Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher
eBay: N/A

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Lordstar »

Merlin wrote:Hi everyone. I've been lurking at this forum for quite a while and decided to finally sign up. I've been using a supergun and a consolized PGM to play arcade games but after a lot of thought I've decided to get myself a candy cab hopefully in the near future. The wiki and forum are a great resource of info which has really helped me already.

Thats awesome to hear dude. what do you have on your PGM?
New ketsui tee avaliable for sale here http://tinyurl.com/5t8yrjr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.karoshidrop.com its a work in progress
Merlin
Please Continue...

Post by Merlin »

Lordstar wrote: Thats awesome to hear dude. what do you have on your PGM?
Hi Lordstar. So far I've got Demon Front, Dragon World 2, Dragon World 3, Knights of Valour, Knights of Valour 2, Martial Masters, Oriental Legend, Puzzle Star, The Gladiator and The Killing Blade. I'm planning to buy most of the available carts eventually and also get a PGM 2. Have you got any PGM games? Well worth it if you haven't already. I think IGS are a pretty underrated developer and thanks to them the 2d arcade beat 'em up genre is still alive. Can't wait till they finish KOV 3! :)
wouly

Post by wouly »

Hello,

I'm Wouly. I'm from Belgium and I'm a big fan of fighting games like Street Fighter and snk games.
I like Mortal kombat series too.

Regards ;)
thekonamikid
Please Continue...

Post by thekonamikid »

Halo,

Name is Ben, I have had a jamma cab for past 3 or 4 years now, have around 30 or so games for it. More a fan of the late 80's/early 90's stuff. But do love Outrun, Paperboy & Gauntlet. One day I plan to have all 3 lined up, but that day is a long way off yet :lol: Am big on my retro console games too. I am also on other forums (jamma+, Ukvac & Retro Gamer under bensonrad) but thought I would pop over here and have a look and spread my wings a bit :)

Cheers
Ben
Jaelus
Please Continue...
eBay: Jaelus
Initials: JAE

Post by Jaelus »

Hello all,

I'm Jaelus from over at the neo-geo forums.. been lurking here for awhile. I've been collecting for about six years now and am up to 7 cabs atm: 4 slot big red, 4 player D&D Cab, Galaxian, Blast City (tate), AWSD, Super Neo 29 Type I (6 slot MVS), & Type II (HNG64). The woodies were my original cabs when I got into the hobby (had and sold a VF4:Evolution woodie as well), but I've since fallen in love with candies and my game tastes and collection has grown tremendously thanks to all the great people I've had the pleasure of getting to know in this hobby.

Glad to be here!
My feedback from the neo-geo forums:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/itrader.php?u=10822
ratson
Please Continue...

Post by ratson »

Jaelus wrote:Hello all,

I'm Jaelus from over at the neo-geo forums.. been lurking here for awhile. I've been collecting for about six years now and am up to 7 cabs atm: 4 slot big red, 4 player D&D Cab, Galaxian, Blast City (tate), AWSD, Super Neo 29 Type I (6 slot MVS), & Type II (HNG64). The woodies were my original cabs when I got into the hobby (had and sold a VF4:Evolution woodie as well), but I've since fallen in love with candies and my game tastes and collection has grown tremendously thanks to all the great people I've had the pleasure of getting to know in this hobby.

Glad to be here!
Hi jaelus, always good to have a fellow n-g.com member here :mrgreen:
I man are the bushdoctor
Jaelus
Please Continue...
eBay: Jaelus
Initials: JAE

Post by Jaelus »

ratson wrote:Hi jaelus, always good to have a fellow n-g.com member here :mrgreen:
Word. NG represent.
My feedback from the neo-geo forums:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/itrader.php?u=10822
Bjoern
Please Continue...

Post by Bjoern »

Hi,

my name is Bjoern and i am 29 Years old. I am from germany. I am new to arcade... i got a Sega Noami Universal Cab with a Naomi 1 and GD Rom Drive and some Games like

Guilty Gear
Gundam
Border Down
etc...

