PCB problems and fixes
MitsurugiW
Please Continue...
eBay: mitsurugi-w
Initials: JBW

Re: leonardoliveira & Idc's clean decrypted roms

Post by MitsurugiW »

leonardoliveira wrote:I sent him a PM with a solution. Thanks Mitsu. :awe:

And FYI http://www.arcade-projects.com is down right now. You might want to check that out. :shifty:
Must have just been something minor. Working fine now.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

Question for MottZilla...for the Giga Wing JP fix the time date stamp is 990209 but that doesn't match any known existing dump for B boards.

Is that a typo somehow?
marcellino
Please Continue...
eBay: marcellinodepaula
Initials: MJR

Post by marcellino »

leonardoliveira wrote:Perhaps you misunderstood me...

Let me explain:

On the format used by CPS2 MULTI, all CPU ROM sockets (ROMS 03-10/8x512KB) are combined into a single 4MB file. That's "02" as used on CPS2 multi.

On a game which uses only four ROM sockets, there would be only 2MB of data so the file will have 0xFF from half until the end. The first half is the contents of the roms concatenated.

So if you pick a CPS2 multi download you can easily convert the roms back to usable format knowing that:

MULTI/CPS2 eproms
01 = 01/02
02 = 03/04/05/06/07/08/09/10
03 = 11
04 = 12
05 = 13
and so on ...

I mean that the file on the CPS2 Decryption effort site could be outdated and I suggested you pick a file meant to be used with the CPS2 multi game for the game you want, split it and check if it matches the one you already have.
Olá, Leonardo. Me ajude por favor. Estou acompanhando o fórum tentando salvar uma D&D SOM que esqueci de trocar a bateria.

Inside "ddsomudl" compressed file has another 11 files (desconsidering NAME file):

DD2.01
DD2.02
DD2.03
DD2.12

(4MB each)

On DD SOM B Board I saw only 10 ROM Chips. I tried to rewrite entire set following the sequence file number.. I mean:

DD2.03 to Rom Chip/socket 3
DD2.05 to Rom Chip/socket 4
so on...

I'd ignored DD2.11 and DD2.12.

When I Read your post may I realize that I did a stupid thing. So... to revive my DD SOM B-board I've to use only DD2.02 file and split them into 8x512kb, right?

How can I split them? (sorry for this "noob" question).

Thanks in advance.
Obrigado!
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...
Initials: leo

Post by leonardoliveira »

Sent reply in PM
Kaneco
Please Continue...

Post by Kaneco »

I've always wondered...because I can't seem to find anything on it.

Has anyone bothered to decrypt/extract/artificially compile a Darkstalkers 3/Vampire Savior 1 or 2 Arrange mode as a rom from the PS2 Darkstalkers Collection?

Arrange mode includes all characters (+Dee, a PS2 collection new and exclusive character) that can't be possibly be added at the same time due to CPS2 board's memory limitations, Arrange mode bypasses that...obviously because the PS2/Emulation does not suffer from said limitations.

Vampire Savior 2 was made to include the 3 removed characters while replacing 3 from the original Vampire Savior 1 game, and changed the mechanics of the game as well as balancing. Arrange mode of each game, adds all characters & preserves the balance and mechanics of each game.

There are also arranged versions of Vampire Hunter 1 & 2...as well as, I think, the original Vampire (Darkstalkers 1) game.

I believe Street Fighter Alpha Collection had a similar arranged mode called Hyper Street Fighter Alpha, but as far as I'm aware...that has never been decrypted/extracted/artificially compiled.

Would be interesting to see if this all even possible. Any input would be appreciated! :D
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...

I didn't study those games but I believe they're recompiled and run as native PS2 games, not emulated CPS2 game.
Kaneco
Please Continue...

Post by Kaneco »

Interesting! I was going to mention...'What about Hyper Street Fighter 2?' which was console-only until I realized that it did get a VERY LIMITED Arcade port release just to commemorate SF's 15th anniversary. It's one of the first Arcade Fighting Games to get a port off a console release...that's why it was dumped.

Wish Vampire Savior 1/2 Arrange & Vampire Hunter 1/2 Arrange got the same treatment! ;_;

RIP the dream!

