(DC) Super Street Fighter 2 X- rolling on Arcade monitor?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
endoe
Please Continue...
(DC) Super Street Fighter 2 X- rolling on Arcade monitor?

Post by endoe »

Hi there fellas, Im putting together an arcade at the moment and wired the monitor to the Dreamcast today.Tested a few games namely CVS 2 and Shemnue and they look fantastic.When I went to give SSF2 a run the image was continually rolling, now its now an issue with the wiring or anything, because both the other games worked fine, I tested Shenmue on 60hz aswell and that worked fine.Any ideas.Ive read that SF3 on the Dreamcast had some sort of RGB protection that wouldnt allow the game to run on Arcade moinitors, but you can patch that with aHex edit, perhaps this is the same?Its the ReviveDC version, I wont be able to try another version until Friday, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.Thanks.
CPS2
Street Fighter

Re: (DC) Super Street Fighter 2 X- rolling on Arcade monitor

Post by CPS2 »

kernow wrote:Have you tried an original copy? :awe:
SSF2x needed an RGB patch to work, the original version from Capcom didn't work via RGB scart. :palm:
endoe
Please Continue...

Post by endoe »

Thanks heaps CPS2
Anyone know of a tutorial explaining the process for Super in particular?
Mr-Megalo
Please Continue...

Post by Mr-Megalo »

Vampire Chronicles For Matching Service and the first release of Street Fighter Zero 3 ^ also wouldn't work without being patched.

15k RGB Scart patch for Super SFIIX can be found http://www.consolecopyworld.com/dc/dc_patches_s.shtml"

I can confirm they work aswell, a few years ago I sent a couple of folks patched versions of the US SFA3, JPN Vampire Chronicles and JPN Super SFIIX out via various forums to folks who couldn't play the originals on there cabs or scart TV's
endoe
Please Continue...

Post by endoe »

Mr-Megalo wrote:Vampire Chronicles For Matching Service and the first release of Street Fighter Zero 3 ^ also wouldn't work without being patched.

15k RGB Scart patch for Super SFIIX can be found http://www.consolecopyworld.com/dc/dc_patches_s.shtml"

I can confirm they work aswell, a few years ago I sent a couple of folks patched versions of the US SFA3, JPN Vampire Chronicles and JPN Super SFIIX out via various forums to folks who couldn't play the originals on there cabs or scart TV's
Thanks for the response.There doesn't seem to be a link for a RGB patch for Super, theres a trainer but no RGB patch :eh: .Anychance you still have the patch?I also have a program called PAL patcher, but don't know whiochoption to use.
endoe
Please Continue...

Post by endoe »

What if I were to use a region changer and change my Dreamcast to a US or Japanes console, would that fix the issue for me?

Doe this issue affect US consoles at all?If I cahnge my DC to a US NTSC outpiut, these games will work correctly, or better to go to the Japanes route?
Mr-Megalo
Please Continue...

Post by Mr-Megalo »

region change wont work, the games themselves had RGB locked out for some reason (which I never understood as RGB scart was widely used in Japan)
Capcom added RGB support on the PAL release of games such as SFA3 and then the later release of SFZ3 For Matching Service.
i'll have a look to see IF (and thats a big if) I do still have the patched cd somewhere, but please don't hold your breath as I got rid of 99% of my DC backups a long long time ago. Hex editing the image may be your only option to RGB fix Super SFIIX
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

If Megs hasn't got one, I'm pretty sure I have an RGB SSF2x you can have.
endoe
Please Continue...

Post by endoe »

That would be awesome CPS2. If I were to Hex edit the images, what do I look for?
Last edited by endoe on December 13th, 2011, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

endoe wrote:That would be awesome CPS2. If I were to Hex edit the images, what do I look for? My email is hijakt11@gmail.com
It's on a CDR. Ping me your address via PM. ;)
endoe
Please Continue...

Post by endoe »

Yeah i sent you a PM, I thought it maybe possible to upload the patch itself, hence the email.But that works too :-)
endoe
Please Continue...

Post by endoe »

Sent you another PM CPS, It was late here yesterday, so went to bed.
Hewitson
Please Continue...
Initials: BJA

Post by Hewitson »

Mr-Megalo wrote:region change wont work, the games themselves had RGB locked out for some reason (which I never understood as RGB scart was widely used in Japan)
No it wasn't.. Same connector, entirely different pinout.
crunchywasp wrote:During your visit you could reverse his evil honey trap and tell him you're a bit uncertain about spending an hour inside his box
Mr-Megalo
Please Continue...

Post by Mr-Megalo »

Hewitson wrote:
Mr-Megalo wrote:region change wont work, the games themselves had RGB locked out for some reason (which I never understood as RGB scart was widely used in Japan)
No it wasn't.. Same connector, entirely different pinout.
well if you want to be pedantic about it then, they used "21 pin RGB"
Jamtex
Please Continue...

Post by Jamtex »

Although there was a 21 pin socket, called "Analogue Multi In", however it was only used by a few (about 3) manufacturers and even then it was used in a limited way in the late 80s and early 90s, by the late 90s / early 00s the socket had all but disappeared with most TVs just having standard video signals and the component D-Terminal socket. As a side note, Sony did offer a 8 pin DIN socket on the back of their TVs during the 80s for RGB (wired in the same way as the 8 pin DIN socket as their MSX range of computers) and Sharp did offer a 15 pin socket on the back of some of their TVs again specifically for the X1 and X68000 computers. NEC never really did RGB as none of the PC Engines offered RGB natively in useful way.

The only company that really offered any type of RGB socket on a TV from then on, was Sony and they called it a Game port and it used the same pinouts as the Playstation AV socket.

So no RGB was never in widespread use in Japan, it was there in a limited way but surprisingly no used that much. There was no RGB lead officially available in Japan for the DC... only the Neo Geo, Super Famicom, Sega Saturn and Sony Playstation had leads and for a long time until the mid 2000s, you could buy new SFC leads for near nothing in Japan.

I could take pictures of the back of 50 CRT TVs and it is likely none (except the late Sony TVs) will have any form of RGB.
A:>