So i hope to find here some good conversations :)

Regards
Bjoern
eight

Post by eight »

Hey all,

I'm new here and thought I'd say Hi first. :) Not owning a cab yet but I'm looking into getting myself one to play shmups on it.

Cheers!
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

:awe:
plasticXO
Please Continue...

Post by plasticXO »

Hi !

I'm from France and starting to play Arcade games as they should be. Mostly interested in shoot'em ups, but loving equally old school & danmaku genres. I tend to prefer games in Tate mode though.
Neo Gold
eBay: neo$gold
Initials: N$G

Post by Neo Gold »

Welcome Guys!.... 8-)
I'll have to check back in to Neo.com & see what's happening...been quite a long time.. :think:
WANTED! .. Any Tatty old candy cab!.
MrSandman
eBay: Not yet, not trading yet
Initials: NOR

Post by MrSandman »

Hi all!

I'm 31, from Germany, married with children ;) and about 11/2 years ago I realised, all of a sudden, that money can not only buy Nintendo stuff but also can make my childhood dream come true - so I bought a NeoGeo AES.

Then I thought, if money can buy a NeoGeo AES, it might as well buy a NeoGeo MVS, a Last Blade 1 or 2 or even a Garou: Mark of the Wolfes, a CPS2 and some games (SFZ1-3,MvC,SF Vs X-Men, Vampire Saviour 2), and maybe a Taito F3, or a Namco System 10 with Mr. Driller, or a Sony ZN-1 with Street Fighter EX........ :think:

Well....and now I have signed up here :awe:

Coin up (no cab yet, though *shame*) !
-MrSandman
"Hans, I've just noticed something."
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Post by KmanSweden »

Hello World.
KmanSweden here. Male. 31 years of age.
So i finaly to the step to become a member of AO. :)
Some might know me from BYOAC-forum, the late MaximusArcade-forum (RIP) or Arkadtorget.se, if you do say "Hi." :D

I started of by building a MAME cab from scratch. Then I migrated into restoring two old Cherry F1 Jamma cabs. I've just bought a Naomi2 mother board and will get me a cab someday. I've also had my eye on a Egret2 or 3 and that's what pointed me to AO.
Well that's 'bout it. Game on!
Up the Irons!

-Peter
Up the Irons!
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

"Hi". :D
alphagamer
Please Continue...

Post by alphagamer »

Välkommen till Arcadeotaku!
Our service is Fast, Good and Cheap (pick any two)
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher
eBay: N/A

Post by Lordstar »

welcome guys! :awe:
New ketsui tee avaliable for sale here http://tinyurl.com/5t8yrjr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.karoshidrop.com its a work in progress
ratson
Please Continue...

Post by ratson »

Welcome aboard :mrgreen:
I man are the bushdoctor
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

Hi Kman :wave:
OtokonoZenyou
Please Continue...
eBay: hayato3d
Initials: ALK

Post by OtokonoZenyou »

Hey, I'm new here. I'm Austin and I live in USA; Nashville, TN to be exact. 22 years old.

I'm relatively new to arcades, I owned a 1 slot Neo Geo big red with a few games a couple years back but sold it after I moved. Was nothing special but I loved it, I modded it with the Unibios, etc. I have missed it ever since. I have also missed being involved in arcades and learning more.

Fast forward to now, I picked up an arcade cab I have always wanted. A Sega Blast City, my first candy cab! Just happened to be at the right place at the right time. Total 8 hour drive to get it, but was worth it. It fit just right in the back of my Jeep Wrangler. I also bought a Naomi 2 set up for it with the GD-ROM system. Cab is in decent shape, but I have a lot of clean up to do. I use to be a Sega Bass Fishing cab but was restored to stock features.

Right now I'm waiting on my first games to arrive, as well as the power splitter I need for my GD-ROM to finish the set up. In the meantime I will be cleaning the cab up!