Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Eddhorse
eBay: Eddlowry
Initials: EDL

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Eddhorse »

Hi All,

Purchased my first Sega machine yesterday.
Its an Astro City, has a few nicks and dents, but i love it.

Just finishing a woody (Silverline 26 jamma) which i started in November 2014. So not new to the scene but this is still different.

Hope to buy lots of unneeded stuff and fill boxes with stickers, locks, buttons, etc etc you all have these boxes.

Thanks.
Ed
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

:awe: congrats on getting an astro

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
theman
eBay: aero_city
Initials: RJC

Post by theman »

Hi Ed,
I've always really likes the silverline machines, great looking cabs.
Wooky
Please Continue...
eBay: nyzst33

Post by Wooky »

Hi...my real name is Edoardo and I'm from Italy...
I'm truly passionate on early '90 japanese video games, in detail scrolling beat em up and fighting games...I'm in a massive and permanent fascination expecially of Neo Geo and Cave games...

I possess some candy...I have an Aero City, a Astro City, a Blast City, a Neo Geo mini SC 14-2 and...a Mortal Kombat II...

I joined this forum cause I want to meet new arcade challengers outside my conuntry...and buy more stuff in marketplace section...

P.S. ...I see a River Service marquee in marketplace section but now (registration complete) I'm inable to access... :cry: ...pheraps in a brief period I will able to access in it...cause I REALLY want this stuff :D (I have a River Service control panel in my aero and shoud be complete with the marquee...)
teamandromeda
Please Continue...

Post by teamandromeda »

Hi everyone!

Big Sega fan, just recently diving into arcade hardware. Like many of you, I've dreamt of owning an arcade as a child and now I'm chasing that dream.

I'm in computer networking as a profession and tinker with coding/engineering as a hobby. I'm excited to be a part of the community.
arttu
Please Continue...
eBay: arttuy
Initials: AIY

Post by arttu »

Hi everyone!

I'm Arttu, a 39-year-old arcade collector/enthusiast from Finland. I've been collecting arcade cabinets and PCBs since the late '90s but for some reason I have not joined any arcade forums until now.

I've owned various dedicated cabs (Chase HQ, After Burner, Hard Drivin', Space Gun etc) but currently I only have a Taito Egret 29, half-rebuilt German woodgrain cocktail cabinet and some self-made super-ugly supergun setups (for playing arcade games outside in the summer with a projector). At the moment I own around 300+ PCBs/carts and I limit my collection strictly to JAMMA/JAMMA+ compatible games or games/platforms that contain an official JAMMA adapter (like Capcom IO for Naomi etc). I think I'm almost finished with my collection, there's only one or two games to go ...

I have some arcade-related stuff on my home page at http://solvalou.com/arcade.php such as arcade reviews from old magazines etc, so perhaps some of you might be interested in checking it out. I'm also the guy who programmed all the backend/server/admin stuff for http://system16.com - a site you might know about.

What it'd like to learn to do better is to fix arcade PCBs - lately I have...
- Fixed my NBA Jam Maxmium Hangtime - player 4 controls did not work (PCB had short circuited and zapped one of the chips on the edge of the pcb)
- Fixed sound in my Xexex - replaced the caps on the custom PCB (also did the same thing to my GI Joe PCB)
- Tried to fix my STV motherboard (I guess one of the slave CPUs legs had was loose) but failed and completely killed the PCB. Fortunately I managed to get another STV motherboard so I can play Radiant Silvergun on it (one of my favorites) but I feel really bad for "robbing one STV from the market" because of my incompetence. I'd really appreciate it if the dead STV got a loving home....anyone interested?
- Some other easy fixes (ribbon cables, broken eproms, dried caps, the usual)
- Just bought an oscilloscope and lately I've been trying to fix my Edward Randy PCB that outputs no sound whatsoever (well, some "digital noise" when it boots up if you turn the volume level up) with it, but as the only thing that I know about electricity is "it's blue and it strings", I'm not progressing too much. Would it be a good idea to set up a thread about the PCB, asking for help (stupid questions as that's all I know), documenting every (mis)step - might be helpful to me and others, or..?

