Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Chempop »

Welcome guys :awe:

Mrhide, congrats on the Blast City, that was also my first candy. Spectre occasionally does marquee group buys, they are great quality. I've designed a handfull, but only made a couple print-wrothy ones. Here's an album to give you an idea: https://flic.kr/s/aHskhshzvi

Any idea which bullet hell game you'll go for? My personal favorite is Dimahoo, but many go for ESPrade for their first cave PCB (since it hasn't been ported to any consoles).

Have fun!
Mrhide
Initials: MRH

Post by Mrhide »

Chempop wrote:Welcome guys :awe:

Mrhide, congrats on the Blast City, that was also my first candy. Spectre occasionally does marquee group buys, they are great quality. I've designed a handfull, but only made a couple print-wrothy ones. Here's an album to give you an idea: https://flic.kr/s/aHskhshzvi

Any idea which bullet hell game you'll go for? My personal favorite is Dimahoo, but many go for ESPrade for their first cave PCB (since it hasn't been ported to any consoles).

Have fun!
thanks :) ... it looks like it 's Spectre's site that brought me here ! ... so I'll check 'em out and contact him.

I'm a BIG fan of Cave / Dodonpachi ... but boy :wtf: they are pricey!@#!@#

I'm going to probably go the shameful way and stick a J-PAC in there while I search for "the proper PCB"... :roll:
Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Post by Chempop »

Yeah it's a shame how many of the good shmups have doubled or tripled in price in the last few years, particularly Raizing and Toaplan games. A couple have hovered and remain reasonable, Galuda is still usually around $300-ish. Psikyo are still affordable too if you enjoy those.
sdave
Please Continue...

Post by sdave »

Hello,

I'm davy from the netherlands.
I'm collecting games as a hobby, try to restore them mostly.
for now I have: silent scope, crazy taxy, 18wheeler, jambo safari, lethal enforcers, atv track, hiphopmania and a ranger mission.
now i'm hooked to the hiphopmania...
atomriot
Please Continue...
eBay: atomriot
Initials: ccc

Post by atomriot »

im always looking for great places with info on arcade machines. I like to mess specifically with DDR machines but have ventured out a little bit to help others.
I occasionally help the local arcade bar keep their machines running, and i am always messing with my japanese ddr cabinet
WHUFC
Please Continue...

Post by WHUFC »

Hey,

I'm Lee, I've been collecting retro consoles for about 15 years. I dipped my toe in with arcade machines about 3 years ago (over on jammaplus). I've bought one, restored one and now looking for one.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Big West Ham fan!
amontre
Please Continue...
eBay: amontre
Initials: ABE

Post by amontre »

Hello ! I'm from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Been collecting gaming consoles for years just recently got myself Sega New Astro City. It came with multigames jamma Pandora Box 3.
arcadefanWC
Please Continue...

Post by arcadefanWC »

Hello. I just registered for the site; however, I can't access the marketplace or send PMs. How do I get access to these functions?
Thanks.
RagingHawk
Please Continue...

Post by RagingHawk »

Hi, I'm Lukas. 29yr old gamer and collector from Germany. Nice to meet you all! :)
Charliechan
Please Continue...
eBay: Jtkt69
Initials: Mtb

Post by Charliechan »

Hello everybody. I like big purple bullets and dragon punches.
dakken
Please Continue...

Post by dakken »

Hi All
Old School PCB collector who's found a taste for candy
Chilnbloc
Please Continue...

Post by Chilnbloc »

Names Charles. Have always had a passion for playing arcade games. Recently acquired a Galaxian that's in need of repair. That has led me here! :awe:
gros93

Post by gros93 »

Hi guys,
I'm Greg, 37 years old and fan forever of videoagmes. I own 3 cabinets : Sega Blast City, Irem Madonna and a Capcom Cute.
Happy to join you

:awe:
nismopunch
Please Continue...

Post by nismopunch »

Hey everyone,

I was born in the 80s and grew up with arcades, however after my trip to Japan a while back I have been bummed about how scarce they our in my area now. Anyway I got into one of those modes and ended up building a supergun and just dove in...now im here lol.

Currently in my collection are Neo Geo MVS (few affordable cartridges), Naomi 2, Namco 256, and currently researching and trying to acquire a Lindbergh..for Initial D 4/5 :D
keropi
Please Continue...
eBay: sainshov

Post by keropi »

Hi everyone!

just registered since after a couple of years of searching I finally bought an arcade cabinet (why so long searching you ask? arcade cabinets are banned here by law since ~8 years ago or so, the geniuses in the government could not control slot-machines and decided to ban all games together :problem: .... yeah....) and some games to go with it (2xMVS boards with Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown, Taito F3 Puchi Carat and a bootleg Tumble Pop) so I thought I'd pop in and start asking questions :D

The plan is a dual-jamma setup for a groovymame pc and real boards as I collect them. Already started working on the bootleg Tumble Pop as it needed a recap and next in line is a recap/cleaning of the Polo 25" monitor and the jamma PSU that are installed in the cabinet.
Here is the generic-Greek-made cabinet - a classic here that brings up memories 8-)

In the following weeks I want to recap/refurb everything in it with quality Japanese caps , replace the control board with new joysticks and 6 buttons per player, rewire and clean the whole thing - standard stuff around here I assume 8-)

Glad to have found the place, it really seems the one to be ;)
Mrhide
Initials: MRH

Post by Mrhide »

I wanted to add one thing:

I'm on other "game room and arcade" forums but this is the first one where the people seem to like "the real games" that I like :shifty:
Reading that people are playing and loving Slap Fight, Toki , the Cave shoot'em up and not just playing pacman and donkey kong (not that these are bad games but...) is refreshing ... you guys know your **** and I'm just smiling when I'm reading! :) Hopefully I'll also be able to bring you a smile or two!

Game on!
AlaskaCC
Please Continue...
eBay: 22cmc
Initials: CMC

Greets!

Post by AlaskaCC »

I'm an arcade lover, but I can change - if I have to.
Just kidding!

Hello everyone.
AlaskaCC
Sycada
Please Continue...
eBay: Sycada1

Post by Sycada »

Hi,

Just recently got back into the arcade scene after a few years of absence.
Love Cave games and Capcom stuff in particular but just a big arcade fan. It's good to be back!
EloyFarina
Please Continue...

Post by EloyFarina »

Hi everyone.
I am Eloy from Argentina. I have 31 years old.
One month ago i bought an OK Baby cabinet completeley new and disarmed.
I registered because i was searching some pictures about how to assemble the parts and now i need create a thread because i'm very lost.
Regards
rufus

Post by rufus »

Hi everyone! New member from Italy here.
I own 2 classic '80 stand up cabs (+1 scratchbuild NeoGeo lowboy) but I'm really tempted by a sit down Candy Cab.
Can't wait to learn more about them.