Mighty DOOM (Mobile)

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Mighty DOOM (Mobile)

Post by FrancoB »

Anyone else playing this? I downloaded it yesterday and have spent a bit of time with it. Like a lot of current games it's spoiled a little by microtransactions and pay to win loot boxes but fortunately there are no enforced videos. It does have the annoying 'game play fuel bar' where you can only play so many games before waiting, or paying for it to recharge. I really wish there were paid versions of games like this but I guess that's not where they make their money. :problem:

That aside it seems like a fun game and it's perfect for a quick five/ten minute run. The pickups give a bit of variety to the runs and it's nice to see the glory kill mechanic in there.
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Re: Mighty DOOM (Mobile)

Post by sven666 »

Looks awful, kinda encapsulates everything i hate about gaming and the industry.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

I've not played a mobile game since CoC exhaustion.

Mighty Doom looks quite like a top down shooting Clash Royale at a glance. I don't hate the gacha game thing tbh, or not as much as I used to. They're for a different mindset. I caught a completionist habit due to a small library of console games that were, let's face it, a rip off at £50 each. That'd be £100 today. You don't play mobile games like that obviously. I know a few people that love Clash Royale. Mighty Doom looks pretty appealing.
MrSandman
eBay: Not yet, not trading yet
Initials: NOR

Post by MrSandman »

sven666 wrote: March 25th, 2023, 8:12 pm Looks awful, kinda encapsulates everything i hate about gaming and the industry.
Downloaded and played through the tutorial. Shoot Demons, upgrade weapons, shoot mightier demons, unlock new weapons... It's all been done before. It might be a nice little timewaster for some, but not for me.
"Hans, I've just noticed something."
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Played this a bit on holiday. IIRC there are 9 levels, each level consists on 40 mini sections, every 10th section is a boss.

Controls are spongy and the upgrade system is slow and tedious. It's probably a lot more fun after grinding away but I lost interest after a few hours.

The game also requires a constant internet connection and cannot be played offline. :problem:
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

kernow wrote: March 28th, 2023, 10:46 am hopefully my wives' boyfriend will buy me a switch or something
:lol: :lol: :lol:
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Like the Gothic self-harming kid from highschool at least you never disappoint in giving us some jaded insights :awe: <3

Anyway i tried playing this but my device is not supported, maybe i'll try it on bluestacks later.