Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
jimmytakacs
eBay: nerdcoalition
Initials: JET

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by jimmytakacs »

Greetings,

I'm Jimmy Takacs. I'm new to the arcade game, but a long time retro game collector. I recently purchased a Sega Net City cab, and I'm well on my way to getting it up and running. My favorite consoles are NES, SNES, and N64, though recently I've been diving into PC Engine and import Dreamcast a ton. I look forward to getting some feedback and maybe some necessary parts to complete my Net City!
skate323k137
Please Continue...
eBay: quizknows

Post by skate323k137 »

jimmytakacs wrote:Greetings,

I'm Jimmy Takacs. I'm new to the arcade game, but a long time retro game collector. I recently purchased a Sega Net City cab, and I'm well on my way to getting it up and running. My favorite consoles are NES, SNES, and N64, though recently I've been diving into PC Engine and import Dreamcast a ton. I look forward to getting some feedback and maybe some necessary parts to complete my Net City!
skate323k137
Please Continue...
eBay: quizknows

Post by skate323k137 »

Good to see you here man! Mo (videotronics) can help you with a lot of net city parts.

Sorry for double post, my mouse got click happy and I can't seem to edit it :oops:
Zorro
Please Continue...
eBay: Stjoseph2110

Post by Zorro »

k1ngarth3r wrote:Hi Zorro,

Welcome to ArcadeOtaku.

Any pictures of your collection?
I don't currently have any because it's taking up a lot of different places currently. I'll try taking a picture of the noteworthy stuff in a couple weeks. I need to thin out the collection as well. I have 10 broken gamecubes I need to put lasers in :( and finding parts at a good price is always the worst
HyperKnight
Please Continue...
Initials: SEX

Post by HyperKnight »

Hiya! :D

I'm Matt, an American dude based in Tokyo, and on the precipice of getting my very first arcade cabinet (a Sega New Net City that will be running a NAOMI for Azumanga Puzzle Bobble), I decided to join what seems to be a very awesome community here! I've been collecting retro games since I was 7 (I'm 31 now), and while my collection currently hovers at around 1000 games, the world of arcade cabinets and PCBs and all that fun stuff is completely new to me, so I'm hoping to learn a lot! Having an arcade machine of my own has been a pipe dream of mine since I was little, and the first time I played Azumanga Puzzle Bobble (It's my favorite anime of all time), I told myself that would be the machine that I would have in my house one day. Feels good knowing that it'll be in my house soon!

Also, if anyone has any particularly good shops in Japan they like, let me know! Always looking to find others, especially ones that sell chirashi (flyers). I...kinda collect those too >.>

Yoroshiku!
okonomiyaki
Please Continue...

Post by okonomiyaki »

Hi, I'm Ed from the North East UK, I've got a Neo Geo MVS prototype cab a few months back and earlier this week I just got my second cab, an Astro City. I hope to get a few more candy cabs soon, and I would like to learn from other people and hopefully I can help others out also :).
arovane
Please Continue...

Post by arovane »

Hi! I'm César, I'm french and I live in Oslo, Norway. I have 2 arcade cabinets, one NAC and one mini MVS. I also have about 20 consoles and many many games. I try to spend the little time I have raising my 2 children, working on my machines, and playing (real) tennis. I'm here mostly to make contacts, and give/take advices :)
SEGASHIRO
Please Continue...
eBay: butteryummy
Initials: RAD

Post by SEGASHIRO »

Hello All,

I've ghosted on the arcadeotaku site since I got started with arcade gear (just about a year now) and I have found the wikis very helpful. I'm in Toronto, I have a 8 month old little one (who take up my time), and I am hoping one day to get my gameroom designed. I currently have Blast City with a busted screen :/

I play STGs, beat'em ups, and fighting games mostly.
Kristofer
Please Continue...

