Capcom Status 25 restoration

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
copados33
Please Continue...
eBay: psycho-q

Capcom Status 25 restoration

Post by copados33 »

I had these pair of Status cabs for 2 years now, both in really bad shape,..but recently I came across a 3rd one that is in much better shape than the other 2 I already had, so I decided to invest my time and money into this one and sold the other 2.

First, The cash box is bent, it seems that the previous owner tried to open it by force, the problem is that the cash box uses a different key.

REmoved all the original stickers to give the cab a good wash inside and out:

the cp have a cheap blue vinyl to protect it from rust, I plan to get either a NOS one from an arcade operator or a repro:

the wiring is almost original, I replaced the terminals that were missing, disregard the extra wires in the picture, I installed those as a momentary solution since I'm using the cab as my MK cab for now.

Lots of scratches and tiny bits of rust on the speaker box

a quick look in the back shows a missing handle, these seem to be the same handles found on Egret 2 cabinets, but these are black:

I intend to rebuild the entire thing the best I can, problem is pictures this cab is really scarce in the internet, for the moment I need someone to tell what is this thing, I'm talking about that mechanism/pulley in the center:

Next thing to do is take it apart for sandblasting, but first I need to find the rubber that goes on the kick panel, I already asked on local stores but neither of them had the one I'm looking for, or at least a similar one.
Last edited by copados33 on August 26th, 2015, 5:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
capcomguru
Please Continue...

Re: Capcom Status 25

Post by capcomguru »

That looks to be a "coin lockout solenoid". They engage and physically block more coins from being added when a jam is detected. You can run the machine without one for sure.
copados33
Please Continue...

Post by copados33 »

Thanks for your answer, only thing I need now is to locate a mount for the coin mech in order to start to rebuild the coin door, this part here:

Then wait for jase to send me some photos and meassurements.
Santashiva

Post by Santashiva »

Hi

If you want , I ve got a STATUS 25 so i can give you some pictures with the coin mech ?
SNK : The legend will never died

copados33
Please Continue...

Post by copados33 »

I already got the door meassurements from jase, but if you can post yours, including some photos of the door... and the coin mech innards, it would be of great help :awe: .
Santashiva

Post by Santashiva »

ImageImage

Tell me if you need something else ;)
SNK : The legend will never died

copados33
Please Continue...

Post by copados33 »

Awesome, thank you, can you take some photos of the coin reject button? is it a standard one?. now I see that the innards of the 25 is in fact a bit different than the Status 18.
copados33
Please Continue...

Post by copados33 »

Got the monitor refurbished, a zero burn-in 25" Toshiba tube:

copados33
Please Continue...

Post by copados33 »

I'm in the process of restoring/supplying all the screws and bolts , can anyone please tell me what kind of screw is the one on the left side of the picture? they are bit bigger than the ones found in Sega cabs control panels, (the one in the right), these are for securing the metal bars where the monitor frame goes mounted, where can I find these bolts?

copados33
Please Continue...

Re: Capcom Status 25 restoration

Post by copados33 »

Found the coin Slot, thank you James :awe: