The IGS PGM thread

Coin-operated games and arcades.
cthulhu
eBay: cthulhu_nl
Initials: RIP

Re: The IGS PGM thread

Post by cthulhu »

Paulie wrote:
cthulhu wrote:Reminds me to buy more PGM games.
:awe:
Now you guys have done it! You made me order more PGM games!
I've just ordered Oriental Legend 2 with PGM 2 mobo, cards and cardreader and Martial Masters...can't wait to play them, I always wanted to play Oriental Legend 2.
My Arcade games

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
Santashiva

Post by Santashiva »

cthulhu wrote:I've just ordered Oriental Legend 2 with PGM 2 mobo, cards and cardreader and Martial Masters...can't wait to play them, I always wanted to play Oriental Legend 2.
PGM 1 and 2 are awesome

For pgm 2, I ve got KOV 2/3 and oriental legend 2 and oriental legend 2 is my favorite 8-)
SNK : The legend will never died

Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

cthulhu wrote:
Paulie wrote:
I've just ordered Oriental Legend 2 with PGM 2 mobo, cards and cardreader and Martial Masters...can't wait to play them, I always wanted to play Oriental Legend 2.
:awe: :thumbup:
Santashiva wrote:For pgm 2, I ve got KOV 2/3 and oriental legend 2 and oriental legend 2 is my favorite 8-)
Snap :)

Just added pictures of my PGM2 bits and a games list to the 1st post.
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

Even though I don't have much PGM art I thought I'd share some photos of what I do have :)

PGM1 and PGM2 manuals, the two PGM 2 manuals have different contents even though the cover is the same, one is a photocopy

PGM1 Demon Front cardboard POP

PGM1 Move strip stickers T-B
KOV 2
KOV
Demon Front
Photo Y2k
Dragon World Pretty Chance
Dragon World Pretty Chance

PGM1 Move strip stickers T-B
Dragon World 3 Special
KOV
KOV
KOV 2
KOV 2 Nine Dragons
KOV 2

PGM1 Move sheets L-R & T-B
KOV
KOV
Dragon World 3 Special
Dragon World 2001

PGM1 operator settings sheets L-R & T-B
Demon Front
Dragon World 3 Special
Beestorm (Copy)
KOV
KOV

PGM1 copied Beestorm art

PGM2 move strip stickers T-B
Oriental Legends 2
KOV 3 (1) - this is made out of a really weird plastic like material
KOV 3 (2) - same material as above

PGM2 Oriental Legends 2 poster

PGM2 KOV2 poster

PGM2 KOV 3 poster this is the same weird plastic like material as the move strips
Last edited by Paulie on January 18th, 2015, 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jase

Post by jase »

Igs Pgm arts and instruction sheets seem pretty hard to come by. The Demon Front art is particularly awesome. :awe:

Nice collection. 8-)
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

My theory for the use of weird plastic material on the poster is that it will last longer in hot, humid and rainy locations when displayed outdoors. It'll stand out next to faded posters that way. :)
Emulation's nice when done well
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

That Demon Front POP is awesome!

By the way, do you have the Bee Storm stuff scaned? Can you share?

I only own an original PGM motherboard instruction booklet, i can post a foto or scan and share it if anyone is interested.
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

jase wrote:Igs Pgm arts and instruction sheets seem pretty hard to come by. The Demon Front art is particularly awesome. :awe:

Nice collection. 8-)
Cheers Jase, A few of the bits came bundled with carts, I got the DF POP from Pang and I picked up the rest of the bits here and there for a couple of pounds each in fact postage probably cost more than it did do to buy them. Condition ranges from mint to really quite crappy, a couple of the moves strips are laminated too, but I always like to pick PGM art up whenever I see it for sale :)

Yes for some reason most PGM seems to be available cart only, other than from Japanese sellers, mostly arcade tower who does bundle some art with the carts. Kits seem to be fairly thin on the ground and really expensive when I've seen them on ebay but they don't seem to sell, presumably because PGM collecting is a minuscule area of a niche hobby although recently a Bee storm kit sold on ebay $660 inc postage :-o Fortunately that was the exception to the rule. I don't think the arts or instruction sheets have much value, like I said I've never paid a lot for them so if you find it for sale they shouldn't cost too much.

Yes the Demon front POP is ace, there's really nice Beestorm and SvG POP's too. SvG kits were really cheap dunno what they go for now and I always ment to pick one up just for the POP and art set :oops:
TheRedKnight wrote:My theory for the use of weird plastic material on the poster is that it will last longer in hot, humid and rainy locations when displayed outdoors. It'll stand out next to faded posters that way. :)
That would make a lot of sense, I think it has a sticky side too looks like a clear film the you would peel off to reveal the adhesive, or it could just be dropping to bits :palm:
RMRM wrote:By the way, do you have the Bee Storm stuff scaned? Can you share?
It's only a photocopy but I'll gladly scan it for you when I'm back at work :)
Santashiva

Post by Santashiva »

Anyone have tried the English version of Oriental legend 2 ( PCB version of PGM2 ) ?

Paulie

Post by Paulie »

I particularly like IGS' suggested carefree installation method for the card reader found in one of my PGM2 manuals, cab lovers look away now.

