Again a brand new Dreamcast game in development

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
wombat
Initials: WBT

Again a brand new Dreamcast game in development

Post by wombat »

Seeing that there are undoubtedly some Dreamcast enthousiasts here at ArcadeOtaku I thought it would be worth mentioning that Senile Team, known for Beats of Rage and Rush Rush Rally Racing are developing a brand new 2D platformer for Dreamcast(!), PC & PS4.

You can find their Intrepid Izzy Kickstarter campaign here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/se ... 4/comments

I played an early demo and was blown away, even in it's early stage its an impressive and stellar game.

Rossyra
Supermod

Re: Again a brand new Dreamcast game in development

Post by Rossyra »

Looks great, I see a lot of nice little homage moments in the trailer, plus it has NPC’s with an apostrophe and everything. :whoopsie:

What a great time to get back into the DC.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

The pickle NPC has sold me.
landisama
eBay: cameliacomicfan
Initials: AND

Post by landisama »

I'd buy it
ChurchOfSolipsism
eBay: knowledge-is-power-arm-yoursel

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

I hate to be a party pooper, but with regards to gameplay elements, there wasn't anything we haven't seen a thousand times before in other platformers in that trailer. Graphicwise this looks too much like a flash game to me; if it had at least proper pixel graphics, like Shantae and the Pirate Curse, I wouldn't mind the bland-looking gameplay that much...

Maybe my personal bar is too high, but with the Shantae games and tons of other charming and innovative platformers out there, I would personally see no reason at all to get this game. Then again, it's still early in its development...
gray117

Post by gray117 »

Afraid most interesting part is that its on dreamcast. That minotaur boss that does nothing has more character than everything else :/ ...the shame is that it seems to move nicely and probably plays competently with some nice mechanics if we're to believe the OP...

The only thing is I don't keep playing metal slug because it's academically interesting - I play it because it's incredibly charming and characterful.