question about the aero city

Coin-operated games and arcades.
erzane
Not Made In Japan
eBay: Gab79

question about the aero city

Post by erzane »

I reflect since a long time to buy an earo city, we can find very cheap in my little town
I would like to play on it some old snk mvs and cps1, cps2, cps3 street fighters (from 91 to 94 games)
my question is :
is it a good idea ?
can I have a good screen qualitiy ? (like a new astro?) or is this monitor is to old for thoses type of games (not enough colours?)

thanks
Arcade's nice when done well
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Re: question about the aero city

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Hi erzane,

The fact that the monitor is a little smaller makes the Nanao MS8 monitor in mine look even better than the 29" Nanao's in my Astro and New Astro.

I say go for it.
theman
eBay: aero_city
Initials: RJC

Post by theman »

I'll second that,Aero's have great screens in them, just small enough to go through small doorways, and excellent build quility , go for it dude :)

I play MVS & CPS2 through to modern cave stuff, handles anything you'll throw at it.
Last edited by theman on August 25th, 2008, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

+1 here. The 26" Nanao MS8 in the Aero is a cracking monitor.

I like the retro look of the cab too.
richy13
Ming the Merciless
eBay: ...

Post by richy13 »

yes i have to say thats its the best cabinet i have:)the monitor is a perfect size & the build is some much better than my awsd & E2s by far.

richard
themisterfalcon
eBay: themisterfalcon
Initials: MRF

Post by themisterfalcon »

The Aero City is a great cabinet. I restored one a couple years back (http://flickr.com/photos/dubdubdub/sets ... 766484955/"). Really solid design all around. "Original" parts are a little hard to track down.
Blaine
Please Continue...

Post by Blaine »

dubs wrote:The Aero City is a great cabinet. I restored one a couple years back (http://flickr.com/photos/dubdubdub/sets ... 766484955/"). Really solid design all around. "Original" parts are a little hard to track down.

Very cool restoration...until I noticed... You jacked the price up from .25 cents to 100 yen!!! How do you sleep at night? :D
themisterfalcon
eBay: themisterfalcon
Initials: MRF

Post by themisterfalcon »

Blaine wrote:
dubs wrote:The Aero City is a great cabinet. I restored one a couple years back (http://flickr.com/photos/dubdubdub/sets ... 766484955/"). Really solid design all around. "Original" parts are a little hard to track down.

Very cool restoration...until I noticed... You jacked the price up from .25 cents to 100 yen!!! How do you sleep at night? :D
:lol: Gotta keep the lights on man
erzane
Not Made In Japan

Post by erzane »

thanks guys, I will looking for one :-)
so, if I have understand well your explications, the monitor of the aero will be better than the new astro because it's smaller ..(the resolution will be better)
but the new astros monitor have more colors, not ?
Nakano
Please Continue...

Post by Nakano »

erzane wrote:thanks guys, I will looking for one :-)
so, if I have understand well your explications, the monitor of the aero will be better than the new astro because it's smaller ..(the resolution will be better)
but the new astros monitor have more colors, not ?
I'd imagine it'll be a bit older, so might have screen burn, mine does, but can't see it during a gaming session. Its very good for shoot-em-ups, but I do prefer the bigger screens for fighters.
erzane
Not Made In Japan

Post by erzane »

Yes I m alright with you
I prefere new astro screen for fighters
I think this aero is nice but the monitor is to old and have not enough colours for the type of game like...(from 93 to nowadays 15kgames)
I have tryed it in the gamecenter near to me and I see the difference of colours
the only good thing about the aero is his price and his small monitor (the resolution can be better with a small monitor ''alien mame you re right on this point'')
that's not for nothing that the industry has created new monitors for new type of games year after year
Alex
eBay: jandrogo

Post by Alex »

erzane wrote: the only good thing about the aero is his price and his small monitor
Erzane how cheap it's an Aero in Switzerland? I have been offered one near my city but it's not cheap and not in good condition, have some oxidazed parts in the cpo and the cpo surrounding.
mastercello
eBay: mastercello
Initials: BUS

Post by mastercello »

Alex wrote: Erzane how cheap it's an Aero in Switzerland? I have been offered one near my city but it's not cheap and not in good condition, have some oxidazed parts in the cpo and the cpo surrounding.
I got mine for less than 300€ and it was in a good condition -> http://www.arcadeotaku.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=400"
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hi mastercello!

you are following me in every forum! I am jandrogo at shmups :D

I have seen your restoration and it's great, you were lucky it was in good condition... I have been offered one for 600€ and need some parts changing and painting... That makes me really think in other options.. maybe grab yours :D
mastercello
eBay: mastercello
Initials: BUS

Post by mastercello »

Alex wrote:Hi mastercello!

you are following me in every forum! I am jandrogo at shmups :D

I have seen your restoration and it's great, you were lucky it was in good condition... I have been offered one for 600€ and need some parts changing and painting... That makes me really think in other options.. maybe grab yours :D
I see...entonces hablas castellaño me imagino :?: :P

600€ is a lot...you can get a New Astro for this amount of money.
And sorry, my Aero is not for sale :!: :P
Alex

Post by Alex »

Yes I speak spanish and catalan too... yours it's great "amigo"

Yeah, first I have my eyes in the Aero because I need a little cab to put at one side of my desktop.. but prices are making me forget about it.. I have been offered also a sega Naomi in good condition for 550€ in my city, but I'll have to cut 10cm of the desktop :( and chop the naomi legs to convert it in a candy.
erzane
Not Made In Japan

Post by erzane »

Alex wrote:Erzane how cheap it's an Aero in Switzerland? I have been offered one near my city but it's not cheap and not in good condition, have some oxidazed parts in the cpo and the cpo surrounding.
500 swiss francs = less than 500 $
joeblade
You're looking good Tim

Post by joeblade »

The Aero City is a bloody "sherman tank"!!! 8-)

One of my fave cabs i've owned and miss it dearly... :cry:

Just make sure you've checked the screen or had a picture or two sent to you to confirm any geometry issues or burn-in as these cabs have been around for a loooong time!! ;)
For gods sake, its a carton box - not the holy grail!