JVS-PAC feature requests

Everything Emulator related
invzim
eBay: prrole

JVS-PAC feature requests

Post by invzim »

Going to update the firmware a little as a new batch is about to get ready. I also plan to update the website it's properly synced to software and hardware.

What I have in mind is:
  • ESC by holding 1p down for nn seconds, in addition to the normal 1pstart+2pstart. Great idea requested by Cools
  • layout that doesn't use SHIFT, CTRL or ALT - this has actually been implemented for quite some time. For use by applications that doesn't like those keys
  • Possibly a limited shift-key jumper, in addition to the current one that disables them altogether. Could e.g. only enable coin and exit, and not the other stuff.
Thoughts?
I make and sell cool Arcade stuff, check out https://irkenlabs.com/ - In The Name of Science!
baddy
Please Continue...
eBay: irishfrog89
Initials: CHI

Re: JVS-PAC feature requests

Post by baddy »

Hey!

The one issue I had with the JVS-Pac that have annoyed me is the fact that if the PC USB ports are powered when the PC is off when the JVS IO is powered on again the JVS-Pac has to be rebooted otherwise it is stuck.

Is there any way for a soft reset of the JVS-pac to be implemented when that happens?

I am aware that there are ways to have the USB ports un-powered when the PC is off but believe me it's so annoying to find the right option in various bioses :mad:
invzim

Post by invzim »

It is an annoying thing, but not really common. The technical reson is that because of the way the USB library is put together, I can't initialize the IO board while USB is running. I can possibly make something that resets the whole JVS-PAC (and thus disconnects USB), if the IO board has been missing for more than nn seconds.
I make and sell cool Arcade stuff, check out https://irkenlabs.com/ - In The Name of Science!
Dexa

Post by Dexa »

i´ve got a possible feature request (possible because i dont know if its already implemented :awe: ):
- "coin drop in" should be recognized as input to use it on emulators.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

That's already implemented. http://jvspac.kirurg.org/?page=operation"
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Post by KmanSweden »

I was actually looking at this yesterday. :awe:
I guess the "buy now" button will appear again when you have them in stock?
Up the Irons!
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

I've got a big ol' box of them sat on my desk. As soon as the firmware is sorted I'll flash them all and invzim will open up the order page again. :thumbupright:
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Post by KmanSweden »

:thumbup:
Up the Irons!
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

PS4 compatability? :awe:
Inky
eBay: Technical_medic
Initials: SCH

Post by Inky »

I know this is a long shot but I thought I'd post to see.

The PS3 "PS home" button! I know this has been a problem and I did some research and hoped you might take a look to see if you can get it working.

Belows some talk about getting it working on some devices with some magic 8 bits that need sending but some people ran into problems with slow devices but it does lead to some places where they seemed to get it working in the comments see the URL following this one.

http://www.slashdev.ca/2010/05/25/ps3-g ... me-button/

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showth ... post192480

I really have no idea of the real deep knowledge needed for this IvIePhisto on the DualStrike seems to be the guy who seemed to get around these - I was hoping to try and be helpful is all!

http://forums.obdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5385"

Re: atmega8+V-USB to emulate PS3 joypad

Postby CRP » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:46 pm
In the meantime I have looked a bit at the work done by Mephisto & co (Project Dualstrike). Basically with the patch that they have applied to the usb driver (what this patch actually does is beyond me), they apparently are able to send a 16 byte long hid descriptor in one go. I have tried taking their code and sending longer descriptors, but it won't work. So right now I have adapted the hid descriptor to my needs in order to have all the controls I need, and I barely made it ;)

Basically, according to my limited understanding of the whole issue, in order to get the PS3 to recognize a controller as if it was an official one (which means working PS button and working analog buttons) the following must be satisfied:
1) the hid descriptor must include 13 buttons, one hat switch, 2 analog sticks (2 axes each), 12 analog buttons (these are via the weird custom items at the end of the hid report descriptor)
2) the report must be sent in a single try (ie it is impossible with stock v-usb, which allows max 8 bytes per interrupt; the trick of stacking them will not work, in the sense that by doing so the controller is recognized by the PS3, but the PS button and analog buttons will not work); here mephisto's patch comes into play, since it allows to send up to 16 bytes on interrupt endpoint 3 (can this be extended to more than 16 bytes? I have been unable to do so)
3) the usual magic bytes (0x21, 0x26,...) must be sent via the setup function

In my case, I was able to make a NegCon adapter with the following hid content:
1 byte for left stick axis (wheel)
3 x 2 bits for the remaining three axes (which are unused but must be present)
1 x 4 bits for the hat switch
13 x 1 bits for the digital buttons (button 13 is PS)
1 padding bit ;)
12 x 8 bytes for the analog buttons (the last two are L2 and R2 trigger buttons, mapped to NegCon L and I-II)
Anyway enough of a rant from me...
HAN
Please Continue...
eBay: sega-boy123
Initials: HAN

Post by HAN »

FrancoB wrote:I've got a big ol' box of them sat on my desk. As soon as the firmware is sorted I'll flash them all and invzim will open up the order page again. :thumbupright:
cool, can't wait to order one! getting anxious about getting my first candy (Blast) next month!
Check out my YouTube channel for arcade and console 1cc's and random arcade happenings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Tftw ... 6BsgvFBWoQ
fagin

Post by fagin »

CPS2 wrote:PS4 compatability? :awe:
Following on from this, is there anyway you can alter the firmware, so windows sees this as a PS3 controller?

I have a cronusmax, and if this was detected as a PS3 controller (or any game controller), I think I'll be able to detect and use my PS4 in my cab then. At the moment windows does not see this as a controller.
baddy
Please Continue...

Post by baddy »

Windows by default does not detect DS3 controllers, you have to install drivers and then they will appear. If the drivers work (ds3 tool) then I assume your cronus max will work too.
fagin

Post by fagin »

baddy wrote:Windows by default does not detect DS3 controllers, you have to install drivers and then they will appear. If the drivers work (ds3 tool) then I assume your cronus max will work too.
That didn't work unfortunately. However, with a bit more playing I've finally managed to get the JVS-PAC recognised with the CronusMAX and detected and working with the PS4. :awe: Now able to play the PS4 on the Lindbergh cab. :D
skate323k137
Please Continue...
eBay: quizknows

Post by skate323k137 »

invzim wrote:
  • layout that doesn't use SHIFT, CTRL or ALT - this has actually been implemented for quite some time. For use by applications that doesn't like those keys
I could really use this. Lots of programs open the windows menu when alt+space is pressed. Other than that, really impressed with the jvs-pac. If there is a firmware for this or a way to set it up that I am missing, please let me know.
DrChaos
Please Continue...

Post by DrChaos »

Is it possible to use the JVS-Pac as a Joystick Device? I know that for MAME etc. Keys are pretty much standard, but I was thinking of hooking an MiST to my new Naomi in case I get bored of my Naomi games ;)
baddy
Please Continue...

Post by baddy »

You can flash the ps3 firmware on it.
DrChaos
Please Continue...

Post by DrChaos »

Thanks. I missed that because I am not interested in PS3...
Dache

Post by Dache »

Is there a download link for the latest firmware anywhere?

The downloads page on the main site (http://jvspac.kirurg.org/?page=downloads) lists 0.8 beta from Oct 2012 - is there anything newer than this? The topic suggests so...
invzim

Post by invzim »

yes and no, the one originally planned for the latest batch was pulled because it had issues - new version is basically ready, but haven't put it out for download yet.