Dreamcast controller adaptor

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Dreamcast controller adaptor

Post by wigsplitta »

Anyone got first hand experience of using a different console controller on their Dreamcast?

I’ve been reading up, but can’t find out much in the way of specifics. Some adaptors claim to be able to handle the 2 x sticks of a PS dual shock. Button mapping seems to not back this up. Some people say dual sticks work fine, others say it starts glitching heavily once in use 🤦‍♂️

Ideally, I’d like a controller with dual sticks that can handle mapping from the Dreamcast “stick and pad” and/or Dreamcast “stick and buttons” / “pad and buttons” (Bangai-O :shifty: )
I Got PAID...
ウィッグスプリッター - スーパーガレージゲームセンター。
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Re: Dreamcast controller adaptor

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

I have one ( and it's for sale. :shifty: ) but I've no idea about dual stick support as I just used it with a PS1 arcade stick. And unfortunately, I don't have a DC to test it with.
Emulation's nice when done well
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

PM comin’ atcha!
I Got PAID...
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

I've been playing with a couple of adaptors, but sadly neither of them do what I want:

Total Control Plus PS1/PS2 adaptor (thank you LEGENOARYNINLIA :thumbup: 8-) ) - Three settings, but none of them allows the sticks to control the D-Pad
Brook PS3/4 adaptor - Two settings, but both link the sticks together. One makes both sticks control the D-Pad, the Other makes both Sticks control the DC stick. The buttons can all be mapped to different functions, but the sticks cannot

Anyone else(d) use a different adaptor on their DC?

Short term I've picked up a raphnet Gamecube/N64 --> PC adaptor and using a bit of nullDC (recommendations welcome for any other good emulators :shifty: )
I tried an xbox 360 controller too, but much preferred the feel of the Gamecube controller with it's octagonal directional notches
I Got PAID...
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

I've been using Redream. (https://redream.io/)

No idea if it's the best of the best, but it sure was easy to set up on a Mac!
Emulation's nice when done well