Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival on Kickstarter

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
shadowgangs
Please Continue...

Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival on Kickstarter

Post by shadowgangs »

Hi everyone;

I am the creator of Shadow Gangs, an ninja game which takes takes inspiration from late 80's ninja arcade hit, Shinobi arcade in particular but not limited to it.

It's now on Kickstarter, here is the Kickstarter video

Kickstarter here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... on-revival

Homepage:
http://www.shadowgangs.com

I hope you like it!
Shadolf
eBay: 1984indigo
Initials: SDF

Re: Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival on Kickstarter

Post by Shadolf »

I really like these kind of games, but your graphics style doesn´t give anything to me.
I would go for a detailed and high resolution pixelart style, like this game ANTRAXX does (http://antraxx.com/#about).
Think of Shinobi 3 with a little higher resolution and mor details, that´s what I would get exited about.
Don´t get me wrong I don´t want to offend you, but just looking at it, I would never play it and I could imagine I´m not the only one.
Wish you all the best with your game.
Eddhorse
eBay: Eddlowry
Initials: EDL

Post by Eddhorse »

Wow looks great, you must have put a lot of work into it.
It is very Shinobi like alright, hope Sega dont mind :)

I see its for Window, Mac, Linux and Sega Dreamcast.
You also mention its got a special mode for CRT arcade machine, how will that work? From a PC in the cabinet?

Best of luck with your Kickstarter.
shadowgangs
Please Continue...

Post by shadowgangs »

Shadolf wrote:Wish you all the best with your game.
Thank you.
shadowgangs
Please Continue...

Post by shadowgangs »

Eddhorse wrote:You also mention its got a special mode for CRT arcade machine, how will that work? From a PC in the cabinet?
I think this is the idea, kind of a Mame machine.
There is more info if you are interested at the "Build Your Own Arcade Control" forum
Eddhorse wrote:Best of luck with your Kickstarter.
Thank you.
shadowgangs
Please Continue...

Post by shadowgangs »

Hi Everyone;

The Shadow Gangs kickstarter is in it's final hours, and I would like to let anyone who is interested but hesitated for some reasons about
the enhancements and changes that the full version will have:

-If the graphic style is an issue, there will be filters available to add scanlines or any other full screen shader effects that are
available already for emulators like Mame, Winuae etc...

-Also concerning the graphics, all the characters will be drawn by the same artist who did Dan and the ninajs, this will ensure coherent
art and of higher quality.

-The animations frames will be double or tripled in some animation types (dying animation and others).

-A lot of special effects will be added, some using shaders or with added shaders. Blood, bullet trails, better bullet effects, hit effets,
smoke etc...these will make the screen busier.

-If you didn't like the game because of lack of diversity, there will be a lot more interactions, Dan will have an inventory to store
sepcial weapons and sepcial attacks (magic), there will be elements of search, recovering money, freeying all types of hostages, some
elements of adventure/exploration too like using the ninja double jump to get to secret areas.

-The ninja form will allow Dan to take one hit without dying (but will cause him to revert to his fighter form). Also the ninja form will be available at about 10 to 15% of the level start.
This will put the difficult a lot down.

-And many many more enhancements and fixes. A full list is in the Kickstarter page.

I would like also to ask you to actually play the current demo, to get a real feel of the game and see it actually on your screen not just on videos.

Bellow is the new Dan as ninja which is being done now by the sprite artist, and the first frames of the attack drone.

Also, if the game succeeds the Kickstarter, all backers without exceptions will get regular milestone builds.

Many thanks!