Taito Type X2 Games.

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Niko
Please Continue...

Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Niko »

So Im sure everyone who is interested in the X2 knows about the 17 or 18 dumps floating around the internet and the multigame drives which usually contain those dumps + a few from the original Type X.

I became interested in the Type X2 a few months ago and despite how large ( or small ) the library actually is, I notice you only really find the same 5 or 6 titles for sale.

I'm curious as to why this is, is it due to the fact that the X2 is still in use in arcades or is there something else preventing the sale?
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by andygeezer »

Depends if the game was a kit or dedicated, dedicated games will only be found in there cabinets unless parted out.

Same applies with Lindbergh, ringwide/edge, nu, x3 etc.
Say hello to my little friend...
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

Some titles were only released in extremely small quantities (KOFXIII Climax, BlazBlue CS2).
Niko
Please Continue...

Post by Niko »

andygeezer wrote:Depends if the game was a kit or dedicated, dedicated games will only be found in there cabinets unless parted out.

Same applies with Lindbergh, ringwide/edge, nu, x3 etc.
Ahh I didnt think about dedicated cabs.
kazuo wrote:Some titles were only released in extremely small quantities (KOFXIII Climax, BlazBlue CS2).
Is that due to the move toward NesicaXLIVE or just little demand?
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

Little demand. CS2 was already available on NESiCA (the offline version was mostly for export operators) and Climax was just produced in small quantities, likely because SNK is poor or something. :awe:

NESiCA titles haven't been dumped yet, but word around the watercooler is a few folks have been trying. It's hard since a lot of the equipment is rental-only, and most operators in Japan aren't keen on assisting pirates.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

not even sure CS2 was released as upgrade kit or full kit, i know a few shops listed it, but Taito said nope when i asked.

the Climax thing is really stupid thou.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Niko
Please Continue...

Post by Niko »

Jan wrote:not even sure CS2 was released as upgrade kit or full kit, i know a few shops listed it, but Taito said nope when i asked.

Yea I tried to reach out to coinopexpress and they told me they couldnt get it, despite it being listed on their site.
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

Yeah the usual Coinopexpress....

They have listed a Climax as available, so i contacted them. All good, they requested me to pay right away..

told them that i would like to see a picture of the actual Kit, so they told me they would get it and send it to me asap. i waited and waited and then recived an email that sadly they were not able to find a kit on the market.

Same story with another shop in HK, even better , they do not accept paypal on items >1000$ (due to the fees), so i offered to add the 4%, suddenly it was not available on the market. :problem:

heck, i would even pay $$$ for a proper working dump :lolno:
Niko
Please Continue...

Post by Niko »

Jan wrote:Yeah the usual Coinopexpress....

They have listed a Climax as available, so i contacted them. All good, they requested me to pay right away..

told them that i would like to see a picture of the actual Kit, so they told me they would get it and send it to me asap. i waited and waited and then recived an email that sadly they were not able to find a kit on the market.

Same story with another shop in HK, even better , they do not accept paypal on items >1000$ (due to the fees), so i offered to add the 4%, suddenly it was not available on the market. :problem:

heck, i would even pay $$$ for a proper working dump :lolno:
Sounds like you dodged a bullet. LOL

I guess Taito wont sell directly to home users either?

I'm hoping when Central Fiction comes out later this year there will be some Chrono Phantasma on the market
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

Chrono Phantasma is Nesica only.

Taito does not sell Games.
Niko
Please Continue...

Post by Niko »

Jan wrote:Chrono Phantasma is Nesica only.

Taito does not sell Games.
Ohh I didnt think it was, Is there a definitive list somewhere of what games are Nesica exclusives?
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

Jan wrote:not even sure CS2 was released as upgrade kit or full kit, i know a few shops listed it, but Taito said nope when i asked.

CS2 was released as a kit and Extend was available as an upgrade. Quantities were extremely limited, moreso than Climax, and it sold even worse than Climax did.
Niko
Please Continue...

Post by Niko »

How exactly did the upgrades work? Where they one time use USB drives that upgraded the image on the harddrive??
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

Niko wrote:How exactly did the upgrades work? Where they one time use USB drives that upgraded the image on the harddrive??
CS2 was not an upgrade kit, it was only a stand alone game that came in a kit (i.e. TX2 hardware with game). Also, it was by special request only. From what I heard, people that got CS2 shelled out a pretty penny for it (poor guys). Climax is a different story, you had to send in your legit hdd to SNK at the time and they would update it to Climax for you. There are also some licensed merchants that do this as well such as Coinop.
Niko
Please Continue...

Post by Niko »

Hellfromabove wrote:
Niko wrote:How exactly did the upgrades work? Where they one time use USB drives that upgraded the image on the harddrive??
CS2 was not an upgrade kit, it was only a stand alone game that came in a kit (i.e. TX2 hardware with game). Also, it was by special request only. From what I heard, people that got CS2 shelled out a pretty penny for it (poor guys). Climax is a different story, you had to send in your legit hdd to SNK at the time and they would update it to Climax for you. There are also some licensed merchants that do this as well such as Coinop.

Apparently not.... :(
Thank you very much for your email.

For your inquiry of King of Fighters XIII Climax software upgrade kit, after checked, sorry that we cannot locate it.

Best Regards,
Kate

Coinop Express
Phone: +852 2787 0028
Fax: +852 2787 0099
Date: 21st October, 2015
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

Niko wrote:
Hellfromabove wrote:

Apparently not.... :(
Thank you very much for your email.

For your inquiry of King of Fighters XIII Climax software upgrade kit, after checked, sorry that we cannot locate it.

Best Regards,
Kate

Coinop Express
Phone: +852 2787 0028
Fax: +852 2787 0099
Date: 21st October, 2015
Oh major suckage!

Yeah, Climax is hard to find... It was dumped some years ago, and was released on some Chinese and Chilean sites. Unfortunately, all the links that were posted a couple years back are no longer up...

I'd gladly buy a legit version if I could find one...
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

Climax is a different story, you had to send in your legit hdd to SNK at the time and they would update it to Climax for you. There are also some licensed merchants that do this as well such as Coinop.
there was also a full kit of KoFXIII Climax.

Yeah, Climax is hard to find... It was dumped some years ago, and was released on some Chinese and Chilean sites.
highly doubt that. All the dumps i have seen were also the ripped Steam Version.

does anyone have Pictures of the actual CS2 kit ?
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

If I remember correctly, the export CS2 was available in limited numbers from the US distributor, cost over $2k and you had to print your own art.
Memory is a bit hazy mind.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

SuperPang wrote:If I remember correctly, the export CS2 was available in limited numbers from the US distributor, cost over $2k and you had to print your own art.
:lolno:

:awe:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

SuperPang wrote:If I remember correctly, the export CS2 was available in limited numbers from the US distributor, cost over $2k and you had to print your own art.
right, i start to remember. there was something.... thx Joe.

I remember even NCSX offered them for pre-order.