Virtua Striker cab-monitor replacement for NAS

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
ElPancho
Please Continue...

Virtua Striker cab-monitor replacement for NAS

Post by ElPancho »

I'm not too familiar with the Virtua Stikers cabs (wood ?), so I was wondering whether this cab

http://link.marktplaats.nl/241020183

would have a nice monitor in it to save to use in a Sega New Astro cab some day?
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Re: Virtua Striker cab-monitor replacement for NAS

Post by penrhos »

You would need to check the tube size and that it was the original monitor - I think VS = 26" Nanao. I'm pretty sure VS2/VF2 came with 28" Nanao's fitted which could be made to fit a AC/NAC but the curvature may be slightly out for the bezel - it does fit a Naomi (with the correct bezel).

Also the 28" Nanao from a Naomi fits the Egret-II bezel perfectly so in theory it would be good for an Egret-II as well.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
ElPancho
Please Continue...

Post by ElPancho »

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out on a VS2/VF2 with a 28" Nanao fitted then.
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

Its worth asking for any suitable donor cab you see going cheap - Sega is probably your best bet - but I found one in a Konami cab that fitted one of my cabs fine.

You need to ask the seller the Diagonal measurement of the tube US - 27" Viewable = 29" European tube size.

Easy option is look on back of tube - there should be a manufactures sticker with a reference number - If it starts with A68xxxxxxxx then its a 29" as 29" = 68cm.

Then all you need to worry about is the screen curvature matching the bezel (assuming your swapping the whole unit).
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).