Maximum Tune 2 Cab - Can Play Triforce games?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
kevin2me
eBay: kevin2me2

Maximum Tune 2 Cab - Can Play Triforce games?

Post by kevin2me »

Hey All,

Been on lookout Single Driving Chihiro Cab lately, Id love hacked Cab with PS3 support,
been looking at all Outrun2 threads from Vibribbon,sprecte and Outrun2... they are stunning.
So first if anyone selling InitialD Cab with dash for outrun, count me in as impossible le get in ireland :)

But got offered Maximum Tune 2 Cab today, Its looks like upgrade from Max Tune v1 cab.
Was a Twin and Card reader needs some work. and No Marquee Topper.
I think its just 31K and fresh sides been put on and need decide this week.

Thing is I cant find **** all on them, any chance for help or advice my buds :)
I know Max Tune can run in Sega Drivers as its Chihiro but no FBB and not other way around Namco IO.
I think I Read while back each Namco game needs diff drive board?

But what about Triforce Type with NetDimm, could plug and play, FZero, Mario GP 1 & 2?
Any chance for Outrun2\Crazy Taxi\Initial 2. Looks like its non starter so far from what i can find.
This is it and pic I found off net. Closest match.
ImageImage

KNOWN SEGA CHIHIRO GAME LIST
Crazy Taxi High Roller
Outrun 2
Outrun 2 SP
Wangan Midnight : Maxi Boost / Wangan Midnight : Maximum Tune
Wangan Midnight : Maxi Boost 2 / Wangan Midnight : Maximum Tune 2
Wangan Midnight : Maxi Boost 2 Ver.B / Wangan Midnight : Maximum Tune 2 Ver.B

KNOWN SEGA TRIFORCE GAME LIST
F-Zero AX (needs 8 way wheel)
F-Zero AX Monster Ride
Mario Kart Arcade GP
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2
11 Cabs Arcade Room: 1 Vewlix, 2 AWSDs, 2 NNC, 1 Astro, 1 Naomi gun cab, 1 Taito Cocktail, Initial D/Outrun2SP and Sega Rally Twin.
outrun2
eBay: thefonzzz
Initials: GAZ

Re: Maximum Tune 2 Cab - Can Play Triforce games?

Post by outrun2 »

I'm not sure to be honest mate- don't have much knowledge of Namco cabs and not a fan of any of the Triforce games so never tried them in my cabs. Andy will no doubt have the right answers for you though.

Like you say it's normally the other way around- I play WMMT2 in my Sega drivers in auto with no ffb. Not the same without ffb probably but it's a nice change :)

I wonder if you could replace the i/o board with Sega type to get Chihiro and Naomi games running in there? Must be possible but I remember Andy saying Namco use different connectors. I guess anything's possible but just depends on price and how much work you want to do. You'd have a shifter issue too as the Sega games use sequential type whereas Wangan uses 6 speed gate shifter..

I know of a twin initialD for sale at the moment and an F355 dash just waiting to be dropped into the cab but don't know what shipping would be like to Ireland. Worth a shot particularly if there's anyone else over there looking for a single Sega driver..

If you want to go the Namco route I have some NOS artwork for this cab! ;) :lol:
Wanted:
Sega Model 3 Emergency Call Ambulance ROM board or complete Step 2 boardset.
kevin2me

Post by kevin2me »

outrun2 wrote: I know of a twin initialD for sale at the moment and an F355 dash just waiting to be dropped into the cab but don't know what shipping would be like to Ireland. Worth a shot particularly if there's anyone else over there looking for a single Sega driver..
Thanks Outrun2, TBH it all your fault, the amount of times ive read over your gamesroom threads,
They are a thing of beauty mate, just love them, I wish i had room to do same, and funds :)

Might PM me about Twin above as found belfast Courier taht does runs to UK, does seller have F355 dash too?
I just dont have room for big project this year. So plug and play is what im after as awful at wiring.

Now on the QT I do know of outrun2 twin near me thats never been in arcade, only home use.
Owner bought it in boom directly from Sega UK, Its Outrun 2 DX Twin, but looking at it Id say its non SP version?
But still could get 2 Chihiro Type 3 Netdimms easily enough.

How much u think its worth? Would it be so much easier than Hacking initial Ds etc.
He has it since 2006 new so probably ready to part with it, he wants 4000e but think max I cud even consider is 2000e?
ImageImageImage

I do have Sega Rally Twin, and it never gets old :)
But P1 one needs FBB fixed nosiy and doesnt work, Shifter\Accel fixed and Screen no red. It does work though.
Sometimes tempted to try get Model3 dash into it but i dont want to butcher it.
11 Cabs Arcade Room: 1 Vewlix, 2 AWSDs, 2 NNC, 1 Astro, 1 Naomi gun cab, 1 Taito Cocktail, Initial D/Outrun2SP and Sega Rally Twin.
boergi
Please Continue...
eBay: boergi_x

Post by boergi »

u can play mario kart with fbb in the max tune cab.
no f-zero as it's missing some of the analog controls.
outrun2

Post by outrun2 »

kevin2me wrote: ..
Thanks Outrun2, TBH it all your fault, the amount of times ive read over your gamesroom threads,
They are a thing of beauty mate, just love them, I wish i had room to do same, and funds :)
Oops, sorry! But thanks for the compliment :oops:

I know how you feel - I used to look at all of Andy's amazing posts in awe a few years ago when he was creating one cracking OutRun2 cab after another 8-) I didn't have the space at the time for such wonders but once I moved into my current house (with decent sized garage) I soon made up for lost time! :lol:
kevin2me wrote: ..
ImageImageImage
That twin looks pretty tidy but difficult to say from these pics. It's obviously had some refurb work done on it as the seat back stickers have been cut down and the one side panel sticker is missing completely. I'd be checking if all the other stickers are original before making any offers as I've seen loads of these cabs refurbed with low quality artwork. I guess in 2006 original artwork was still available but still worth checking if you're thinking of spending big!

