Brightness problem on a Capcom Impress!

For monitor related issues
mikehaggar
Please Continue...
Brightness problem on a Capcom Impress!

Post by mikehaggar »

Hey everybody...

Just picked up a very nice Capcom Impress today, and all seems perfect, except the monitor is too dark. I try to turn the brightness up in the dials, but once it reaches a point to where it's about to get to a good level, the darkness and brightness seem to get completely inverted or something, and then if I keep going, it cycles back to very dark again.

It's not horribly dark, but just enough that I really want to get it fixed.
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Re: Brightness problem on a Capcom Impress!

Post by thegreathopper »

The dials you are adjusting are they ones under the control panel? if you are turning these up to full and it is still not enough you can turn up the brightness dial on the flyback transformer a small amount.

If you do not know where the flyback is you need to take the back panel off of your Impress and it is the black component with the HT (fat) cable that goes to the screen, on the left of the screen. turn this dial just a small bit to the right and recheck until your brightness increases.

Be careful in the back of the cab and do this with the power off unless you have done it before and know what you are doing.
mikehaggar
Please Continue...

Post by mikehaggar »

sounds like good advice. Two questions first though.

1) Which back panel? Where the yellow power warning sticker is?

2) What type of screwdriver do I need to undo those screws back there? None of mine seem to fit...they are small and starshaped....

Oh, and also, does this cabinet have a degauss button? I can't seem to find one anywhere on my cabinet....if it IS missing the button, is there still a way to degauss it? It's probably a good idea seeing as how it was just banged around in a truck on the way here....
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

You need to remove the panel that is next to the power supply on the back and you will need a Torx bit to remove the panel.

There is no manual degauss button it does it automatically each time you turn on the machine.
mikehaggar
Please Continue...

Post by mikehaggar »

Thanks! I'll buy a torx screwdriver today and let you know how it turns out.
mikehaggar
Please Continue...

Post by mikehaggar »

Bought one and brought it home, only to realize it didn't have the missing hole in the middle! I went back, and they didn't carry those. They seem to be hard to find, so i just ordered some online. They should be here within a week, so I'll be able to get inside then! Damn annoying screws!