Need some help with Chihiro Type 3 netbooting.

PCB problems and fixes
TheTardis
Please Continue...
Need some help with Chihiro Type 3 netbooting.

Post by TheTardis »

Hi,

I recently got a Chihiro to install in my Naomi uni upright racer cab. It is a type 3 with 1gb of ram. It has 4.0 firmware on the dimm and 13 on the network board. I purchased a pi setup with oiforce tools and a type 3 zero key pic from mitsurugi-w. I can get the board to load up outrun however after about a minute it resets and gives me an error 33. I have checked the settings numerous times and can't see what I'm doing wrong. My ip is set at 192.168.1.2 and gateway at 192.168.1.1. My jumpers are also all set correct. Does anyone have any idea where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance.
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Re: Need some help with Chihiro Type 3 netbooting.

Post by KmanSweden »

If the game loads and boots I'd say you don't have a NetBoot issue.
You need to check fans and voltages. If things reboot it's often due to heat or low/unstable power.

Edit: 33 seems to be related to bootchip. Is it seated properly?
Up the Irons!
DandySephy
Please Continue...
Initials: SEP

Post by DandySephy »

Are you leaving the Pi connected and turned on?
TheTardis
Please Continue...

Post by TheTardis »

Voltages are good. I even tried using an external power supply for the pi in case it was drawing too much power from the I/O with the pi power cable. The unit stays hooked up and powered on.

As far as the pic goes, this is my second one. The first one I bought ended up being for Naomi 1/2 and chihiro type 1 only. I was assured this one would be what I needed for type 3. Is there a pic for netbooting and a pic for cf like Naomi or does one pic handle both jobs on chihiro type 3?

Thanks for all the help so far.
purplec

Post by purplec »

Abc chip instead of 123 chip or the other way around
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Post by KmanSweden »

My chips have all come from the UK. I know of some people who have had issues with Italian (or was it Spanish?) chips.
Also I keep hearing this about the raspberry or laptop having to remain on? This has never been the case for me.
Up the Irons!
DandySephy
Please Continue...
Initials: SEP

Post by DandySephy »

KmanSweden wrote:My chips have all come from the UK. I know of some people who have had issues with Italian (or was it Spanish?) chips.
Also I keep hearing this about the raspberry or laptop having to remain on? This has never been the case for me.
Reset after boot is common behaviour if there is a problem. However there are several sources of the problem, it could be the pic or the Pi. I went through a stage of programming chips several times trying all sort of combinations for Naomi and nothing worked. Then I ditched the "official" piforce build for a custom one someone had made using a different base OS - it worked instantly with a pic that would always reset with PiForce. I'm convinced there were issues with that official build, and it's well known the publicly available code has issues so the two combined would simply cause failures that might not happen with a proper pic.

A properly programmed pic should never reset or give an error as it will be handling the security procedure automatically. The reboot occurs when the security isn't working properly, which will happen with a improperly coded chip if the Pi isn't communicating. Although I've had games reboot as soon as they have run the code and passed the checks.

Personally I got **** off with the whole thing and never got Chihiro working at all and don't have anything that works with Naomi either at the moment after killing a chip that did work.

note: Converted Atomiswave games don't even require a pic
TheTardis
Please Continue...

Post by TheTardis »

There is certainly not a lot of info out there about this. I have quite a bit of money sunk into this and would love to be able to get to play it for more then a minute...hahaha. Im going to link mitsurugi to this thread and see if he can come up with an answer.
MitsurugiW
Please Continue...
eBay: mitsurugi-w
Initials: JBW

Post by MitsurugiW »

Yeah I'm currently at a loss right now also as I can't even get my own setup working with a known working PIC I've used for months. Keep getting an error 26 no matter what. 26 is definitely a PIC issue. I'm trying to figure it out. I don't have a PI but I can't get our SSD kit working either.