Dreamcast 2? Famitsu Exclusive.

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
skykappah
One of dese bad boys
eBay: Skykappa

Dreamcast 2? Famitsu Exclusive.

Post by skykappah »

Uhm.... I didn't see this coming..... Paraphrasing some scoops online, its gonna be a big one, as big a deal as the upcoming PS5 reveal
It's some kind of a team up of Microsoft and Sega. Read into that however you want and it seems that Sega may be the co-brand or seller and the next Famitsu has the exclusive scoop for the next issue next month.

It could be that this is only in Japan but that still means we could see Sega's amazing stable of franchises come back exclusively to the XBSX.

That's as close to getting a Dreamcast 2 for me as it comes. I wasn't planning on getting the XBSX but it it turns out that the above info is very close... I'm there on launch day.
Loving robots since the 80's.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Dreamcast 2? Famitsu Exclusive.

Post by nem »

Watch it be absolutely nothing.
skykappah
One of dese bad boys

Post by skykappah »

kernow wrote: May 31st, 2020, 7:52 am I knew someone would mention Dreamcast 2
Hahaha, I doubt any sega news is going to be as big as the ps5 reveal. I mean.

Dreamcast games on Xbox or something. Huge
Ah well done Sherlock, as if any Sega fan wouldn’t think DC2 as a passing thought in jest.
I doubt it’s something that small which certainly won’t warrant an exclusive announcement in Famitsu.
The guy that wrote the draft article for Thursday is very excited. For me his reaction doesn’t match up with just “Dreamcast games on Xbox”. If you think about it.... most Dreamcast games aren’t even Sega IPs anyway.

We will see very soon.
skykappah
One of dese bad boys

Post by skykappah »

nem wrote: May 31st, 2020, 11:05 am Watch it be absolutely nothing.
You guys reactions a very jaded.... seems like your minds are already made up ahead of the article.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

kernow wrote: May 31st, 2020, 11:25 am What could they possibly do that would be the same news level as the ps5 release
Sonic The Hedgehog The Movie The Game.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

skykappah wrote: May 31st, 2020, 11:22 am
nem wrote: May 31st, 2020, 11:05 am Watch it be absolutely nothing.
You guys reactions a very jaded.... seems like your minds are already made up ahead of the article.
Unlike yours?
Sp33dFr34k
eBay: 3d_collector

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

So they will rebrand the XSX to Sega for Japan because nobody will buy another MS console in Japan? devilish Good plan, I’m sure it will work :lol:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

A new sega console will bring nothing to the table. Apart from some old folk hanging around on forums noone gives a damn about sega's back catalog. Maybe the situation is different in Japan where they are generally too xenophobic to consider anything western, but still they already have Sony there.
Braintrash
Please Continue...
eBay: yuu_madrigal

Post by Braintrash »

I guess Shen Mue III remaster so that the game actually look current gen (PS4) on the next gen (PS5) along with Shen Mue IV.

Joke aside, I will only be surprised if I am not disappointed. Sega's IPs are beaten beyond death and besides publishing construction kits for their classic with ability to create and import our own assets (but, well, Shinobi Construction Kit would be quite dope), I can't see how Sega can make drool more than the PS5, which already leaves my mouth dry so far.

A new console? We don't need it. PS5 for hardcore gaming and Switch for actual and indie gaming do the trick. Xbox One has been as useless as a dog crap after being in Divine's mouth. Only game that made me want an Xbox One was Cuphead and I ended putting it on a small PC for playing it on an HD cabinet.

To be brutally honest, I am even surprised that is still alive. Their spirit is long gone. The Dreamcast 2 wouldn't be something else than a consolized PC, as all other consoles now are (well, Switch is a consolized Raspberry Pi endorsed by nVidia) and we don't need another brick in our gaming rooms.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

kernow wrote: May 31st, 2020, 4:27 pm Cmon guys guesses
It'll be a SEGA shaped controller (similar to the Capcom Home Arcade) loaded with DC/Naomi games. :awe:
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

R360 arcade1up cabinet?

If it's a new console or portable device then that would be brilliant.
"Please contact the local attendant"
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

OK guys settle down, here is the real MegaTron Announcement:

SEGA SOUND KEY CHAIN:

https://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articles/ ... ws133.html

bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

**** double post (or is that just because these bombshells are dropping so hard the internets can't handle it).
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Wouldnt mind that keychain.
skykappah
One of dese bad boys

Post by skykappah »

F*ck me.... stupid pea sized Game Gear and something that doesn’t apply to the rest of the goddamn world. My apologies to the naysayers.... I’m with you guys the next time.

P.s. F*ck you Famitsu.
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

kernow wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 11:54 pm As soon as sega news hits you know it's gonna be a fail
Ain't that the truth :(
skykappah
One of dese bad boys

Post by skykappah »

kernow wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 10:38 pm Where's skykappah gone he is probably recovering in A&E
I thought I responded to you guys like an defensive idiot so I was ashamed to visit this thread.... that was before the announcements.
When I finally saw them.... I had to laugh and it wasn't a good laugh... I literally did laugh with a massive face palm.... Could not believe it.
SEGA are on drugs... kinda want to be there in one of their brain storming meetings.
I really don't think you could write the things that has transpired, its like Ricky Gervais attended that meeting as David Brent... I laughed because it's not only disappointing but it was tragically hilarious.

On another day that crazy small GG would have been a nice niche thing to have as a gift... But it's insane! Even with that magnifying glass I physically cannot see the screen enough to play it. I'm old and my eyesight is not that of an 16 year old, gerbil sized human.
I'm still flummoxed.... SEGA have doubled down on their stupid.

The arcade cloud thing is stupid even if it's just Japan... the few remaining arcades that will adopt this won't get SEGA a enough subscribers to make it financially feasible. These are crazy crazy decisions.

Saying that... I will most likely grab myself a set of those GGs the next time I'm in the East.

But yeah... I can't believe it... Really hope we get a Charlie Brooker video games wipe this year... "industry changing announcement, on par with PS5 revealing" .... This is going down in my video game memories forever.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

skykappah wrote: June 5th, 2020, 1:52 amits like Ricky Gervais attended that meeting as David Brent...
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Could be a nice idea though.

I assume the name ‘Mist’ was unavailable.