Cave on 360 - Mushi Futari dated, Espgaluda II confirmed

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
dmauro
Please Continue...

Re: Cave on 360 - Mushi Futari dated, Espgaluda II confirmed

Post by dmauro »

This game is such a bitch. Just playing xbox 360 mode for now, but I can't even beat 30 million so far. It's like Cave is telling everyone that loves German steam-punk kids with psychic butterfly wings that they got off easy the first time around.

It looks gorgeous though, comes with a soundtrack CD, and has several other modes available for whenever I'm feeling brave enough to try them.
Magic Knight
Please Continue...

Post by Magic Knight »

I got both Mushi Futari and Espgaluda II this week - not the ports, the PCBs. I can't get into them as much as I would like though. My main problem is my hands, they hurt an awful lot from playing. I last played on Monday and they're still sore today (Wednesday).

Anyway, I got the XBOX360 port of Mushi Futari, and might get the Espgaluda II port, are they worth getting if I have the PCBs? I don't actually have an XBOX360 yet, but I'll probably get one eventually.
dmauro
Please Continue...

Post by dmauro »

Considering ESPGaluda II has a cool Black Label mode that doesn't even have a PCB along with arrange and omake modes, I'd say go for it. Sell the PCBs so you can afford a visit to an orthopedist or something for those hands so you can play the games. What are you using to play? An NES pad? :)
Magic Knight
Please Continue...

Post by Magic Knight »

dmauro wrote:Considering ESPGaluda II has a cool Black Label mode that doesn't even have a PCB along with arrange and omake modes, I'd say go for it. Sell the PCBs so you can afford a visit to an orthopedist or something for those hands so you can play the games. What are you using to play? An NES pad? :)
I use a Sigma 9000TB, and I think the main problem is the C button, for full auto. It stretches my hand a bit much. With two button games it's not so bad. I don't like pads, I find them too painful to use. I went to a hospital some years ago but they couldn't find anything wrong with them. It's a bit of a mystery.

I'll have a look around for the Espgaluda II again today maybe, didn't see it at the weekend. I'm not very good at Cave games anyway. Only once did I get past the second stage on any of them.
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Magic Knight wrote:I use a Sigma 9000TB, and I think the main problem is the C button, for full auto. It stretches my hand a bit much. With two button games it's not so bad. I don't like pads, I find them too painful to use. I went to a hospital some years ago but they couldn't find anything wrong with them. It's a bit of a mystery.

I'll have a look around for the Espgaluda II again today maybe, didn't see it at the weekend. I'm not very good at Cave games anyway. Only once did I get past the second stage on any of them.
I play quite a bit, and I also get pain from the "CAVE grip" (holding C and pressing A when appropriate). I would hold on to the PCB's, as they both play a bit differently than the ports, they should still be in demand if you fear a huge price drop. I would however recommend that you pick up the ports anyway, as Futari has a very affordable BL as a download and looks incredible, and ESPGALUDA II has AMAZING Black Label that's exclusive to the 360 along with AMAZING Arrange Mode and also the relaxing Omake! mode. :awe:

Also, the soundtrack is way better for ESPGALUDA II in the port me thinks. Both games come with Novice modes that'll let you clear it to wet you appetite for trying harder in the other modes.
Kron

Post by Kron »

Seems a little quick but as its only 2 months away Play-Asia now have Death Smiles II available to pre-order:

Death Smiles II
Price: US$ 74.90 (~50.23 GBP)

And the LE:

Death Smiles II First Print Limited Edition
Price: US$ 129.90 (~87.12 GBP)

Limited Edition includes:
Original Illustrated Box
Original Soundtrack
gundarN
Officially Special
Initials: guN

Post by gundarN »

Can anyone explain Omake mode to me in Espgaluda II? I don't see it.

Actually, I see "Omake" mentioned quite a bit. What does it actually mean?

gundarN: not as hardcore as he would like to think...
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

gundarN wrote:Can anyone explain Omake mode to me in Espgaluda II?
Stand close to bullets while shooting popcorn enemies to cancel said bullets. Watch the big top counter rise. Only use Kakusei for tight spots and to get your gold up to 1000 early in the stages. When both gems and gold are at 1000, all your canceled bullets will equal your top counter times your gold. Use the shield (run into a bullet on purpose) whenever there's a big enemy pumping out bullets and go stand on top of it. Watch the top counter go nuts. Then you can refill the shield meter at the bottom by getting a full gold refill. This will raise said meter by 50%, but draining the gold fully. I love this mode, as I again feel a connection with the first game, something I really missed with the arcade version.
Magic Knight
Please Continue...

Post by Magic Knight »

gundarN wrote: Actually, I see "Omake" mentioned quite a bit. What does it actually mean?
'Omake' means a free extra, for instance you often see it on auction descriptions. Basically the seller is saying that they're throwing in something extra (like a poster or something) but it's not actually part of the auction itself. It's like they're saying "This comes with the game, but don't complain about its condition, because it's a free extra"
DandySephy
Please Continue...
Initials: SEP

Post by DandySephy »

Of course, it's not limited to auctions, the word can apply to any form of bonus, freebie or "extra" (such as extra dvd content). It's a nice handy word :)
gundarN
Officially Special
Initials: guN

Post by gundarN »

Cheers guys.
I am now humbled and enlightened.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

so i take it deathsmiles 2 is region locked!

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Soundwave

Post by Soundwave »

geotrig wrote:so i take it deathsmiles 2 is region locked!
As far as I know it will be.

Standard Edition Espa 2 was the last Region Free game to come from Cave I'm afraid.

Neil
speedlolita
eBay: speedlolita

Post by speedlolita »

Got DS2 and Ketsui LE preorders... My poor wallet.
Soundwave

Post by Soundwave »

speedlolita wrote:Got DS2 and Ketsui LE preorders... My poor wallet.
I'm contenplating cancelling my LE orders for these 2 & just go with the SE.

I'm really struggling at the moment & nearly £200 on 2 games is seriously pushing it now.

Thats nearly half the cost of the cabs I'm looking at trying to buy once my wedding is over.

Neil
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Soundwave wrote: once my wedding is over.

Neil
Already planning the divorce ! :awe:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Soundwave

Post by Soundwave »

geotrig wrote:
Soundwave wrote: once my wedding is over.

Neil
Already planning the divorce ! :awe:
I think if I dont stop spending obscene amounts of money on Cave 360 games then I think it wont be long before it is :awe: :awe:
speedlolita
eBay: speedlolita

Post by speedlolita »

Soundwave wrote:I'm contenplating cancelling my LE orders for these 2 & just go with the SE.
I might do with DS2 TBH, the extra money is just for an OST and at £95~ I'm not sure I really want that. At least the Ketsui one is cheaper. :think:

But it'll be £100 for that and SSF4 p much from P-A that month.