Alex Kidd In Miracle World DX

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Alex Kidd In Miracle World DX

Post by SuperPang »

geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Re: Alex Kidd In Miracle World DX

Post by geotrig »

Looks well, I like it 8-)

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Miracle World. One of those few games I have wildly mixed emotions about. It was the first console game I ever owned, and for a while the only one I had. And it has a lot of very cruel memorisation required combined with limited continues and some *hard* platforming requirements, and an exponential difficulty curve. Ploughing through the first 9/10 of the game just to get nailed in seconds on the later stages really sticks in the mind.

I've tried replaying it on emulators a number of times over the years but input latency always felt a problem, the SMS on a CRT version is super responsive and Alex always felt like a halfway point between Mario and Sonic momentum. Or maybe I'm just old.

Best and worst thing they can do with this one is give unlimited continues. Make it optional... maybe?
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

It's one of those games that brings back happy memories because everyone with a SMS had it but I'm not sure if I really liked it that much. I have the M2 port on my Xbox One as part of one of the Sega Vintage Collections and have played it for all of 5 minutes so probably won't bother with this.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

:lol: ha maybe that's it , I bought it on switch and have p layed it for all of 5 mins as well....shen I rembereed how crappily loose the controls can feel .
I didn't own it as a kid, didn't have a master system was too busy waggle ing my stick for Daly Thompsons :hinthint: decathlon but got to play it any time we were in mates houses
So never really got exceptionaly far in it.
It did have rock paper scissors though.

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

Did anyone try the fan made but proper looking jobby Alex Kidd 2?