360 Japanese Compatibility

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
joeblade
You're looking good Tim

360 Japanese Compatibility

Post by joeblade »

Well fellas in needs to gets me a new 360 and was wondering about the possibility of a Japanese machine.

If i have a Japanese machine can i use my uk hdd with it?
If my hdd is loaded with live games, saves..etc...will they all still work on the jp hardware?
Will my gold membership still be in place and will i be able to access all my usual shizzle?
Are most of the new titles (uk) compatible with a Japanese machine?

Sorry for the noob q's on jp 360's but i missed the boat on this a while ago as my old 360 was running fine and i didn't really have glorious hd visuals...now i have!! :awe:
For gods sake, its a carton box - not the holy grail!
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!
eBay: gargoyle1967

Re: 360 Japanese Compatibility

Post by gargoyle67 »

Hard drive should be ok, Each 360 is region locked the only way you can play pal games on a Japanese console is if the pal disc's are region free :problem:
"Yeah lets all get ponys instead, wait no lol trendy cabs" Err I think you meant Ponies didn't you ?
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Most PAL games ARE region free. In addition, most Japanese releases are cheaper than the European releases. :awe:

I realize this wasn't what you've asked, but I thought it would be of interest just as well.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

joeblade wrote: If i have a Japanese machine can i use my uk hdd with it?
If my hdd is loaded with live games, saves..etc...will they all still work on the jp hardware?
Will my gold membership still be in place and will i be able to access all my usual shizzle?
Are most of the new titles (uk) compatible with a Japanese machine?
Yes, any HDD. UK Elite PSU's too.
Yes but I think you need the transfer disk thingy.
Yes. You can recover a UK gamertag on a Japanese console.
Depends entirely on the publisher. The majority of worldwide releases are region free.
emphatic wrote: In addition, most Japanese releases are cheaper than the European releases. :awe:
That's not true, they're often over 7,000 Yen RRP. You're probably thinking of the Asian versions which are NTSC J coded but often the same master released in Europe so fully English. These are key to overcoming the region locks. I'm running Asian Forza 3 for example, which even works with UK DLC. Asian games are $50 at Play Asia so similar to UK prices. There was a time when I was getting em for £25 delivered, stupid pound!
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

SuperPang wrote:That's not true, they're often over 7,000 Yen RRP. You're probably thinking of the Asian versions which are NTSC J coded but often the same master released in Europe so fully English. These are key to overcoming the region locks. I'm running Asian Forza 3 for example, which even works with UK DLC. Asian games are $50 at Play Asia so similar to UK prices. There was a time when I was getting em for £25 delivered, stupid pound!
Yeah, you're probably right. I read this somewhere, but as I only own DeathSmiles, DOJ-BL EX and Futari for my NTSC-J console, I haven't yet bought any of the "regular" games for the console. I had my eye on a Raiden IV for a while and found the best price here: http://www.cdwow.com.hk/games/Xbox360" (these are Hong Kong dollar prices btw). Free shipping worldwide IIRC. :awe:
Red5
eBay: dazpaulhill
Initials: DAZ

Post by Red5 »

I can confirm, not many prbs at all.
I bought a Japanese 360 to play the cave games on, then later installed them on my Elite 120gb uk drive,
Same gamer tag is no problem
Stick it in ya cab and download games in the fly.
Only problem i have is, the Japanese machine will not let me log into xbox live, from the dashboard, i have to do it from inside a booted game (odd)
Go for it i say, Machine + several Cave titles for less than one Cave pcb set :D
joeblade
You're looking good Tim

Post by joeblade »

Cool thanks for the info fellas.... 8-)

@ Pang....I won't be buying a new hdd so i guess plugging my old 20gb hdd into the Japanese core machine will be ok.. :think: ..i won't have to use the transfer thingy for that...will i... :?
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I think you might have to tie the HDD to the console by filling in something online or summat, I don't think you can just swap HDDs around. Search the xbox website.
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!
eBay: gargoyle1967

Post by gargoyle67 »

You have to format the hard drive with the xbox serial number that you using the HD on, is that what you mean ?
"Yeah lets all get ponys instead, wait no lol trendy cabs" Err I think you meant Ponies didn't you ?
instant_classic
Actually Loves Take That
Initials: DAF

Post by instant_classic »

Where is the best place to import a Japanese 360 from?? Play asia's shipping is pretty expensive :(
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

instant_classic wrote:Where is the best place to import a Japanese 360 from?? Play asia's shipping is pretty expensive :(
It's quite a heavy package, cheapest I've seen new was from GaijinPunch which I think was around £250
instant_classic
Actually Loves Take That
Initials: DAF

Post by instant_classic »

aryssoR wrote:
instant_classic wrote:Where is the best place to import a Japanese 360 from?? Play asia's shipping is pretty expensive :(
It's quite a heavy package, cheapest I've seen new was from GaijinPunch which I think was around £250
Just seen them on Renchi for a bit less, anyone used them before for importing consoles??
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

VGI have a couple in stock..there second hand and Arcade models..

But at least there based in the UK,so you won't have Crazy postal prices and custom charges.
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

Just crazy VGI prices instead ;)
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

Pete wrote:Just crazy VGI prices instead ;)

haha true :D either way your wasting your money buying a **** box
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

GaijinPunch's thread is here, 360 arcade listed under hardware at 275USD, would probabaly come in around the £230-£250 mark delivered, depending on whether you have customs to pay
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

aryssoR wrote:GaijinPunch's thread is here, 360 arcade listed under hardware at 275USD, would probabaly come in around the £230-£250 mark delivered, depending on whether you have customs to pay
I got mine from GP and can whole heartily recommend his services. :awe: My package just sailed through the evil claws of the Swedish customs officers.
speedlolita
eBay: speedlolita

Post by speedlolita »

I'll probably be buying an Elite from Renchi. No doubt going to be hit with tons of import charges and what have you. :think:
joeblade
You're looking good Tim

Post by joeblade »

Ok guys...got me Japanese 360...quick q...can i use my uk psu on this machine?

I've heard you can but you have to be careful about what model your machine is?? is this true? :eh:
joeblade
You're looking good Tim

Post by joeblade »

Any ideas on the above guys??

And guess what.......... :lol: :lol: .........i decided that i wanted in the end to transfer my data from 20gb drive to the new Japanese 60gb drive.
Tel very kindly lent me the transfer kit...hooked it up started the transfer and got error code.. 0x80240380 ...no surprise so i finished and ejected....i heard a lot of scraping and it spat the disc out but kept the disc tray open... :lol: :lol:

Now it won't close...... :lol: :crazy: :lol:
**** piece of ****...luckily this is my uk console so im not to **** as it seems to have kept my data on my 20gb drive ok...

Any ideas how to close a drive that refuses to close and what am i supposed to do with this 60gb drive now... :roll:

I knew this would be a **** pain and not as easy as everyone says it is.. :roll: