...

Post by big10p »

Thanks for the reply. The reason I'm asking is because I've been looking for a Shootout Pool cart, but can't find one anywhere. There seems to be plenty of Shootout Pool Prize carts (which I have) around, though. It also seems the game wasn't released on GD-ROM, either.

I just wondered if there was some way to play it, using a DIMM board, but it seems I'm out of luck. :(
skate323k137
Please Continue...

Post by skate323k137 »

big10p
Please Continue...

Post by big10p »

Oh, wow! Looks like all hope is not lost, after all. Thank you so much for finding this for me. :D
skate323k137
Please Continue...

Post by skate323k137 »

NP, cheers mate