Arcades in Vancouver

Coin-operated games and arcades.
spikehead
eBay: neles72

Arcades in Vancouver

Post by spikehead »

Bit of a long shot but are there any arcades in Vancouver worth visiting. I stumbled upon Movie Land but I wasn´t able to make out if they are still operating.
Thanks.
opt2not
eBay: n/a
Initials: OPT

Re: Arcades in Vancouver

Post by opt2not »

Yup, Movieland is still operational. It's the oldest arcade in Vancouver, still standing. It's still as grimey as it ever was...

There is also Espot, in Richmond (very easy to get to via Sky Train -- it's near the Lansdowne station), its a big arcade which has a lot of candy cabs, billboards and an Internet cafe.

These are the two I usually recommend cause they're the easiest to get to.
slugflyer

Post by slugflyer »

opt2not wrote:Yup, Movieland is still operational. It's the oldest arcade in Vancouver, still standing. It's still as grimey as it ever was...

There is also Espot, in Richmond (very easy to get to via Sky Train -- it's near the Lansdowne station), its a big arcade which has a lot of candy cabs, billboards and an Internet cafe.

These are the two I usually recommend cause they're the easiest to get to.

dude is espot the one in the mall? that has some kick **** machines! gundam vs!

:awe:
Here to represent new style VEWLIX arcade fans. Both of you.
opt2not
eBay: n/a
Initials: OPT

Post by opt2not »

slugflyer wrote: dude is espot the one in the mall? that has some kick **** machines! gundam vs!

:awe:
Oh yeah, CHQ in Metrotown Centre! I forgot about that one.

Yeah that one is pretty good too. They have a lot of newer machines...I haven't been there in a little while, but I think it's still there.
Metrotown is also pretty easy to get to -- one skytrain ride and you're there.

Espot is in it's own building, and is fairly huge because they also have a full billiards and internet cafe in there. Also, they host a bunch of SFIV:AE tourneys there too.
rjosal
eBay: rjosal
Initials: RWJ

Post by rjosal »

Is espot operated by General Amusement? Because I'm having a tough time getting in contact with them. They have a cab for sale I want but I can't get any confirmation the CP is intact. http://www.generalamusement.ca/"
spikehead
eBay: neles72

Post by spikehead »

Thanks for the information. The hostel Im staying at is 200m from Movie Land or the arcade that time forgot. Raiden II, Raiden Fighters and a six player Daytona. I guess SF third strike is their newest machine. Also went down to espot. Impressive indeed. Few shmups but the figthers and Gundam machines are ace.

@Opt2not Im in Vancouver till monday. If you pass by Movie Land get in touch.
rjosal
eBay: rjosal
Initials: RWJ

Post by rjosal »

Checked out espot. Indeed, few shmups, only Strikers 1945 III and Strikers 1999 (the same game!). Mostly Blasts, but also a bunch of NACs and Versus and New Versus.