Ikaruga on Steam 19FEB2014!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
Phexe
Please Continue...

Ikaruga on Steam 19FEB2014!

Post by Phexe »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know Ikaruga comes out on Steam in a few days!

Link - http://store.steampowered.com/app/253750/

Seems to even include a VERT mode, interesting to see how well it runs and how faithful it is.

2 Players game (Local) and
Double Play Mode: You can play 2 Players game with one controller.
5 levels. Tactical level design and boss battles.
3 difficulty levels: EASY, NORMAL, HARD.
Change your tactics depending on the difficulty.
2 Game modes: ARCADE, PROTOTYPE (not hidden).
Replay data save is available.
You can also download them from the Leaderboards.
Vertical screen mode support.
You can also play the game like a side-scrolling shooter by rotating only the game screen.
Xbox360 controller, Keyboard and Mouse support.

Even has Trading cards :D
Kresna
Please Continue...
Re: Ikaruga on Steam 19FEB2014!

Post by Kresna »

The biggest feature I'll be missing is Shinra, walking towards Ikaruga when selecting difficulty.

http://www.treasure-inc.co.jp/SteamIkarugaPre.html (The very last sentence on the page in the smallest font)

Ah well, at least I can play on Dreamcast. They'll still be taking my money though!
Phexe
Please Continue...

Post by Phexe »

Kresna wrote:The biggest feature I'll be missing is Shinra, walking towards Ikaruga when selecting difficulty.

http://www.treasure-inc.co.jp/SteamIkarugaPre.html (The very last sentence on the page in the smallest font)

Ah well, at least I can play on Dreamcast. They'll still be taking my money though!
Wow that's odd, I like that. Any speculation why it would be removed?

What I would like to see is Steam Workshop Replay support!
Kresna
Please Continue...

Post by Kresna »

Phexe wrote:Wow that's odd, I like that. Any speculation why it would be removed?

What I would like to see is Steam Workshop Replay support!
It's because it's a port of the Xbox Live Arcade version, which has that scene removed. Is a shame though, sometimes I let the timer run out while selecting difficulty because it's so badass.
Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Sorry for my ignorance. I know nothing about steam.

When its released, can I but it and intsall on a PC? How much do games cost?
Kresna
Please Continue...

Post by Kresna »

Hitesh wrote:Sorry for my ignorance. I know nothing about steam.

When its released, can I but it and intsall on a PC? How much do games cost?
Steam is a Digital Distribution system created by Valve for PCs.

The way you would buy and play the game is by downloading the Steam Client, creating an account and purchasing the game from its store page like most digital stores. To play, you run the steam client and select the game. It's important to know that when you buy from Steam it does have DRM. You can only play the game from steam and you only purchase a license to play it -- you don't own the game.

I don't know of anything recent regarding price but a while ago Treasure said they would aim for a $9.99 price point, though we'll have to wait a couple of days to be certain.

https://twitter.com/TreasureCoLtd/statu ... 9694320640"
Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

So am I right in saying that these games ARE not suitable for a Standalone PC Based Arcade Cabinet (No network / internet)
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Put steam in offline mode. Go to steampowered.com and try it out, there is some free stuff and demos on there i think.

disclaimer: im not a fan of drm, digital purchases and steam. I only use it where necessary, in this case left4dead and orange box.
Phexe
Please Continue...

Post by Phexe »

Hitesh wrote:So am I right in saying that these games ARE not suitable for a Standalone PC Based Arcade Cabinet (No network / internet)
They are fine for a standalone! All you need is to login once, then turn Steam to offline mode, then thats it!

As to the Renting a license rather than owning a game, anytime you've ever bought a game it's the exact same thing. You NEVER own a game, even physical copies aren't YOURS!

Steam is awesome because it removes the need for finding disc's and/or scratches! Case in point, I was in another state sans my PC, and I could log in and download Super Street Fighter IV AE, and play.
mission65
Please Continue...

Post by mission65 »

I was very dubious of steam, but I love it now, no need to have physical copies and only download the games you are currently playing
Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Not going to work for me. My Mame PCin Arcade Cabinet is stripped down. Does not have Network Card so cannot get online.

Will have to stick to DC Ikaruga....
Phexe
Please Continue...

Post by Phexe »

Hitesh wrote:Not going to work for me. My Mame PCin Arcade Cabinet is stripped down. Does not have Network Card so cannot get online.

Will have to stick to DC Ikaruga....
You only need to plug in a network card (USB) wifi or eth, verify then offline, DONE!