19XX vs Sonic Wings 3

Coin-operated games and arcades.
vasilas432
eBay: katzurak

19XX vs Sonic Wings 3

Post by vasilas432 »

Which do you think guys is a better all around game. I own Sonic a Wings 3 on AES and I would give it a 8,5 out of 10. Have never played capcom's 19xx though.
Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Re: 19XX vs Sonic Wings 3

Post by Chempop »

19XX is pretty sweet, it’s one of the dozen shmup PCBs I felt the need to own. Aero Fighters series is fun but I’ve only played part 2 and “Sonic Wings Special” (Sega Saturn).

Overall I’m more of a CAVE & Raizing kinda guy, but I do appreciate several of the older Toaplan, Seibu, Capcom, and Konami now and again.
vasilas432

Post by vasilas432 »

Chempop wrote:19XX is pretty sweet, it’s one of the dozen shmup PCBs I felt the need to own. Aero Fighters series is fun but I’ve only played part 2 and “Sonic Wings Special” (Sega Saturn).

Overall I’m more of a CAVE & Raizing kinda guy, but I do appreciate several of the older Toaplan, Seibu, Capcom, and Konami now and again.
Aero Fighters 2 & 3 are very similar.
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

Sonic Wings 2 < Sonic Wings 3 < Strikers 1945 <1944 Loopmaster < Strikers 1999 < 19XX < Strikers 1945 II < Strikers 1945 Plus :awe:
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

CTN wrote:Sonic Wings 2 < Sonic Wings 3 < Strikers 1945 <1944 Loopmaster < Strikers 1999 < 19XX < Strikers 1945 II < Strikers 1945 Plus :awe:
^^This.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Am i reading this wrong or do you seriously think Strikers 1945+ (we're talking the neo geo game right?) is beter than 19xx / 1944, Strikers (any) ?

Having said that; taste is very subjective so i'd suggest the TS to just play them both in an emulator and see what he thinks.
CTN

Post by CTN »

arcnl wrote:Am i reading this wrong or do you seriously think Strikers 1945+ (we're talking the neo geo game right?) is beter than 19xx / 1944, Strikers (any) ?

Having said that; taste is very subjective so i'd suggest the TS to just play them both in an emulator and see what he thinks.
No. It has the second most technical gameplay and combines Strikers 1999 with 1945 II sans the technical bonus, which I don't like that much. !9XX has the nicest graphics but it's gameplay is a little bland. Loopmaster is just too wide, and the Sonic Wings games are just lacking.

So, between all the Strikers and Sonic Wings titles it's 1945+ I return to the most. It's the most energetic. 19XX is beautiful to look at but lacks the depth.

... but in the end it's Dragon Blaze which has the most refined gameplay of them all.
Chempop
Please Continue...

Post by Chempop »

Hmm, I’ve recently given PLUS more play time, and while I enjoy the bullet hell-ish take on the strikers formula, it doesn’t have that special psikyo feel and completely lacks the fast intense patterns that I grown to expect and cherish :cry: in my psikyo games. Plus the pre-rendered boss graphics look crap compared to the Aero Fighters series and first Strikers game (best sprite art in the series right there).
CTN

Post by CTN »

Chempop wrote:Hmm, I’ve recently given PLUS more play time, and while I enjoy the bullet hell-ish take on the strikers formula, it doesn’t have that special psikyo feel and completely lacks the fast intense patterns that I grown to expect and cherish :cry: in my psikyo games. Plus the pre-rendered boss graphics look crap compared to the Aero Fighters series and first Strikers game (best sprite art in the series right there).
Easy the first one is the only one based purely on sprites. For the Psikyo feel just wait till stage 6 for fast patterns. The pre-rendered bosses are a matter of taste and are something you have to accept for all things Psikyo Strikers 1945II onwards. Aero Fighters is so basic compared to these it's hard to believe these games are only separated by four years. But when it comes to sprite art i prefer Sengoku Ace.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

I havent put much time in s1945+ because i think the horizontal tate thing is very off-puting. Makes the graphics look ugly and a huge waste of screen realestate.
vasilas432

Post by vasilas432 »

arcnl wrote:I havent put much time in s1945+ because i think the horizontal tate thing is very off-puting. Makes the graphics look ugly and a huge waste of screen realestate.
This is true.
TMallu

Post by TMallu »

CTN wrote:Sonic Wings 2 < Sonic Wings 3 < Strikers 1945 <1944 Loopmaster < Strikers 1999 < 19XX < Strikers 1945 II < Strikers 1945 Plus :awe:
So, where do you put Sonic Wings Special in this? :eh: (Never played it...)
Chempop
Please Continue...

Post by Chempop »

Sonic Wings Special (saturn only) is pretty darn good, and TATE :D It’s basically a super long version of Sonic Wing Limited (arcade only) with elements from earlier games added, that’s my understanding anyway. I got to the final stage a handful of times but never got the 1CC :(
CTN

Post by CTN »

Chempop wrote:Sonic Wings Special (saturn only) is pretty darn good, and TATE :D It’s basically a super long version of Sonic Wing Limited (arcade only) with elements from earlier games added, that’s my understanding anyway. I got to the final stage a handful of times but never got the 1CC :(
There is a version for Playstation as well.