Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Edition :awe:

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
trev1976

Re: Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Edition :awe:

Post by trev1976 »

Download's suck
Check out my "1cc" YouTube Channel
YouTube
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Ive bought Zelda DLC under duress, but I refuse to buy download only games.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Same , although I've bought a few and it's dead handy on the switch as well as very tempting ..but I still rather have a real copy of the game.

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
idc
Ralf Little impersonator
eBay: iancourt
Initials: IAN

Post by idc »

cools wrote:I refuse to buy download only games.
Yeah, just like you, if I'm paying out teh cash moneys, I like to have something to hold in my hands. :fastlove:

Often, the physical copy of a game can be had for less than the downloadable release. This irks me as it's way cheaper to provide a download of a title than it is to manufacture and distribute tangible discs. I'd expect to pay a little less to download it.

GAME is probably **** in the longer term. They're certainly in a tough place, but I'm not going to shop there out of pity for them when I can get the same thing from Amazon for less and have it handed to me on my doorstep within less than 24 hours.

And yes, I have a couple of SNES Minis on order, even though I have boxes full of SNES consoles, games and an SD2SNES cart, because I am weak (although direct HDMI output will be handy).

I will be curious to see how similar the software on it is to that of the NES Mini. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nintendo's own NES emulator from the NES Mini running on the SNES Mini; maybe vice versa too. I'll also be interested in the StarFox 2 ROM. Will it simply be the "almost finished" ROM that was leaked some time ago, or is it a properly finished one? I bet it will be extracted from the SNES Mini and spread all over the Internet within 24 hours of release.
Last edited by idc on July 7th, 2017, 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

idc wrote:
cools wrote:I refuse to buy download only games.
Yeah, just like you, if I'm paying out teh cash moneys, I like to have something to hold in my hands. :fastlove:

Often, the physical copy of a game can be had for less than the downloadable release. This irks me as it's way cheaper to provide a download of a title than it is to manufacture and distribute tangible discs. I'd expect to pay a little less to download it.
Hate games that are download only. Why would I buy something new for $40 digitally when the physical copy is also $40. I'd be more tempted to purchase a digital game if it was like $20 less. At least that way when I'm done with the game I can sell it if I don't want to bother holding on to it. Actually, the money I mostly spend on games is recycled. I usually never buy games at launch, but wait them out like 6 months to a year until they hit below $20 (for the most part). The value of that game can't really drop much more from there. I play the game and get my worth out of it, then sell it for the same amount I got it for or hopefully a couple dollars more. From there, I just go buy the next game. Helps me not blow money where I really can avoid it :P . Can't do that with digital games...
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

I agree that eshop pricing is stupid, but I'm all for it when it comes to indies. Some of my favourite games of the last decade couldn't possibly exist otherwise.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

spmbx wrote:I used to have respect for our local independent gameshop until they started selling switch consoles for over 400 euros. Now i don't see why i should support them and just buy and the cheapest online webshop
Terrible. Problem is, as long as people keep giving in to these scalpers they're going to keep doing it. Switch seems okay for now, nothing I REALLY need to grab for it. Will probably grab it once Mario comes out.
sploit

Post by sploit »

Real shame this sold out everywhere straight away.

Always been a SEGA guy, but I remember playing Starwing/Star Fox on my uncle's SNES as a kid and I have fancied getting it for quite some time (was gonna get an original SNES and a copy of the game just to play that game). Nintendo never released Starwing on any of the virtual console stores. Amd when thos was announced with Starwing/Star Fox and Star Fox 2, I was instantly interested.

Hope it becomes available once again.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

SuperPang wrote:Star Fox 2 is ****.
idc
Ralf Little impersonator
eBay: iancourt
Initials: IAN

Post by idc »

pubjoe wrote:I agree that eshop pricing is stupid, but I'm all for it when it comes to indies. Some of my favourite games of the last decade couldn't possibly exist otherwise.
Oh, of course. Indies are a different matter entirely.

AAA titles which can be had on disc for £39.99 but then it's the same price or even £10 more to download the digital version is just ****.
ImageImageImageImage
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

StarFox 64 is the only StarFox game worth spending money on.

But will there ever be a mini N64? I very much doubt it because fitting four controller ports to it and having long enough controller cords doesn't seem feasible. Imagine the amount of moaning if it only had two controller ports... A bit sad because the N64 is special. :whoopsie:
Emulation's nice when done well
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

For some reason I'd be interested in a N64 mini.

Its a shame they didn't make the controllers wireless
Check out my "1cc" YouTube Channel
YouTube
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

Been hoping there would either be a Retron that supports N64 or one of these official Nintendo mini consoles that does. Would buy that in a heartbeat.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

pubjoe wrote:I agree that eshop pricing is stupid, but I'm all for it when it comes to indies. Some of my favourite games of the last decade couldn't possibly exist otherwise.
I'll happily punt a few quid at a download only game IF I can get a no questions asked refund if it sucks.

I have a mental barrier otherwise. I don't mind spending 25-35 quid on a physical game, finding out its terrible and shelving it. Yet a fiver on a poor download I feel ripped off.
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Post by monouchi »

Guess it will have those awful short controller cables, like the Nes mini..
Still, I have ordered one, hope someone hacks it quick to add more games. :)
cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
eBay: thecrunchieone
Initials: DAB

Post by cRacKh0rN »

monouchi wrote:Guess it will have those awful short controller cables, like the Nes mini..
I did read somewhere that the cables were longer this time around. Hopefully that is true. The first thing I did was get some extension cables on the Nes mini :)
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Post by monouchi »

cRacKh0rN wrote:
monouchi wrote:Guess it will have those awful short controller cables, like the Nes mini..
I did read somewhere that the cables were longer this time around. Hopefully that is true. The first thing I did was get some extension cables on the Nes mini :)
Sounds good!
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...
eBay: geekman2005

Post by GeekMan1222 »

cRacKh0rN wrote:
Yeah from what I hear they are
1x New Astro City, 1x Madonna, 1x G-Balance
Radirgyman
Please Continue...
eBay: tubbycub

Post by Radirgyman »

I got one pre ordered - Whats the deal in the states that I've read there are issues obtaining them?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Radirgyman wrote:I got one pre ordered - Whats the deal in the states that I've read there are issues obtaining them?
Limited supply, sold out everywhere? Is there some corner of the earth where this isn't the case?