I would say this is a standard UK OutRun2 twin (running OutRun2, not SP). Easy enough to upgrade to SP - just need the software as it should have type 3 Chihiros in there already. I would agree 4000 euros is too much these days - I can understand him wanting that kind of money if he paid new or nearly new prices, but I don't think big money is realistic these days. If you could get it for 2000 euros you'd have a bargain even if it did have second rate artwork!
Wanted:
kevin2me

Post by kevin2me »

outrun2 wrote:
I would say this is a standard UK OutRun2 twin (running OutRun2, not SP). Easy enough to upgrade to SP - just need the software as it should have type 3 Chihiros in there already. I would agree 4000 euros is too much these days - I can understand him wanting that kind of money if he paid new or nearly new prices, but I don't think big money is realistic these days. If you could get it for 2000 euros you'd have a bargain even if it did have second rate artwork!
Thanks Outrun2

Yes it does look Tidy bar Seat Artwork and looks like Sides probably missing Artwork too.
Not big deal for me, Id be happy to get some Repo SP Artwork though if it was mine.
So I presume no difference at all bar cosmetics for Outrun2 and SP twins.

I might give him a call and arrange a Viewing cant hurt 
I mad to be even considering this, I just got 3 cabs upstairs to reclaim my house downstairs 
Would I Twin Cabs hold fine in Modern SemiD upstairs? (Outrun2 and Sega Raly Twins) and 3 Naomis 

Anything to look out for, If Chihiro GDRom or Carts, TriSynch Monitors or 31K?
Fact that Outrun2 with work done does make worth a little less that SP2 I hope.

Thanks I think Namco looks doubtful as its expensive still
but ya Maro Kart 1(maybe 2) should work without hacking at it?
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

monitors in all of those cabs will be only 31k,
only difference is a software upgrade between or2 and or2sp rest is just decals

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

also or2 is meh compared to ID :awe: :lol:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
kevin2me

Post by kevin2me »

geotrig wrote:also or2 is meh compared to ID :awe: :lol:
Ive never played ID ,my brother will disown me as
he goes Japan few times a year drifting in mecca of driving courses up there :)

So another good one for ID fans, ID -> Outrun people put in Model 3 Dashes as ID Rotation makes Outrun 2 crap?
But what about other way around, does IDs handle nice in Outrun 2 Cab?
And is it possible to add on Card Reader and if so is it worth it?

On a Plus I bought Outrun 2006 SP for PSP for 6e today, much cheaper and smaller footprint :) haha
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

geotrig wrote:also or2 is meh compared to ID :awe: :lol:
ID is meh compared to maximum tune. :awe:
Say hello to my little friend...
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Post by KmanSweden »

What he said. :pointup: :awe:
Up the Irons!
outrun2

Post by outrun2 »

It's all rubbish compared to original OutRun 8-)
Wanted:
kevin2me

Post by kevin2me »

all is meh compared to Pole Position on Amiga... wait only messing :)

I may have another Idea, I went playing Daytona 2 at lunch at its brilliant, plus its model 3 dash,
It this easy to get Noami I/O Boards into and switch between the 2 if had trisynch screen put in?
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

they would have two totally different wiring looms

geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

kevin2me wrote:
outrun2 wrote:
how ridic is that price though ?yes i think its over priced but single or2 are selling for £1k ath mo .... twin circa what 1800 (twin price is a guess) ? probably once you factor in shipping and conv from gbp to eur its prob gonna hit close to 3 k eurs for a twin

kevin2me

Post by kevin2me »

geotrig wrote: how ridic is that price though ?yes i think its over priced but single or2 are selling for £1k ath mo .... twin circa what 1800 (twin price is a guess) ? probably once you factor in shipping and conv from gbp to eur its prob gonna hit close to 3 k eurs for a twin
He might get 4000e off someone actually putting these out to make profit,
but for home user I think he over charging, especially Irish Market,
UK ya as so many of ye on here, but probably only 20-30 or us in whole country collecting at home here.
Ireland so small you got ask a girl if yere related before making moves on her :)

But ya I think this lad prob made his big bucks in Building boom in ireland in 00's,
he said bought Outrun Twin for prob 12k direct from Sega and now 8 years on bored with it and looking to sell up and get some cash.
Id say he reluctant to sell for less 4k just coz he sent so much on thing.

But like any good car or 2 in this case, depreciation surely by good and he might setting for 2000e :)
I think fair on both sides to thb. I might been offered free Daytona 2 though, waiting on ower say yeah or nay.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Ireland so small you got ask a girl if yere related before making moves on her
anything you want to tell us about. ;)
i would hazard a guess at maybe higher collecting here ,but get your point.nice score if you nab a daytona2 for free