Super Hyper Street Fighter Twin Turbo Champion Edition

Coin-operated games and arcades.
ninjawyatt
Please Continue...
eBay: ninjawyatt

Super Hyper Street Fighter Twin Turbo Champion Edition

Post by ninjawyatt »

Post your favourite Street Fighter title and explain why its your fave. You can choose a SF cross over title if you wish, but not a non SF cross over title with SF characters, such as MVC.

It all began for me with SF2 World Warrior (and the rest of the world), so Im tempted to choose that for nostalgic value. I advanced through the titles as the years turned into decades, but never really got into Alpha 1 or 2, dont know what it was, they just didnt really click with me. I think SFIV is fantastic and think its put SF back on the map in my opinion! The final tweak (AE) is obviously the best version of it, however I do wonder about Capcoms need to release the game 3 times. I bought all 3 though cause Im a sucker! I drew the line at that 25th Anniversary Collectors set. Capcom can keep that!

My favourite title has to be Alpha 3. I loved the way it played and I loved the visuals, especially the connection with the original SF Manga movie, such as Ryu's white head band and Ken's long hair. I had the Saikyo Dojo version on the Dreamcast and played it till my GDROM was fried! Hadoken!!!
'You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance'
Rossyra
Supermod

Re: Super Hyper Street Fighter Twin Turbo Champion Edition

Post by Rossyra »

3rd Strike because its combat system is as good as it gets. Graphics aren't up to those in 2nd Impact, but it's still a masterpiece.
Last edited by Rossyra on November 28th, 2012, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
opt2not
eBay: n/a
Initials: OPT

Post by opt2not »

:awe: :pointup:
Same as kernow, but I actually don't mind SSF4:AE... :oops:
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

SSF2X!

I've grown completely bored of the other SF games like NG/2I/3S, the Zero series and the Vs games, but 2X will forever be my number one game. Nothing can touch it.

E: And obviously IV doesn't count because it's just ****.
Last edited by LEGENOARYNINLIA on November 28th, 2012, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emulation's nice when done well
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Post by Spectre »

Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha

Never got on with Zero 3 much, don't like the presentation or the announcer etc. Gameplay and roster wise, Zero 2 Alpha is the next best thing and is also chock full of little secrets and alternative game modes (dramatic battle, survival mode etc). I also seem much better at Zero 2 for some reason, maybe it's just psychological 8-)

I've never put any real time into the SF3 series due to the hardware being so flaky, something which I intend to change in 2013 as I have a new generation setup waiting for me in storage in japan.

My grey asian Zero 2 Alpha set is quite probably the piece of arcade hardware I have owned for the longest and I have absolutely no plans to ever sell it, which is quite something for me as I end up selling everything at some stage :awe:
losersclub
Please Continue...
Initials: HOD

Post by losersclub »

Zero 2 or SFII Hyper Fighting for me :awe:

Could never get into Zero 3 for some, really didn't like the soundtrack compared to the other Zero or SF2 games

Love SSF2X but i find it really **** hard, really should pick up the board and devote the time to getting better at it

I quite liked SFIV for the first weekend of release, when i was caught up in all the excitement of a new SF game and being able to play it online against other human players but once this novelty wore off i really began to dislike it to the point that every time i've tried to play it since i've turned it off after a few minutes
moh
Please Continue...

Post by moh »

I like third strike just for the announcer.

PREPARE TO STRIKE.
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

HSF2 Anniversary Edition. Doesn't seem to get any love round here but it's the best SF game ever made.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

SF2CE was probably the one I played most in the arcade but SSF2X is my favourite simply because it's the best and there's nothing I can think of that I don't like about it

SF3:3S is a close second but it still doesn't come as naturally to me as 2X does :(

I really like SF4 too :awe:
jepjepjep

Post by jepjepjep »

I like SF2 Hyper Fighting the best. In my opinion, the series peaked there.

I always thought the new characters from the SSF2 series weren't as cool as the original roster. I really didn't like the way the changed the sound effects and voices making them higher pitched. The whole feel of the game I thought went towards a more cartoony style.
rugdoctor
Please Continue...
Initials: KLM

Post by rugdoctor »

Street Fighter: The Movie . Ultimate title paradox: A game that is based on a movie that is based on the game and if you expand on the ps1/saturn version is based on the 3rd reitteration of the original game...
my website: http://kelvinsgamingheaven.blogspot.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
idc
Ralf Little impersonator
eBay: iancourt
Initials: IAN

Post by idc »

1. SSF2T/X -The only game I played more than this in the local bowling alley was Daytona. I will always remember the first time I went there after they'd upgraded the SSF2 cabs to SSF2T. I didn't realise that they'd upgraded at first, until I spotted the part of the opening sequence where Cammy pokes her tongue out. :awe:

2. SSF2 - Like many here, I played this a lot until it was replaced by SSF2T. I loved the new characters and was rather fond of look of the new stages. The northern lights in Cammy's stage and the bandstand in Dee Jay's stage in particular. Great to play, and also very easy on the eyes, especially back then when compared to the likes of Primal Rage which was rough around the edges and the Mortal Kombat games which were so dull and grainy in my opinion. SSF2 was a joy to behold.

