A question of honour?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
The Enigmatic Form
Please Continue...

A question of honour?

Post by The Enigmatic Form »

I have the full set of stickers lying around here to re-decorate my AWSD to an Egret 3. I know some people here already did that.

So, if someone asks you, would you say you have an E3? Or an AWSD? Or always tell the full story? I know it´s only a minor difference. :mrgreen:
The Enigmatic Form
Please Continue...

Re: A question of honour?

Post by The Enigmatic Form »

Shouldn´t be a problem if I can get the header out without damaging it. And shipping would be close to 20 Euro because of the size. :o

Why do you need one?
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!
eBay: gargoyle1967

Post by gargoyle67 »

I'd say I have a converted AWSD to a E3, Although the only differance bewteen them is the artwork, Only the 1st batch of E3's had tosh monitors now they have the same as the AWSD.
"Yeah lets all get ponys instead, wait no lol trendy cabs" Err I think you meant Ponies didn't you ?
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!
eBay: gargoyle1967

Post by gargoyle67 »

@Kernow, Don't need to check I know my one has a wei-ya, And I bet if you check older E3 you'll find a wei-ya in them too.

There ya go m8 ;)
The only one I could find at the moment.
Last edited by gargoyle67 on August 25th, 2008, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah lets all get ponys instead, wait no lol trendy cabs" Err I think you meant Ponies didn't you ?
Darien
Please Continue...

Post by Darien »

Do you know people who would look at it IRL and know the difference?
All my mates come over and want to know why this one (Astro City) is all white and tiny.

I say tell the whole story if you do. I've noticed once I start talking about candies, everyone's eyes begin to roll.

-Darien, of course I ask them which looks better and they'd most likely fit in their flats. THEN I get them to play Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on both of them. Yeah japanese looks better..,yeah japanese plays better. oh you want what now?
Blaine
Please Continue...

Post by Blaine »

I actually didn't know there really was a difference but the artwork... shows you how much I know about candy cabs.

My opinion is, I'd say it's a Egret 3 conversion. And the reasons are pretty straight forward, you'll have two camps of people:

1) People who know what that means.
2) People who don't.

People who don't know what it means won't have an opinion on it either way. Like Darien's friends, it'll just be blank stares.
People who do know will know that it's a quality conversion. You're taking a hardware specific cab and doing little more than swapping artwork. It's not like when I ask you "What did you convert it from?" you'll have to say "An Ikea bookshelf and a 6 inch TV."