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Post by Asayuki »

hi arttu,
welcome to AO and congrats for your collection.
I have absolutely no clue about your technical bavkground, but probably you might want to have a look at the tech section: there is an interesting thread on how to repair boards. If all that is known to you already, I'm pretty sure you will love to get to know at least the basic concepts of analog and digital electronics. Google can point you at several intenet resources for self-teaching.
As for sharing your repair attempts and asking suggestions there is a subsection dedicated to that. Remotely fixing something on your behalf won't be possible, but I'm sure you won't be disappointed by the amount of pointers you will receive from people.
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.
fl000w
Please Continue...
eBay: roubiflo

Post by fl000w »

Hi, my name is Flow. I looking for contact Spectre.
I want to discuss with him about marquee print.
Spectre use a lot of my marquee creation.
Here the forum where i post my marquee:

http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewto ... cee3d611cc

I come in peace, i juste want to discuss with him. ;)
BootBoy
Please Continue...
eBay: jammaware

Post by BootBoy »

First time posting here. I'm am currently looking for techie stuff about arcade boards.
Hoping I could get info and tips here :awe:
Oldgameslover
Please Continue...
eBay: 2d-videospieler

Post by Oldgameslover »

Hello Dudes,

i new in here and want to tell some thing about me:

i like Shoot-em-ups, Vertical and Horizontal.
Also i own three working candy cabs: Aerocity, Noami, Egret III.

Best regards
Loki
Please Continue...
eBay: gediegener
Initials: LOK

Post by Loki »

Hey together,

I am Loki - 33 Years - from Germany - and relatively new in the arcade scene.
My particular passion in past was in retro games, especially 8-bit systems like Nintendo NES or Famicom. Besides of that my passion was also in pinball - with my DataEast TMNT Turtles.

I was always fascinated of Arcade and Candy Cabs. Unfortunatley I had no space for it :problem:
Due to an relocation this problem is no longer :awe: and I just owned and picked up my first Candy cab - an Astro CIty 2
Inside of the Cab I use an Igs PGM Board with several games - Demon Front / Do DonPachii / Oriental Legends / Gladiator or my MVS board.

So i have some several question and i feel in good spirit that this community is the right platform to interchange.
I am looking forward for the upcoming common time.

See you,
Loki
xanderzane
Please Continue...

Post by xanderzane »

Hi everybody,
My name is Alex some of you may recognise me from other forums . I have been in the hobby a while, and have had a few cabs over the years. At the moment I have a dedicated mortal kombat II and a conversion mortal kombat 3. I have also had an initial d and a sega Naomi upright driver In the past, but I sold them on as they take up to much room.

I recently went to play expo for the first time and it has sparked up my interest in owning some more games to play on. Hence joining up here ;)
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

welcome new guys :awe:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
xanderzane
Please Continue...

Post by xanderzane »

Sakuragi
Please Continue...

Post by Sakuragi »

Hi !
I'm Sakuragi from France, 33 years old and like everyone one here I love arcade games. I'm the proud owner of a Sega Blast City and many arcade systems ( MVS, PGM, CPS2, Lindbergh and many PCB ). Hope to help and find some answers about technical problems here.

arcadeoriginals
Please Continue...
Initials: MAR

Post by arcadeoriginals »

Hello

May name is Marco, I live in the Netherelands and I have been away for a while...I forgot my old username an I tried a lot of things but it looks like I have to make a new username.

So, let me introduce myself (again ;-) )

Early 2000 I had a lot of cabs and pinballs, over the years more than 100. And at least 600+ pcb's :-)
After we moved to a different house, I needed to sell everything unfortunately. I only have a few home-build cabs with some multi-game pcb's because of the lack of space to go for lots of dedicated cabs :oops:

I just noticed that I can't access the marketplace-part , not sure why not. Maybe that is a good thing because I saw some things (when I am NOT logged in) I would like to buy but I can't contact the seller haha

I am building a new cab at the moment (Tron theme) so I will post pictures of it when it gets interesting ;-)

Thanks
Marco.
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

What was your username before?
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven
eBay: DevilSoundwave

Post by Devil Soundwave »

Rossyra wrote:What was your username before?
arcadeoriginals wrote:
I forgot my old username
Panggoy
Please Continue...

Post by Panggoy »

Hi! New here from Manila, Philippines. Been an arcade enthusiast ever since and started collecting these machines not too long ago. Looking forward to contributing to the community. Cheers! :D
sainrub
Please Continue...

Post by sainrub »

Hi guys! Ive been a lurker for many moons. Glad to finally have registered. Have a Blast City project underway, would love to pick up some deals on BC parts!