Replacing sound chips - is it possible??

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
barmskii

Replacing sound chips - is it possible??

Post by barmskii »

I (knowingly) bought a boot of Batsugun and everything is fine except for the sound which is awful. Now I knew this would be the case and can live with it I guess, but I wondered whether it is possible to replace the sound chips with ones that have much better sound.

I know there is a website that will burn replacement roms although at the moment I can't remember what it is called.

I realise i'm probably weeing in the wind but just wondered if there was a way of making the music and sfx more bearable!!??

Cheers
Paul
Stefan_L

Re: Replacing sound chips - is it possible??

Post by Stefan_L »

From what i know are Batsugun bootlegs using a totally different soundchip from the original.
barmskii

Post by barmskii »

Quite possibly. I think it may be a chip made from cardboard and twigs based on the appaling sound in the game. I think its not even playing the right music!!
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

toaplan og pcbs had encrypted sound chips so thats why toaplan boots always have bad sound.. no way round it i think.. it's **** you cant get batsugun ogs at the minute cos it's no good in mame either (no sound ) so apart from the saturn version we screwed :cry:
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

I had no idea that this still had problems in Mame. I assumed that I had a duff rom.

Ah well you live & learn
capcomguru
Please Continue...

Post by capcomguru »

Try dumping your sound roms and comparing them to the bootleg dumps out there. Maybe one of the chips is corrupt or in the wrong socket.