consolized Pandoras Box

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
Soundwave

consolized Pandoras Box

Post by Soundwave »

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with those consolized Pandoras Box things on Ebay & Amazon?

Have looked at them a few times as a cheap option for some arcade action but watching videos on You Tube they seem to vary wildly in quality & most of what I've seen are just poor PCB copies of the Pandora kit inside the box.

If you had the money would you buy one?

Think it might be fun to hoof round my brothers from time to time for some 2 player Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, X-Men, Turtles etc.

Thanks

Neil
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Re: consolized Pandoras Box

Post by yosai »

Think it might be fun to hoof round my brothers from time to time for some 2 player Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, X-Men, Turtles etc.
I think this is probably the strongest plus point to owning one.
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

You'd be better off with a RPI + retropi and a couple of USB gamepads or a hacked NES/SNES classic.

I got my hands on one a few weeks ago it was flimsy with cheapo sanwa-clone sticks/buttons.

But for an all-in-one device it's a good idea - just needs to be made from a little better quality parts.

I use a Sigma Rajin and a Pandora on the TV in the spare bedroom if I can't be bothered to fire up any of the cab's - costs more and there are a few cables but the controls are soo much better.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
Soundwave

Post by Soundwave »

penrhos wrote: January 28th, 2019, 7:14 pm You'd be better off with a RPI + retropi and a couple of USB gamepads or a hacked NES/SNES classic.

I got my hands on one a few weeks ago it was flimsy with cheapo sanwa-clone sticks/buttons.

But for an all-in-one device it's a good idea - just needs to be made from a little better quality parts.

I use a Sigma Rajin and a Pandora on the TV in the spare bedroom if I can't be bothered to fire up any of the cab's - costs more and there are a few cables but the controls are soo much better.
Thanks buddy
I actually keep forgetting about Ras Pi options
Would probably be a much better idea plus access to all other emulation stuff on there too
Do you know if you could use PS3 or X360 Madcatz TE sticks with one?

I'd love a supergun setup but too pricey to put together & also both me & my bro have upgraded to 4K TV's which now means no legacy connections so no Scart inputs anymore

Thanks again for the help

Neil
NERDtendo
eBay: NERDtendo_Of_America

Post by NERDtendo »

I’ve had a few of them. They are fun for what they are. If the controls bother you you can swap them out for better quality components. If you swap in nice sticks and buttons it’s a fun all-in-1. I keep a couple around for folks who want arcade action without the price tag. I’ve not heard any complaints from any of the people who bought one from me.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Pi will work with PS3 or 360 controllers fine.
Soundwave

Post by Soundwave »

cools wrote: January 29th, 2019, 11:10 pm Pi will work with PS3 or 360 controllers fine.
Thanks Cools
Do you need to do anything in the settings to make them work?

Starting to look at them on Ebay now ;)
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Nah nothing special with recent versions of RetroPie.