Remove the lower billboard i.e the perspex that sits in between the speakers then take a drill and turn it into Swiss cheese :palm: (Looks to be an OK Baby cab)

Then bolt on the card reader and re-assemble :awe:
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

Santashiva wrote:Anyone have tried the English version of Oriental legend 2 ( PCB version of PGM2 ) ?
I would be interesting in hearing if anyone has tried this too, I think I've only seen this 1 photo of the single PGM2 boards.
cthulhu

Post by cthulhu »

Elegant way to mount the cart reader isn't it? I've had that manual as well and I found it really amusing.
My Arcade games

Santashiva

Post by Santashiva »

Paulie wrote:
I would be interesting in hearing if anyone has tried this too, I think I've only seen this 1 photo of the single PGM2 boards.
According with your picture and this flyer:

It's not possible to plug the cart reader on a single board, so it s very embarrassing to play OL2 without saving your level.

May be it s possible with passwords ?

Paulie

Post by Paulie »

I've read before that the Japanese version of OL2 didn't allow the use of the card reader, but for some reason I always just assumed that the Japanese version was the cart and motherboard combo and not a single PCB. Maybe the Japanese release was single PCB only.

Now I'm wondering if it's just that English is selectable on the JPN single PCB rather than there being an actual English or 'Other territory' board also available :think:

Also I've added some official IGS links to the first post
Official IGS Websites
Beestorm (Chinese) http://www.igs.com.tw/chinese/product/bee/"
KOV 2 (Chinese) http://www.igs.com.tw/chinese/product/s ... eGameVideo"
KOV 2 some links including English are broken http://sg2legend.igsgame.com/?BID=sg2le ... eGameVideo"
SvG (English) http://www.igs.com.tw/english/product/s ... eGameVideo"
The Gladiator (English) http://www.igs.com.tw/english/product/e ... eGameVideo"
Oriental Legend 2 (English) http://www.igs.com.tw/product/orlegend2 ... eGameVideo"
KOV3 HD (Taiwanese) http://www.igs.com.tw/product/act/?IGS"
cthulhu

Post by cthulhu »

What games are included in the Happy 6-in-1 and the blazing 3-in-one? I can't find anything on these carts...I only know that the Happy 6-in-1 has some kind of cooking game included.
My Arcade games

vasilas432
eBay: katzurak

Post by vasilas432 »

I have ordered PGM 2 with Oriental Legend 2 with 2 card readers and cards. There are some strange plastic figures for keys also in the pack.
I haven't received it yet though.
I hope it is a good game as it is a little bit expensive.
Can anybody confirm if it is as good as Nine Dragons or better?
vasilas432

Post by vasilas432 »

cthulhu wrote:
Paulie wrote:
Martial Masters's backgrounds are not so good :(
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

cthulhu wrote:What games are included in the Happy 6-in-1 and the blazing 3-in-one? I can't find anything on these carts...I only know that the Happy 6-in-1 has some kind of cooking game included.
I don't know what the games are called as all of the in game titles are in Chinese but I can tell you what type of games are on the cart :)

Blazing 3 in 1
I guess it should be called 4 in 1 as unless I'm missing something there are actually 4 games on the cart.
1. Spot the difference type game. Another Real & Fake / Photo Y2K game. This is fun and perfectly playable.
2, 3 & 4. Three playing card games. I don't play cards so I've honestly no idea what the games are. The cards suits are Diamond, Clubs, Hearts and Spades so they could be possibly games that people would know here in the West but don't quote me on that.

Happy 6 in 1
1. Text based quiz game - All of the text is in Chinese, so if you can't read Chinese then you can't play this. It's called something PLUS, that's the only bit that's in English.
2. Cooking game - This is a fun curio but really hit and miss. The premise is that you need to assemble a dish from the ingredients shown on screen, but there are a few problems. Firstly all the dishes are, I'm assuming all Chinese but the photo's of the dishes are not always that distinguishable and as I'm not a chef I don't really know what most of the dishes and some of the ingredients are. Under each ingredient is text which will tell you what it is, but you've guessed it, all the text is Chinese. Ultimately it's all just a bit of a guessing game really.
3. Tile game. Another China Dragon/ Dragon world game. This is fun and perfectly playable.
4, 5 & 6. Three playing card games. To my untrained eye they look to be the same games as what's on the Blazing 3 in 1 cart, but I assume they are probably slightly different.
vasilas432 wrote:I have ordered PGM 2 with Oriental Legend 2 with 2 card readers and cards. There are some strange plastic figures for keys also in the pack.

Can anybody confirm if it is as good as Nine Dragons or better?
Nice, the plastic figure key chains are really cool 8-)

Obviously it's very different to KOV ND, but OL2 is a really fun game and it's big too.
Last edited by Paulie on January 5th, 2015, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Santashiva

Post by Santashiva »

vasilas432 wrote:I have ordered PGM 2 with Oriental Legende 2. There are some strange plastic figures for keys also in the pack.
The keychain are very great 8-)
They are present in the full kit OL2

http://pgm2.unblog.fr/category/oriental-legend-2/"

vasilas432

Post by vasilas432 »

Santashiva wrote:
vasilas432 wrote:I have ordered PGM 2 with Oriental Legende 2. There are some strange plastic figures for keys also in the pack.
The keychain are very great 8-)
They are present in the full kit OL2

http://pgm2.unblog.fr/category/oriental-legend-2/"
Yes I ordered the full kit.