Post by Kristofer »

Hi guys, new member here.
I'm mostly into games from the golden age but I also own a New Astro City. I'm here to learn more about Candy cab tech and good Jamma games.
Vinsanity

Post by Vinsanity »

Hello everyone, my name is Vinsanity, and I love arcade games. The Street Fighter series is my favorite, and I know a bit about classic games, but looking forward to learning about the newer tech here.
earthphoenix
Please Continue...
eBay: uisge.beatha

Post by earthphoenix »

hej,

i am nils, moved recently from germany to sweden, have an sega nac with a cps2 and found this forum by picture search for some parts for the nac... cant wait to get permission to contact @videotronics ... ;-)
Spejser

Post by Spejser »

Hi there! I'm Spejser and I own a New Astro City that I am currently working on. It has a Mame-PC in it right now connected through a J-Pac for the time being so i can play Steam games. I currently just own Euro Football Champ that I got when i bought the cab but i have some MVS's and MV1-A that I'm going to order soon.
Silks
eBay: originalsilks
Initials: sWo

Post by Silks »

Hello everybody. My name's Mike Wennmacher and I'm currently living in Champaign, IL USA. I bought a Sega Versus City cabinet about 4 or so years ago from a fighting game buddy. After taking it apart, cleaning it, cutting the base in half (for easier moving in the future), making some clamps to hold the base together again, and letting it sit dormant in pieces for 4 years, I've finally put the monster back together again. I figured it's time to start joining some arcade cabinet forums. Although taking the Versus City apart and putting it back together has lead me to learn a bit of the basics, I'm still pretty noobtastic (I know enough to be dangerous as they say :awe: )
billyC
Please Continue...

Post by billyC »

Hey guys. Sort of new (Kind of) to collecting and putting back together cabinets.
I've been having some issues and found this place. After looking around a while... I've decided to join up! Great community!

I don't know much, probably much less than most... but if I do know something, and someone else doesn't I'm always glad to try and help.

My favorite piece that I currently own? An original Armor Attack cocktail cabinet, in excellent shape. I'm pretty sure they are rare, but even if they are not... It's an excellent conversation starter. (And even kind of fun Haha).
cmoigreg
Please Continue...

Post by cmoigreg »

Hi,
I'm Greg,
39 yo
France, Paris.

I've 2 R-Tuned cabinet, with lindy multi boot, 1 VC3 DX, 1 NAC with MVS and 1 steel Gunner Cabinet with original PCB.

Favorite game : Outrun
Pirlo21Tifosi
Please Continue...

Post by Pirlo21Tifosi »

Hi all

I am Pirlo21Tifosi, I come from France (Paris), several friends have told me of the good of your forum, I therefore crossed the Cape of registration to share my passion for the arcade with you all.

Former owner of a Naomi Universal Cabinet, I then switched to the New Astro City, which is for me the most beautiful of all Terminal arcade.

Thanks for all
TurboIIFC
Please Continue...

Post by TurboIIFC »

Hi everyone, new member here but have always had a love for japanese style arcades. Got to experience it firsthand on my first trip to Japan back in 2007. Im deciding whether I should try to replicate a Vewlix cabinet or just purchase a Astro City and mod it accordingly so im sure this website will be a great resource!
ThatDudeCalledChe
Please Continue...
Initials: CHE

Post by ThatDudeCalledChe »

Hi Guys, if you couldn't tell by my username, my name is Che and I'm a 17 year old dude who has been fascinated by arcade cabinets and arcade hardware most of his life. Unfortunately I don't own any arcade cabinets or hardware but my goal is to earn enough money to get the hardware by next year.
JoeGillian
Please Continue...
eBay: nolan33680
Initials: SB

Post by JoeGillian »

Hi, I'm Seb ,38 years, i'm novice in arcade game but I learn quickly :P
I'm living in France, actually i have 1 Sega Blast City With PGM2
T045TBR0T
Please Continue...
eBay: yopowa

Post by T045TBR0T »

Hey everyone,

I'm just about to move back to Karlsruhe, to finish my computer science degree after moving around for internships the past year.
Since that means I can get some more bulky stuff without **** off the people who help me move, I'm planning to finally get my very own cab. I've been checking out the landscape of people offering stuff and I know I'm going to have a tough time picking just one. Jambo Safari, an Astro City, a Swing, or something entirely different?

I'm more versed in coding and light electronics hacking than proper DIYing, so I'm very happy to see that there's tons of detailed restoration threads in here :D

So yeah, looking forward to joining the elusive club of candy cab owners :awe: