Check out my "1cc" YouTube Channel
YouTube
Braintrash
Please Continue...
eBay: yuu_madrigal

Re: List of Japanese Control Boxes / Superguns - Info & photos

Post by Braintrash »

You can use a SLG3000, of course.

I don't myself because I want an internal solution and, more importantly, because I will be tweaking my Gonbes to output 1080p, something the SLG3000 do not handle well (in fact, it only handles 640 * 480, beyond, the scanlines are too thin).

Of course, I may end up finally buying a Framemeister and, as such, wouldn't need to tweak anything.
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

Braintrash wrote: Synch problems on the Framemeister are usually solved with a firmware update. You should check if you are up to date on the Framemeister side.

As for the harness, yes, you can choose on order which harness you want (with or without voltmeter). Both harnesses have a cps1 kick harness built in.

Then, you can order a separate CPS2 kick harness that will be connected between the PCB and the built in CPS1 kick harness.

Hope I am clear enough.
Great, thanks for the clarification, although I must say that i was still experiencing synch issues on 2.0 firmware with the framemeister, with CPS2 & 3 mainly.

One last thing, did you get crucified by shipping and customs charges. I guess this will come in nearer to £500 all in?
Braintrash
Please Continue...

Post by Braintrash »

Did you try 2.0a?

Also, shipping and handling was reasonable and package was well done.

But customs crucified and raped me.
bloodhokuto

Post by bloodhokuto »

I will be trying out 2.0a this weekend, fingers crossed!
Braintrash
Please Continue...

Post by Braintrash »

Keep us informed.
bloodhokuto

Post by bloodhokuto »

Braintrash wrote:Keep us informed.
Well I was able to play around with the FM this evening and am pleased to say that the current firmware has fixed almost all of my issues.

1) Scanlines:- The FM seems to produce a strange uneven array of them at times, and when coupled with the fact that they used to be too bold (in my taste) exacerbated the problem. I knew that in 2.0 there was more flexibility, but I either missed, or it is a new feature that you can adjust the boldness and two other parameters in 2.0a.
So, in my case I toned them down, which meant that the uneven effect was reduced. Of course, making the problem less visible is not a fix per-se, but it means that you can see scanlines well, but you have to look very closely now to try and see a problem.

2) Synch Isssues:- For some time the FM has allowed you to adjust a (single) synch setting, but I could never fine tune it to stop the screen bounce issue I had with CPS2 and CPS3. The original synch adjustment now has more range, and there are two (or three) other settings that you can now adjust. In addition the FM unit can now utilise the additional parameters when you are in the auto synch mode. In fact my CPS2 issue was almost completely resolved in the auto synch mode. CPS3 was more problematic, but the better range of adjustments in manual allowed me to get an almost perfectly stable picture.
The overall result was that without me spending a lot of time, the stability issues were largely fixed to the extent that I would be happy playing the games at length. You can occasionally detect a bit of intermittent screen wobble, but it is about as annoying as a slight amount of burn in on a crt that you don't really notice.

Of course I now have a PVM monitor, which has largely made the FM redundant, but it is nice to be able to play the games on a bigger screen, and means in the long term that should my PVM die, I have a nearly as good alternative.

On a final note, (as I have mentioned having a PVM), I cannot stress how much this monitor has enhanced my gaming experience, games now look stunning, and absolutely perfect. I only have a 14" version, but it **** all over any of my cab monitors (I thought my U4 had a perfect screen, and it is nice, but the step up to quality on the PVM is staggering.
Braintrash
Please Continue...

Post by Braintrash »

Thank you for the input.
That's good to know, I may even invest into a FM... :oops:
bloodhokuto

Post by bloodhokuto »

I apologise for taking the thread somewhere else, but I felt that I should add some clarification / a correction to the scanline issue with the Framemeister that I mentioned previously.

Some people get perfect results on scanlines through the FM, so I should have made it clear that there will be variations that will depend more on;

1) Input hardware - i.e saturn / Neo geo Home system / supergun* using CPS2 / supergun* using MVS etc.

