Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by geotrig »

birdsguts wrote: and sitting on a net city JVS cab.
:problem: you could break it doing that !

welcome dudes

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
IDCHAPPY
c***3
eBay: Arcadedreams2013
Initials: IDC

Post by IDCHAPPY »

Welcome new folk :clap:
hipattack

Post by hipattack »

Hello!

I'm Alex. I have a FOBT hacked into a MAME cab by Digital Systems Designs. I'm in the process of ripping out the Happ buttons and putting in lovely Sanwas in pink'n'green, just so I can feel like I have a proper candy. I'll be doing a few more mods too. I recently unscrewed the base, so it's now all low and sexy.

One day? One day I'll have a nice MVS candy, or something big and Jamma. For now I'll concentrate on making my current toy better.
cosine
Please Continue...
Initials: MIK

Post by cosine »

Hi, I'm cosine, from Dunfermline in Scotland.
I'm currently in the market for a candy cab, and I was pointed in the direction of this forum by the Chappy in the post above, who I know from Jamma+.

Hopefully you kind peeps can help me spend my money :lol:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my sanity the most.
TheGecko

Post by TheGecko »

Hi all!

Been sniffing around the usual Jamma/arcade sites recently, as I've had my interest in arcade machines reawakened. Came across the term 'candy cab', and ended up here. :)

Previously owned several jamma boards, retro consoles etc., but got rid of them quite awhile ago. Beginning to ponder whether I can fit a full-sized cabinet in my house, or better to go candy.

:)
mastercello
eBay: mastercello
Initials: BUS

Post by mastercello »

Welcome all to best Candy Cab and Arcade releate forum of the universe! :awe:
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

^- this^twelfty-brazzilion! :D

Welcome new recruits :wave:
safetyboy
Please Continue...
eBay: soulcabbage

Post by safetyboy »

Howdy, I'm jay and wangled my way over here from boards.ie arcade and retro forum!!
GameStone
eBay: gamestone
Initials: JAM

Post by GameStone »

Hi

I'm the webmaster of GameStone and have been running Gradius Home World since 1997.

I'm on J+ but I thought I would join here as this place has lots of arcade stuff too.

Thanks.
GameStone
Gradius Home World
DoYouWantKarate
Please Continue...

Post by DoYouWantKarate »

I'm a PC gamer first, but have always dabbled in 80s/90s arcade and console games. With fewer PC releases that interest me these days I am starting to examine this secondary interest more.

I have a couple of wood cabs already, but the sleek lines of the candy cabs (along with their lighter build, larger screens and more comfortable play ergonomics) are appealing. I also like the idea of being able to rotate the monitor without a complete teardown, a trip to the hospital for lower back surgery, etc.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

Hi, I'm Mark and I'm in Fife in Scotland. I've been browsing these forums as a guest for a while now so thought it was about time I signed up. I've been hooked on games of all sorts and on all formats since the more carefree days of the Speccy 48k. As far as arcade gear goes I mainly have CPS2 & MVS stuff but also a few other odd boards (I'll post my inventory in the other thread). I've no cab at the minute but have built a few superguns and sticks and kept my favourites. I'd like to buy a Candy soon but if I don't buy an engagement ring first I'll get shot. Cheers!
networkingyuppy
Please Continue...

Post by networkingyuppy »

Hi there,
My name is Ben Fong otherwise known as networkingyuppy on SRK and most of my time is spent on Technical Arcade Hardware based on Controllers, modding for multiple system compatibility and I love to collect arcade sticks! I've spent about 4 years researching and designing hardware to make it functional as well as aesthetically pleasing controllers for players to use and I travel throughout the US in tournaments providing modding services for players around the fighting game community. I currently work in Next Level Arcades in Brooklyn and most of the time I coordinate events for fighting game tournaments. Well nice to meet you guys.
richy13
Ming the Merciless
eBay: ...

Post by richy13 »

crunchywasp wrote:Hi, I'm Mark and I'm in Fife in Scotland. I've been browsing these forums as a guest for a while now so thought it was about time I signed up. I've been hooked on games of all sorts and on all formats since the more carefree days of the Speccy 48k. As far as arcade gear goes I mainly have CPS2 & MVS stuff but also a few other odd boards (I'll post my inventory in the other thread). I've no cab at the minute but have built a few superguns and sticks and kept my favourites. I'd like to buy a Candy soon but if I don't buy an engagement ring first I'll get shot. Cheers!

Welcome mark think ive delt with you on ebay nice to see you here :)
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

networkingyuppy wrote:Hi there,
My name is Ben Fong otherwise known as networkingyuppy on SRK and most of my time is spent on Technical Arcade Hardware based on Controllers, modding for multiple system compatibility and I love to collect arcade sticks! I've spent about 4 years researching and designing hardware to make it functional as well as aesthetically pleasing controllers for players to use and I travel throughout the US in tournaments providing modding services for players around the fighting game community. I currently work in Next Level Arcades in Brooklyn and most of the time I coordinate events for fighting game tournaments. Well nice to meet you guys.
**** I have to make the trip to Next Level sometime soon. I feel like I live too close to not go :think:
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'

Post by crunchywasp »

richy13 wrote:
crunchywasp wrote:Hi, I'm Mark and I'm in Fife in Scotland. I've been browsing these forums as a guest for a while now so thought it was about time I signed up. I've been hooked on games of all sorts and on all formats since the more carefree days of the Speccy 48k. As far as arcade gear goes I mainly have CPS2 & MVS stuff but also a few other odd boards (I'll post my inventory in the other thread). I've no cab at the minute but have built a few superguns and sticks and kept my favourites. I'd like to buy a Candy soon but if I don't buy an engagement ring first I'll get shot. Cheers!

Hi, thanks very much for the warm welcome.Yep, I bought a Cyberbots B board from you a couple of months back - Excellent service. I've seen a few of your CPS2 boards for sale on eBay and they're always very fairly priced, and very tempting!
IDCHAPPY
c***3
eBay: Arcadedreams2013
Initials: IDC

Post by IDCHAPPY »

crunchywasp wrote:
richy13 wrote:

Hi, thanks very much for the warm welcome.Yep, I bought a Cyberbots B board from you a couple of months back - Excellent service. I've seen a few of your CPS2 boards for sale on eBay and they're always very fairly priced, and very tempting!
Hoot's man another scot, welcome properly to the boards buddy :)
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'

Post by crunchywasp »

IDCHAPPY wrote: Hoot's man another scot, welcome properly to the boards buddy :)
Och aye the noo n' up yer kilt neebur etc :) Thanks too for your warm welcome!
stri9ker
Please Continue...
eBay: yeschap
Initials: pal

Post by stri9ker »

crunchywasp wrote:
IDCHAPPY wrote: Hoot's man another scot, welcome properly to the boards buddy :)
Och aye the noo n' up yer kilt neebur etc :) Thanks too for your warm welcome!
Yesss crunchy Wasp ,Good to see you here :awe:
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'

Post by crunchywasp »

stri9ker wrote:
Hey! Thanks mate. Good to be here :D Very friendly bunch round here. It's on your recommendation that I've started to participate.I've still not pushed the button on that SF3 yet!...
stri9ker
Please Continue...
eBay: yeschap
Initials: pal

Post by stri9ker »

crunchywasp wrote:
stri9ker wrote:
Hey! Thanks mate. Good to be here :D Very friendly bunch round here. It's on your recommendation that I've started to participate.I've still not pushed the button on that SF3 yet!...
Haha ,Go on ,Press that button and make your dreams come true :lol: All the best here ,Im sure you will be a good contribution to AO ;)