Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
ADL
Please Continue...
Initials: ADL

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by ADL »

Hello

I'm Pierre, 34 years old, fervent Megadriver who doesn't deny other gaming platforms from Sega, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Bandai, Commodore, Nec or Atari. I try to be as eclectic as possible, especially discovering obscure games, which cause sometimes disappointments, but also many amazements.

Concerning the Arcade, I'm a pure newbie, but who knows ? I'm fascinated by Cocktail Tables, and someday, I could seriously own one. ;)
krismandroop
Please Continue...

Post by krismandroop »

Hello,

I'm Chris, I live in France.
I just bought a Chinese vewlix I show some pictures soon.
I am a fanboy SNK.

Goodbye
buddevil
Please Continue...
eBay: cistyte@gmail.com

Post by buddevil »

Hi all !

I'm Budd,
i live in france too.. I'am a Neo Geo fan and i have a viewlix L.

eLLuiGi
Please Continue...

Post by eLLuiGi »

Hi everyone,

I'm really happy to join arcade otaku forum. I'm french and live at Paris, I participate a lot on a french forum which name is Neo-Arcadia, and i discover your forum on this forum.

i have 5 candy cab and 1 babyfoot :D

Seeya 8-)
AsProX
Please Continue...

Post by AsProX »

Hello,

I'm from Belgium and I start to collect arcade stuff :P
YuuMatsura
Please Continue...
eBay: yuumatsura
Initials: YUU

Post by YuuMatsura »

Hi guys!!

My name is Carlos, i'm from Spain and i discovered this forum in my search of a Egret 2 cab. I hope will found one day... :awe:

See you!!
Chantaiman51

Post by Chantaiman51 »

Hi,

My name is William and I am in Southern California. Just picked up a Sega Net City and in the process of restoring it. Got all the parts I need, however, I need to get a nice set of Marquee + Instruction Card. If anyone know where i can source that. That will be really great. TIA :)
dootbeep
Please Continue...
eBay: cheesepataflafla
Initials: COW

Post by dootbeep »

Hi there! Kent here in Portland Oregon. I've had an Astro City Cab for a while and stream on Twitch (mainly fighting games).
osn19
Please Continue...
eBay: neogeoparis

Post by osn19 »

Hello everyone,

I moved from Paris to London, with a few cabs (egret 2, capcom cute, custom vewlix, bartops, midway cocktails) and pcb's (old school and some cave).

I have the same username on the french forums (gamoover, neogeofans, neoarcadia, ukvc).

Nice to be here.
mvgnes
Please Continue...
eBay: 16mega
Initials: mvg

Post by mvgnes »

What's up everyone I'm mvgnes pronounced magnus :awe: I have 3 cabs with no games and I am hoping to change that through this forum. I own a astro city 2, a net city, and a vewlix L. I've visited this forum for some years now but just now got to making an account because I'm a dummy.
Sphere
Please Continue...
eBay: http://www.ebay.com/usr/nandan

Post by Sphere »

Hey Guys,

My name is Pieter and I live in The Netherlands. I started the arcade hobby somewhere in 2012 by accident. I always loved arcade machines but forgot about them until I found Nozomi.nl looking for airhockey locations to play. It ignited my arcade love and as of then been busy with it and loving it.

The line-up I have is a New Astro City, Naomi Universel Mame sitdown for Shmups, MVS Woody and just recently bought a new project sitdown racer to switch it into a Outrun 2 (SP?).

Furthermore early this year I have started to put arcade location on a map globally to get everyone of their couches and start enjoying games as it was intended, with family and friend and experience games, not just play them. So far I managed with input of the arcade community to map 165 locations and counting so if you have any additions please let me know. You can find all the locations here: http://www.arcadeuniverse.net .

Hope to be able to contribute to the forum and to find some nice deals as well :awe:

Regards,

Pieter
limpy
Please Continue...

Post by limpy »

new boy here.been a ukvac member for about eight months after selling a game i did not play and been into it since.
i love to play games but i would much rather fix them.
nothing better than fault finding a pcb :)
i could sit on my **** and watch crap on tv but i can feel my brain slowly turning to mush.
and the buzz you get when you fix something is way better than any **** on tv :)
my name is Colin and i will help anyone i can,thats just the way i am.
Skyphoxx
Please Continue...

Post by Skyphoxx »

Hey everyone!

I'm a long time (30+ yrs) video game collector, and just now getting into arcades. In an effort to make my dream basement, I've decided I'm going to create at least 1 of each type of cabinet DIY. The software and pc part I have down, but admittedly I'm a super n00b when it comes to making cabinets.

My first attempt is a rather tall order, but I think I can do it... hopefully. That is, I want to re-create a Lost World: Jurassic Park Deluxe (theater style) cabinet.

Again, I have the game itself running darn good using the Supermodel3 emulator, and my gun is a Wii Motionplus that connects via bluetooth (using glovepie). It's SUUUPER fun.

The reason I joined this forum is to reach out and see if I can get help (or can be pointed in the right direction) in regards to cabinet plans. Aside from going into Dave and Busters daily and sneaking in a measuring tape to get dimensions and pictures, I'm not sure what to do. The general internet is no help, aside from a few pictures here and there, but from what I've found, plans are nowhere. :(

If anyone would like to be my compass, I'd love it. If not, thanks for letting me snoop around these forums! Cheers :D
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

Welcome one and all to one of the greatest game forums' on the net!
Zervo
Please Continue...
eBay: zervobidder

Post by Zervo »

Hi

I am a new member from SF bay area. Nice to meet you all. I am new to candy cab mania. I always loved my dreamcast and the vast library of arcade titles. I am interested in naomi hardware. I am looking for a blast city cab to get the ball rolling.
Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Post by Chempop »

Hi Zervo, welcome and good luck with finding a Blast City. CA is home to many cabs, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find one (unlike here on the east coast).
The naomi is a handful, between the i/o board (supposedly the SEGA ver.B is better than the capcom one), and you'll likely need that extra power supply (I think SUN makes a good one). I don't personally use naomi, so I'm partially talking out my bum, I just toss a Dreamcast in my Blast sometimes which does the job for me.
Zervo
Please Continue...
eBay: zervobidder

Post by Zervo »

Chempop wrote:Hi Zervo, welcome and good luck with finding a Blast City. CA is home to many cabs, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find one (unlike here on the east coast).
The naomi is a handful, between the i/o board (supposedly the SEGA ver.B is better than the capcom one), and you'll likely need that extra power supply (I think SUN makes a good one). I don't personally use naomi, so I'm partially talking out my bum, I just toss a Dreamcast in my Blast sometimes which does the job for me.
Thank you Chempop! Excited to learn more. Thank you for the tips regarding psu and i/o for naomi. I will keep look out. I had a quick question which cabs work easiest with naomi hardware other than Blast City.
bud2
Please Continue...

Post by bud2 »

How'd you,
I have been lurking here for a while, but decided to say hi.
I am a game developer and about to take hold of two of my trails this week and another next week.
I will keep you up to date :awe:
dibz
Please Continue...
eBay: dibz
Initials: GCN

Post by dibz »

Hello!

I'm located in west central minnesota, and picked up my first cab about two weeks ago now -- a virtua fighter 4 / naomi 2. Good times!
pcrouchie
Please Continue...
eBay: paulieman2001

Post by pcrouchie »

Hi, I'm Paul, and I wish I'd have found this forum much, much sooner.

I bought an jamma arcade a while ago as a project "maximus" was my plan, but that kinda went out of the window. I grew up with arcades, and absolutely love them all.