3. SF33S - A natural progression from the SSF2 games. Much better gameplay mechanic, massive amount of depth. Not as pretty as SF32I though, which is a shame, but still the best game of the SF3 series. This is only in third place here simply because I put much more time to SSF2 and SSF2T in the arcades. By the time SF3NG appeared in the bowling alley, arcades were on the decline, and sadly I don't think they ever upgraded SF3NG to 2I or 3S.
ImageImageImageImage
man9child
Please Continue...
Initials: PJG

Post by man9child »

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. The AI is annoying, but the game itself is perfect. I couldn't even guess how many hours I played the HDR because of the netplay.

I like CE a lot too. The CE colors are to this day what I prefer for all the fighters.

I loved Alpha 2 for a long time, but I think I'm over that series. 3s is great, but I can't play it without thinking of MotW, and MotW is better. :problem:
Neo'nate
eBay: fleebay
Initials: NJP

Post by Neo'nate »

Wow no love for Zero3!! :wtf:
The presentation of that game from a design perspective is amazing plus a wide range of characters old and new, great stages, music and a great one player experience including a rival character mid boss etc etc. . . whats not to love!?

Agreed on 3rd Strike, it is literally a master piece of game design.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

ok sf2 ww :shifty: maybe just nostalgia and i know its not technically the best but its what brought me to love the game in the arcade and on my snes on christmas morning way back when :awe: ps i dont actually own this anymore :palm:

2nd: no doubt ssf2x, its just an awesome game that i may never clear :(

3rd: sf3 2i overall i prefer this to 3s dont know why but i do ,i do love the rain stage on 3s though and it does grow on me more and more

are none of the vs' included i know these are kerns fav's :awe:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Zero 3 for me. Yes it's broken for competitive play but it's by far the most enjoyable. Don't really have a worst SF game but if I had to choose it'd be WW because of the slow pace.

:awe:
Phexe
Please Continue...

Post by Phexe »

Mine will forever be Street Fighter Alpha 2. (Close 2nd is Third Strike, technically the better game).

The music, the sound, the atmosphere, roster, etc etc, were all really well thought out and suited the series. Zero 3 sucked, I'm sorry but it does. The music was terrible, the announcer was worse, artwork was generic as anything and the newer characters (well the sf2 characters) were phoned in. Oh and Alpha 2 introduced Rival battle's.

Alpha 2 had awesome storylines, and your end boss actually made sense instead of just fighting Dictator. Zero 2 Alpha was awesome as well, but for nostalgia I prefer hearing "Streeeeeeeet Fiiiighter Alllllpha Twwoooooo". The Australia stage in Zero 2 Alpha is still one of my favourite fighting game stages ever, coming right out of the SF2 anime.
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Post by Spectre »

Phexe wrote:but for nostalgia I prefer hearing "Streeeeeeeet Fiiiighter Alllllpha Twwoooooo"
I always thought Capcom missed a trick by not adding the "alpha" onto the end of the announcer voice at the title screen on zero 2 alpha. The samples are there so it would have been a simple bit of code and it sounds cool if you play them in that order in the test menu :awe:
ninn
TheRedKnight's Lover
eBay: 8bitbitch

Post by ninn »

Are there differences between Hyper and SSF2X? I saw a site once, that explained every single difference, but I am talking about gameplay with friends. Any got experience?

I'd like to own Hyper (feature-wise) or Turbo (personal, favourite version, cheap).

Reasons I prefer Plain-Vanilla-Turbo:
The background-graphics are the best and started to degrade since then. I got no idea why the removed the phantastic sunsets at blanka- or guile-stage. This hurts every time I see them.

I rarely use the new characters, and except for cammys stage, their stages are boring too.

Anyway, I am missing a 2l12b-panel ... :eh:
If I find one, I will get a SF2 as soon as possible to beat my girl.
She knows how to execute the dragon punch and can utilize it very well.
Randy and Candy.
currently lazy. must not buy games!
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

I've owned...

SF2WW
SF2T (twice)
SSF2
SFZ2A
SSF2X

And now HSF2A.

You need to own a Street Fighter (2) game, it's a required PCB for anyone that owns another PCB. My most played is probably SF2T or SSF2X, but I have a soft spot for Z2A. I've settled on HSF2A solely to cover adhoc multiplayer - I'm not too bothered playing any of them a huge amount in 1P so cheap CPU doesn't matter, but pitting SF2 Chunners versus 2X Guile multiplayer is huge fun.