I'm currently playing:

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Re: Tonight I'm playing:

Post by FrancoB »

cools wrote:Think I'll do a few Mario Galaxies.
Awesome game. I so need to play back though both of them.

I did start playing through the whole Mario series but I'm stuck on SMB1 on SMAS+W :oops:

Would love to play both Galaxys again though.

Playing SM3DW again at the moment. I've 5* it once but it's so much fun I need to go through it again.

I do need to restart Mario Sticker Star. I started playing it at Xmas but I ended up stopping playing it and I need to retstart it really.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Smas+w? :oops:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

If you were to play SMB1, how might you play it apart from on the NES? :think:
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

:palm: im a tard forgot about the nes games

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

kernow wrote:It's been rereleased about 100 times on various Nintendo hardware.
You've been rereleased about 100 times on various Nintendo hardware, McDork :problem:

Sorry, I got my retro acroymn all wrong. I guess it should be SMASPSWM :problem:
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

SMASPSMW loser! :problem:

I have a huge backlog of Nintendo games. Still only played a couple of levels of Galaxy 2 and one world of 3D Land. :-( Both incredible games though. I feel unworthy of my club nintendo pants.
geotrig wrote:Lol :wtf: I don't think I'll ever get that far in it ..but it has one of my favourite starts to a game ever
crunchywasp wrote:How are you liking it? It's one of my favourites but it's been years since I last played it :(
It's amazing. I haven't played many turn based RPGs but the comedy in the battle commentary is actually laugh out loud funny. The script is just amazing. There's a recent interview with the English translator I must get round to reading.

The storyline is also hilarious. Really edgy parallels presented in Nintendo gloss give it a unique satire. The messages are actually quite powerful. For example there's "Happy Happy Village" full of a large cult of what looks like the Blue Klux Klan. They wear blue shrouds and paint everything blue, in pursuit of purity. A comment on the pointless stupidity of racism, but in the most cute, friendly, Nintendo-esque way. There's nothing else like it.

Geotrig, to be honest we haven't put that much time in. In a couple of hours you're already fairly deep into the game. It's well worth it.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Do you got a link to that interview?
When I did play it I didn't get very far either tbh same with secret of evermore and man's :oops: I think the way I try and play these I make them over complicated in my head

FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

pubjoe wrote:SMASPSMW loser! :problem:

I have a huge backlog of Nintendo games. Still only played a couple of levels Galaxy 2 and one world of 3D Land. :-( Both incredible games though.
I'm such a Nintendunce :palm:

There's many a Nintendo game I haven't played. I never had a NES or Gamecube and I only got a SNES and N64 recently. I played a bit of one of the Zelda games on the DS but that was the only exposure I got until I started playing OoT on the 3DS, I don't think I've ever played a game so much in four or so days, I'm sad to say I didn't finish it though :oops:

Once I get my GCW Zero (which finally shipped a couple of days ago) I would like to play though a lot of the Zelda series too.

Has your shipped yet Joe?
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Seems he's done a couple...

The Man who wrote Earthbound (Kotaku)
&
Octopi! Spinal Tap! How Cult RPG EarthBound Came to America (Wired)

I won't read them now as they contain too many spoilers. I've read some highlights at Nintendolife though...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/0 ... giant_step"
&
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/0 ... r_the_west"

---
geotrig wrote:When I did play it I didn't get very far either tbh same with secret of evermore and man's :oops: I think the way I try and play these I make them over complicated in my head
I know what you mean Geotrig about making games too complicated for yourself. Where I want to check everything, my Son will just run into the game and it's a better experience for it.

Secret of "Mans" :fastlove: was great (I got over three quarters through this and then lent it to my mate :problem: ). Evermore, I couldn't summon the patience for. There's tons of great SNES RPGs to play before you die, but again I'd say Earthbound's worth a little extra persistence due to it's uniqueness.
FrancoB wrote:Has your shipped yet Joe?
**** knows. :-|
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Just had the Mr Saturn coffee break. :awe:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Did about 8 levels I think. It's not quite perfect - camera issues sometimes, but it's 3D and what game doesn't have these? - however it's a load of fun to play. Unnoticeable streaming loading doesn't get old.
joeblade
You're looking good Tim

Post by joeblade »

Well last night now but Thunderforce V...
For gods sake, its a carton box - not the holy grail!
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

pubjoe wrote:Just had the Mr Saturn coffee break. :awe:
:awe: the wee Mr Saturns are great :whoopsie:

Glad you're enjoying Earthbound - it's a real treat of a game and there's nothing else quite like it. I really need to play it again soon.
pulstar

Post by pulstar »

crunchywasp wrote:

Glad you're enjoying Earthbound - it's a real treat of a game and there's nothing else quite like it. I really need to play it again soon.
Mother 3 is pretty good as well...possibly better than Earthbound *ducks* :D You should give the translated version a go if you can.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

pulstar wrote:
crunchywasp wrote:

Mother 3 is pretty good as well...possibly better than Earthbound *ducks* :D You should give the translated version a go if you can.
Didn't know there was a translated version of it. :think:

pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

pulstar wrote:
geotrig wrote:Mother 3 is pretty good as well...possibly better than Earthbound *ducks* :D You should give the translated version a go if you can.
Fan translation.

Is the writing style comparable, pulstar?
Johnnychaos
eBay: Keyamon

Post by Johnnychaos »

Was playing bee storm tonight. Really not sure if I like it, but im trying to.. That intro music is so cool though! :) makes me want to go watch my Gatchaman episodes :awe:
pulstar

Post by pulstar »

pubjoe wrote:
pulstar wrote:
geotrig wrote:Mother 3 is pretty good as well...possibly better than Earthbound *ducks* :D You should give the translated version a go if you can.
Fan translation.

Is the writing style comparable, pulstar?
It's not too bad to be honest. It probably would have been served better by an official translation but it almost succeeds.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Dragon Quest I & II. Fan translation version. Loving it!
Emulation's nice when done well
pulstar

Post by pulstar »

TheRedKnight wrote:Dragon Quest I & II. Fan translation version. Loving it!
Love a bit of DQ...just finished Dragon Quest VI on the DS, probably my favourite. At the moment I'm just trying to finish The World Ends With You. Not bad so far, but it feels overhyped IMO.