Yakuza 2

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
Retro_Boy_G
AWOL

Yakuza 2

Post by Retro_Boy_G »

I came into work today to see we had got Yakuza 2 in yesterday. Now ive seen the first one kicking about for ages but never really looked twice at it as it doesn't seem like my style of game.. I'm looking at the back of Yakuza 2 now and i can't help but think of Shenmue.. Has anyone played any of the Yakuza games before?. I think i would quite like to try it now..
"Apologies to Mr Meg if this whole drama has people thinking you're some kind of SFIV prirate pimp." - Superpang
Retro_Boy_G
AWOL

Re: Yakuza 2

Post by Retro_Boy_G »

Ok, well since no one have obviously played it i took it upon myself to do so.. All i can say is it is the absolute daddy! The closest thing ive played to Shenmue since Shenmue.. It even has an arcade!! Club Sega to be exact.. Not as wide a choice of games to play as in Shenmue.. but still awesome.. has loads of sit down candies with VF5 on them (not playable) but the atmosphere is great.. I'm only about 2 hours into it and i'm loving it sooo much! You also don't have to of played the original as there is an option to watch the whole story from the first one..

It retails for about £15 and i actually can't recommend it any higher.. Only thing i would say is it looks terrible on a 60gb PS3.. it's still playable but is horrible. I don't mind it too much.. but i'm guessing it would look better on a PS2.
"Apologies to Mr Meg if this whole drama has people thinking you're some kind of SFIV prirate pimp." - Superpang
maxchainsplendid
Please Continue...

Re: Yakuza 2

Post by maxchainsplendid »

I didn't like Shenmue at all -

I loved the first Yakuza - just grabbed 2, but haven't popped it in yet -

I've heard Yakuza 1 referenced as "What Shenmue shouldv'e been." I suppose I agree, though "what shenmue should've been" to me, equates to "not boring as hell".

I'm popping in 2 today! :awe:

Also, the story in 1 starts out really cool - and then just crumbles to political pieces halfway through the game which sucks... but the gameplay is awesome

Let me know what you think of 2 man