Xenocrisis (megadrive/genesis)

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Xenocrisis (megadrive/genesis)

Post by nem »

That looks great! Wasn't surprised that Hank Nieborg is doing the gfx, looks absolutely top notch. Shame about it having procedurally generated maps. Never been a fan of that. Also, the rooms look very samey.

Still, if I have some leftover cash, I know where it's going.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

looks alright , looking at it i just dont see a game worth 40/55 though ,but what do i know . :roll:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

I approve of the 'most authentic hardware available ' test CRT selection. :awe:
gray117

Post by gray117 »

It's a real nice prototype, and it's great it's going to be authentically a 16 bit graphics game in all aspects, not just '16-bit-a-like' ... looks like it controls decently. Is a little clinical in being very clean/slightly spartan, although appreciate this is wip.

but... I'm not seeing any much by way of enemy types or bosses... I'd be happy if they outright said there's plans/concepts for more of them ... also needs a better title logo/screen :P
nem wrote:the rooms look very samey
^^ Yeah I don't mind procedural but there needs to be a bit of a stronger theme/feel in these as well as a couple of of 'highlight' features/tilesets. Again perhaps just early days but it'd be nice to hear about their plans for this and/or other levels.

Probably a steam pick up unless they show something real exciting.

A couple more characters would probably help tie me in too - bit too generic atm. Get in a bit more of that aliens attitude with a couple of characters. No need to go as far as chaos engine, but bringing in a bit of that cowboy/truckers in space vibe would help... it's a pretty superficial thing... mayhaps even just for the cutscenes/character portraits... can almost feel the artist there wishing she had a little more to work with there compared to her other work.

There is something about the prospect here though that is holding my attention :)