*- using arcade equipment effectively creates two variables, as you may get two different results from the same arcade board using two different superguns.

2) TV Display - Different TV's will produce a different result, some will give more/less lag, or present other display issues than others.

I'll take any future general discussion about the FM elsewhere. However, if I do pick one of these up I will do testing and post the summary here regarding the COMBO AV EX+ & FM, with perhaps a separate thread with more detail.
richy13
Ming the Merciless
eBay: ...

Post by richy13 »

Anybody seen this before? - Σ9000SP Super Stick 9000
papospecial-img600x431-1461330994eep4hs2723.jpg
papospecial-img599x590-1461330995lfdv5z2723.jpg
papospecial-img439x600-1461330995qgunbi2723.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tarma
eBay: king-o-cheese

Post by Tarma »

richy13 wrote:Anybody seen this before? - Σ9000SP Super Stick 9000
papospecial-img600x431-1461330994eep4hs2723.jpg
papospecial-img599x590-1461330995lfdv5z2723.jpg
papospecial-img439x600-1461330995qgunbi2723.jpg
It's a little garish, but at the same time really cool looking, and, no, not seen a Sigma stick like that before!

Anyone know how long Sigma have been producing supergun hardware? That stick has a distinctly '90s look to it.
richy13
Ming the Merciless
eBay: ...

Post by richy13 »

It's a little garish, but at the same time really cool looking, and, no, not seen a Sigma stick like that before!

Anyone know how long Sigma have been producing supergun hardware? That stick has a distinctly '90s look to it.
Well the stick been 6 button pretty much gives it away that it's from the '90's ;)

I found this in Gamest 183.
Sigma.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tarma
eBay: king-o-cheese

Post by Tarma »

Heh, that's cool. And only a mere snip at £130 (at todays exchange rates!) :awe:
OutRunner
Please Continue...
eBay: denkokishin

Post by OutRunner »

First of all, I want to recognize the unpayable effort of Paulie for reporting a little more the japanese "control box" in occident.

The first post of this topic was a great source of information for our article about the world of Control Box, as we have also documented with Gamest, Arcadia, Game You and Micom Basic magazines, Yahoo Auctions, Japanese webs and enthusiast from Japan. This is the first part of our article:

http://wp.me/p77RHt-RN

Thanks again to Paulie for all the info. :)
beepgamecenter.com
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

:) no worries, I'm glad that sharing one of my passions was of interest.

I really enjoyed reading your article on control boxes :D You have an absolutely fantastic site keep up the awesome work!
OutRunner
Please Continue...
eBay: denkokishin

Post by OutRunner »

Paulie wrote::) no worries, I'm glad that sharing one of my passions was of interest.

I really enjoyed reading your article on control boxes :D You have an absolutely fantastic site keep up the awesome work!
Thank you very much! I would translate the articles into English in a future, but I haven't much time.

In few days, the 90's Control Boxes!

Greetings!!!
beepgamecenter.com
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

Got sent this link today..

http://www.welink.cc/index.php?route=pr ... y&path=100

Quite interesting
Check out my "1cc" YouTube Channel
YouTube
Braintrash
Please Continue...

Post by Braintrash »

Is it an invitation to open an horrible supergun pictures thread?

Edit: I am not trying to be negative on purpose, but if you check the link, it's quite fishy.
First, they use the picture of an actual Japanese supergun while their product is something else than the supergun pictured. BTW, it is not a supergun, but a mame box. It doesn't seem to handle JAMMA or JVS. It doesn't even write properly the name of the Chinese emulation box they probably aren't even using. I won't go as far to say it's a scam, but it's definitely fishy.
NGAES

Post by NGAES »

Oh noes! Some pictures are gone!
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

Has anyone replaced the Kic Control Box PSU? It came with the stock 110V and don´t want to be carrying a transformer for this thing, but don´t know which PSU could I use for it.