NANAO MS-2930 31Khz Horizontal Width Problem

For monitor related issues
Phexe
Please Continue...

NANAO MS-2930 31Khz Horizontal Width Problem

Post by Phexe »

Hey guys,

My MS2930 in 15khz is great, but when I put it into 31khz mode, I can't get the 'width' to fill the screen. The height is fine, and i can make it really big or small but the horizontal stretch is really limited. Here's the maximum Horizontal stretch i can get;

It's sort of mucks up the lightgun games, because even with calibration i can shoot around the middle of the screen, if i go even a bit to the left or right it reloads. And with fighter's it feels 'squashed'.

Any help is MUCH appreciated!
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: NANAO MS-2930 31Khz Horizontal Width Problem

Post by grantspain »

not 100% sure but i think there is a HS limit pot on the main chassis you can use
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Most probably, or a jumper. Have a look for SPC (pin cushion) while you're there to straighten those edges a bit.
Phexe
Please Continue...

Post by Phexe »

Cheers guys, I adjusted the Horizontal limit on the chassis I can get it to be about 99% width which is good enough. I also adjusted the SPC pot and got the pin cushion all straight.

Thanks all :)
urbanledge
Please Continue...

Post by urbanledge »

Hay Phexe

Is this what you adjusted?
Im going to give this a shot later and see if it fixes my side compression problems.Altho Ive got the opposite problem.Shrinking on side portions.

Phexe
Please Continue...

Post by Phexe »

hey urbanledge,

I tried that but that jumper is only for 15khz, it does nothing for 24 or 31khz.

IIRC, if you look on that same manual there are like 6 Pots in a row on the right hand side of the Chassis, labeled as 15/24/31 *something*. I adjusted the 31 Khz one and it seems to help a bit, it atleast made the image 99% of the screen rather than the 80% i was facing.