ZeroRanger (+running on cab)

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
gozaimas
eBay: yodamiffy
Initials: GOZ

ZeroRanger (+running on cab)

Post by gozaimas »

Finally got around to playing ZeroRanger, which I noticed a bunch of the members over at the Shmups forum have been raving about since its release last year.

It's a TATE STG with chunky pixel styling, but there's a lot more going on than in your typical pixelart modern shmup. Controls are extremely tight, unlike most western-developed STGs, and the scoring and progress system is super interesting.

I played it on my PC, and noticed it has proper TATE options, so figured it might just work well on a proper CRT cab.

I run one of 2Huwman's Minicabs on my New Astro City, so stuck the DRM-free version of the game on that (accessed via a Nesica-themed frontend). It runs fantastically on a proper cab and looks stunning, so if you have the means to play it this way, I cannot recommend it highly enough. If you buy the game in itch.io you get the DRM-free version, plus a Steam key.
IMG_3119.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Re: ZeroRanger (+running on cab)

Post by geotrig »

looks good, hadn't heard of this ,quite like the styling of it 8-)

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"