The Last of Us

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
fagin

The Last of Us

Post by fagin »

Simply stunning and intriguing - just given it an hour.

If the majority of the PS3 releases were like this we wouldn't need a PS4!

GET IT!
k1ngarth3r
eBay: t-0-m-t-0-m
Initials: Tom

Re: The Last of Us

Post by k1ngarth3r »

I saw the commercial tonight, and want it!
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!
eBay: gargoyle1967

Post by gargoyle67 »

Not impressed with the gun play though, It's pretty basic.
"Yeah lets all get ponys instead, wait no lol trendy cabs" Err I think you meant Ponies didn't you ?
fagin

Post by fagin »

Yeah but gun usage is only part of your arsenal now, which I like. Pick a brick up and smash it over their head from behind...... quite satisfying! :lol:
cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
eBay: thecrunchieone
Initials: DAB

Post by cRacKh0rN »

I'm tempted to get another PS3 just to play this!
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

cRacKh0rN wrote:I'm tempted to get another PS3 just to play this!
I did just that.

It looks stunning, but not a 10/10 game. The first 5 mins are awesome, but after that you seem to wander to the next set piece after set piece ( a la uncharted).

The guide suggests "sneaking" up on people, but shooting them is much more fun.

Worth a play if you have a PS3 though.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

I can't even be arsed to power up & update my PS3 for this. Far too much hype. I do think it looks good, but I'll wait for it to hit £18 and the deliberate some more.

Modern games are all the same. That being said, I did really enjoy FC3 Blood Dragon.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

kernow wrote:Bought it yesterday for 30
:o
Cadpipe
Please Continue...

Post by Cadpipe »

markedkiller78 wrote:I can't even be arsed to power up & update my PS3 for this. Far too much hype. I do think it looks good, but I'll wait for it to hit £18 and the deliberate some more.

Modern games are all the same. That being said, I did really enjoy FC3 Blood Dragon.

Dont think its over hyped its exellent so far.

I happen to think blood dragon was over hyped and repetitive (im in tne minority on that tho :eh: ), however I've just finished spec-ops which i picked up for a fiver and i thought the story telling was superb even if the combat was a tad generic ,but well worth picking up its very underrated.
It's all in the reflexes!
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

It sounds like we don't like the same games. 10+ (guess) big reviewers awarding 10/10 and the amount of publicity and previews is massive hype IMO.

Blood Dragon is £10 retail and 6-8 hours game time. I paid £3 for it and genuinely enjoyed every minute. It's the opposite of this game, in that it either doesn't take itself seriously,or much more likely, it is a very serious attempt at an ironic and mocking 80s take on the totally stale FPS genre. There are no QTE at all and its mindless from start to finish.

My one complaint, is that you are encouraged to approach certain optional rescue missions using stealth.

I think the last of us looks like a very good game, but if someone tells me its littered with QTE or stealth like the later drake games, then I will know in advance that it's not for me.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I've thoroughly enjoyed the first two hours of it. Yes there is stealth but it's not put me off so far. The prologue was particularly good and I sincerely hope Xbox One has 7.1 Linear PCM audio like this because it sounds lush compared to anything on 360.

Naughty Dog have saved PS3 from being a total fail for me.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

markedkiller78 wrote:I paid £3 for it and genuinely enjoyed every minute.
Sounds like me and Beowulf. Objectively a terrible game. Subjectively immensely satisfying.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

I'm with Mark in that I can't be arsed. I guess I shouldn't really judge without playing it. It just reminds me of every "10/10" epic movie game I've given a chance, and words like
SuperPang wrote:prologue
ring alarm bells.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

kernow wrote:Mark I can't believe you'd play fc3 over the uncharted series

I held you in such high regard

:(
Blood Dragon uses the FC3 engine, that's where the similarity stops

fagin

Post by fagin »

markedkiller78 wrote:It sounds like we don't like the same games. 10+ (guess) big reviewers awarding 10/10 and the amount of publicity and previews is massive hype IMO.

Blood Dragon is £10 retail and 6-8 hours game time. I paid £3 for it and genuinely enjoyed every minute. It's the opposite of this game, in that it either doesn't take itself seriously,or much more likely, it is a very serious attempt at an ironic and mocking 80s take on the totally stale FPS genre. There are no QTE at all and its mindless from start to finish.

My one complaint, is that you are encouraged to approach certain optional rescue missions using stealth.

I think the last of us looks like a very good game, but if someone tells me its littered with QTE or stealth like the later drake games, then I will know in advance that it's not for me.
I'd suggest that you may be surprised..... I didn't really think that UC was "all that". This is much better imo.

It's been the only reason I've turned on my PS3 for months!
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

When it hits £18 in Aug I'll see if I have some spare time. I do think it looks good, but I imagine Tomb Raider will be a £5 by then & I'll jump on that :awe:

It looks like a game I could handle, 13h is ok in my book: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/gamebreakd ... meid=10463"
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

I probably will have some time:

Tomb Raider = 10 - 13h: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/gamebreakd ... ameid=1821"
Bio Shock Infinite = 10-14h: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/gamebreakd ... ameid=1653"
Lego City Undercover: 17 - 20h: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/gamebreakd ... meid=11571" - Hmm, this better be good as I don't fancy 20h of anything.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...
Initials: MPS

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

I fancied playing this after watching the IGN review then I watched a 30minute unedited play-through of the play mechanics on youtube and I changed my mind. I can't play games like this anymore. It looks so run-of-the-hill generic next gen sexy visuals and unrewarding gameplay that most AAA adventure/sand box games have these days. I found it hard staying awake playing Uncharted 2 and the Tom Braider reboot. Give me Portal 2 anyday, now there's a nextgen game! A modern day masterpiece that makes you think to progress. Stunning.
Last edited by Ex_Mosquito on June 18th, 2013, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

He's the guy that invades wombs.

Tom Braider, womb invader.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...
Initials: MPS

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

Yeah, what Mark said ;)
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;