If I knew coding & understood how to compile CPS2 roms/how to modify the Vampire Savior engine, I would artificially make a Vampire Savior 1 Arrange dump...1 to 1 with the one in the collection! Make a unofficial/bootleg port of sorts! :P
Shou

Post by Shou »

Has anyone used the 1944 fix successfully on real hardware? Working with Mott on a JP region fix but it does not work.
dingsbums
The bead-o empire

Post by dingsbums »

Shou wrote:Is the JP Super Street Fighter II X set missing a file for socket 9? It used to have this file but is not in the zip file now.
Bonky wrote:Take it from the original set in mame ;)
I also want to keep my JP Super Street Fighter 2X PCB alive with the decrypted ROM Set, but as Shou stated there is no Data for the ROM 9 in the set :think: .
If I take the ROM 9 data from the MAME ROM Set, does this mean that I can keep the original data on ROM 9 ?
Shou

Post by Shou »

dingsbums wrote:
Shou wrote:Is the JP Super Street Fighter II X set missing a file for socket 9? It used to have this file but is not in the zip file now.
Bonky wrote:Take it from the original set in mame ;)
I also want to keep my JP Super Street Fighter 2X PCB alive with the decrypted ROM Set, but as Shou stated there is no Data for the ROM 9 in the set :think: .
If I take the ROM 9 data from the MAME ROM Set, does this mean that I can keep the original data on ROM 9 ?
Yes
Bonky
Please Continue...

Post by Bonky »

Hi leonardoliveira & Idc :)

Is it possible to decrypt the 19XX Japan set ? :D
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...

Yup. I have that request already. It's on the queue. I'm trying to push the easy ones (games whose decryption can be automated) out of the way first.

Funny bit is that most of the Phoenix Edition games fall on the "games whose decryption can be automated" category... :lol:

I have to mention though, for justice sake that besides the couple of buggy early decrypts that MAME added to it's database the leaked Phoenix sets out there are very accurate in the decryption department.

Btw, I provided a working 1944 set to Shou.
kuze

Post by kuze »

You're the man Leo, keep up the good work.
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...

New sets at the site:

Hyper Street Fighter 2 (JAPAN 040202)
Street Fighter Zero (JAPAN 950727)
X-MEN Children of the Atom (Japan 950105)
Bonky
Please Continue...

Post by Bonky »

Bonky wrote:Hi leonardoliveira & Idc :)
Is it possible to decrypt the 19XX Japan set ? :D
OUPS :oops: it's 1944 sorry :oops:

Thanks for the news set :awe:
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...

Just added:

1944: The Loop Master (USA 000620)
Memory clear routine fixed. Now this is verified working on real hardware.

1944: The Loop Master (JAPAN 000620)
Same game program as the game above, this one was fixed for Shoutime but since it's the same as the USA set, I ported the fix over to the USA version and fixed the ROM CRC check. These two are a Mottzilla's decrypt, not mine.

19XX: THE WAR AGAINST DESTINY (JAPAN 960104)
Request from Shoutime and Bonky. This was a manual decrypt using interactive disassembler so it may have bugs. Please test.

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: SHADOW OVER MYSTARA (EURO 960619)
Another interactive disassembler decrypt. But I did this a good while ago (almost year ago I believe) and I have no bug reports on it yet. I suppose that mean it works properly. :lol:

MARVEL VS. CAPCOM (JAPAN 980123)
Requested by Shoutime. Since this game has only two revisions (980112 and 980123) and Razoola had done 980123, in 2013 I picked 980112 to prove I wasn't ripping his sets off. Now I have no reason to worry about which sets I pick to work into. :lol:

X-MEN: CHILDREN OF THE ATOM (JAPAN 950105)
This is a request from Shoutime. Version 3.00 for Japan. This set is on MAME.

X-MEN: CHILDREN OF THE ATOM (JAPAN 950331)
This is the Euro 950331 set decrypted and converted to Japan region. I presume that once a original encrypted dump for this set is found and dumped it will verify byte perfect to this decrypted code.
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...

Just added to the site:
Super Muscle Bomber (JAPAN 940831 - smbombdl)
Super Muscle Bomber (JAPAN 940808 - smbombr1dl)

Ring of Destruction: Slammasters II (Euro 940902 - ringdestdl)
Ring of Destruction: Slammasters II (Asia 940831 - ringdestadl)

Fixed and tested:
Ring of Destruction: Slammasters II (Asia 940831 - ringdestadm)
darksoft
Initials: PFG

Post by darksoft »

Looks like you never sleep :)

Can you tell me what's the difference between the two Ring of Destruction: Slammasters II (Asia 940831, that you posted?
Arcade Project Master at www.arcade-projects.com
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...

Nothing, it's Mott's decrypt which I fixed the slight glitch on the title screen. And maybe the counter value for the range of memory test.
Shou

Post by Shou »

Big thanks to Leo for working with me on this!

There are so many final revisions of JP titles that still don't have a fix or JP regions that don't have a fix period.

I am happy to have dumped HSFII and just made another dump SSF2 TB 931005 JP. I am on the search for the remaining undumped revisions - mostly in the Vampire and D&D series.