Xbox Game Pass

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Xbox Game Pass

Post by nem »

geotrig wrote: August 16th, 2021, 8:31 pmCould be fun if I manage the handling at some point or get a better car
I wouldn't invest too much time in trying out different cars in the first two groups. The later group cars play way more aggressively, it's like a different game. I'm on group 4 with the Renault (Le Cinq). First time driving it I probably bolted a dozen times off the track :lol:

Really fun game.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

yeah spent a bit more time on it to make my way towards goup B ,I tweaked the sensitivity of the brake and steering and that seemed to make a bit of a difference for me , still nothing like what I see on youtube but they all seem to be on group B cars at least so that may be the difference.
I like that the difficulty doesn't ramp the charts ,well it doesn't seem to but my placements are getting worse, I'm on the fence on progressing having just completed an event although it does help ! My two gripes are the immovable objects of the hay bales and trees at least move a small bit and the other is the funny run wide reset dynamics once or twice i ran wide on unexpected corners and was barely over the edge and the car resets :problem: you an kind of see where the extended ones are but outside of them they are unforgiving !

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

I also tried Tropico 6 its ok but no sim city ,once you get past the intial money troubles it seems a bit chorish and non challenging , maybe it changes later on

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Well, my Game Pass ran out. I got 3 months from Microsoft, and afterwards I bought two cheap 1 month cards.

I did finish Sable before it ran out. It's one of those games were you just putz around, very much like Touryst. You can complete the game in 5 hours, but you would be missing a lot of the good bits. I really enjoyed my time with it. Recommended if you like those kinds of games.

Oh, and I completely forgot that Games With Gold is still a thing. Missed Lost Planet 3, Zone of the Enders collection, Castlevania and Code Veronica X. ****.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Nevermind, I'm a Game Pass subscriber again :lol:

There's a promo on the MS site for the PC version of Game Pass, 3 months for 1 euro. You can then convert those three months to Ultimate by buying a separate 1 month of Game Pass. So that's four months altogether. I then received an additional GP month for turning on recurring billing (which I'm going to turn off).

That's 5 months of Game Pass for less than 15 euros.

Halo Infinite soon 8-)
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Played through Titanfall 2. One of the better shooter campaigns. Beginning is a bit meh, but it picks up soon. Perfect length too.

I got a bit hooked on Exo One. It's basically a ball rolling game (like Marble Blast Ultra) on alien planets, except you can also morph your ball into a saucer and glide.

I used to play Motocross Madness on the PC 20 years ago and this scratches that same itch. I've now finished it three times and going for a sub 2-hour run next. How the hell are you supposed to clear this in 60 minutes?
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

So Halo Infinite is finally out at today, at 6pm, with no pre-install. Oh and if you bought the disc that won't work yet either because of course the game isn't on it.

Gaming in 2021 sucks.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

SuperPang wrote: December 8th, 2021, 12:39 pm Gaming in 2021 sucks.
I've been playing Forza recently and no joke I have to drop back to the dash and force quit the game two or three times an hour due to it locking up whilst saving.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

I've never had an issue with FH5 on Series X. It can take a while to rejoin the server from quick resume but that's about it. Excellent game but the series is getting very samey. I feel like I've seen everything more quickly than the previous ones as well. It gets quite generous once the AI is anything beyond "above average".
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Series X here too. Just googled it, looks like I'm not the only one.

nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

My Game Pass ran out again. Played a pitiful amount of games during the time I had it :lol: Lots of interesting games, but they're all 20+ hours long. That doesn't cater to my attention span.

Superliminal was great fun though. It's a bit Portal like, but with space and perspective. First playthrough was like 3 to 4 hours, because I'm a bit thick. I then played through it four more times, one Challenge run and then three normal runs to get that 35 minute speedrun achievement. Recommended!
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

I did the ole £3.XX a month trick for the next two years. Even though I don't download much, it seems daft not to.