Street Fighter V

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
Forum rules
ArcadeOtaku forum introduction & rules
skykappah
One of dese bad boys
eBay: Skykappa

Re: Street Fighter V

Postby skykappah » February 21st, 2016, 12:28 am

SuperPang wrote:Someone bump this thread when Capcom have actually finished the game and I'll get it out of the box again.

You'll be waiting for a while then... It's going to be the only Street Frighter for this generation. The plan is it's going to be forever updateable via dlc every 6 months. So no more Ultra Omega Street Fighter V 2.0 Alpha Arcade Home Edition. In effect it's not going to finished until SF VI.
Loving robots since the 80's.
skykappah
One of dese bad boys

Postby skykappah » February 21st, 2016, 12:49 am

kernow wrote:I've not played it
The over sexualisation of this and mgs5 made me remember why I don't play video games much anymore.

Take it over 4 any day though

Nah, sexualisation has been pre-emptively SJW'd by Capcom and the sexiness you are seeing is just in the stills and character art. Boob bounce is non existent unless you especially look for it. It's still fat man hands and legs thicker than Zangief after Christmas.
Nothing sexy about that.
kernow
:problem: child
Initials: KRN

Postby kernow » February 21st, 2016, 9:07 am

Have you seen the alternate costumes and some of the supers?

I'd feel a right virgin playing it
David... The wind blows... The wind blows... Bits of your... life awayee
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Postby cools » February 21st, 2016, 9:12 am

I played World Warrior yesterday. Brilliant game.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Postby pubjoe » February 21st, 2016, 11:29 am

I had a little go in versus mode at HoG and quite liked it.

kernow wrote:I'd feel a right virgin playing it

:lol: The tits are absurd. Constant (virgin's interpretation of) cleavage shots. Laura keeps writhing about like a moron. The 'bug' where Chun Li's immense nipple bulges swing around everywhere still appears to be in. :think:

I'm all for boobs or a bit of comedy titilation but this is pretty sad. Social Justice has got nothing to do with it skykappah, it's just embarrassing.
SuperPang

Postby SuperPang » February 21st, 2016, 12:44 pm

T&A still seems to be an essential ingredient if you want a game to sell in Japan, which is a bit sad when the west seems to be making progress in that regard.
spmbx

Postby spmbx » February 21st, 2016, 12:55 pm

Last edited by spmbx on October 19th, 2016, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skykappah
One of dese bad boys

Postby skykappah » February 21st, 2016, 3:16 pm

pubjoe wrote:I had a little go in versus mode at HoG and quite liked it.

kernow wrote:I'd feel a right virgin playing it

:lol: The tits are absurd. Constant (virgin's interpretation of) cleavage shots. Laura keeps writhing about like a moron. The 'bug' where Chun Li's immense nipple bulges swing around everywhere still appears to be in. :think:

I'm all for boobs or a bit of comedy titilation but this is pretty sad. Social Justice has got nothing to do with it skykappah, it's just embarrassing.

You lot must feel the sexy more than I do then. :lol: Ya horny bastiches.
One... Capcom "sexy" from an east Asian standpoint, is practically Sesame Street compared to what most of the Japanese video game world has to offer.
Two... Why is it embarrassing? Being embarrassed is a personal choice/trait no? Like I said, in gameplay... there is no time to factor in what you "guys" are complaining about.

Now this is a rant that's not all directly aimed at individuals here rather it's aimed at a insanely fast growing trend of thinking:
The current climate, including SFV bum censoring has everything to do with SJW. There's people out there that are put off by the sexualisation of some video games! What was a bit of animation that showed R Mika slap her bum for an intro move was edited out after Capcom pre-emptively tried to please the SJWs. Though obviously now, not enough... Google "R. Mika SJW" or "Capcom SJW".
It seems men these days are apologising before womenfolk are even yet voice an opinion. Really... what you see in this game is tame compared to what is already out there for people way way younger than us.
Admit it or not, SJW is affecting everything like there is no tomorrow.
Disclaimer: I've never played it or owned a game of the series... How about DOA Extreme 3? That's not coming out in the west because of the phantom of SJW yet to be! http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/retailer-play-asia-labels-dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-saga-sjw-nonsense/0159600

Lastly.. Were some of you guys not alive in the (70s) 80's and half of the 90's? The things you guys are getting pee'd off or embarrassed about was 10x worse then than it is today!! Women were distressed handbags to the action man in films... Magazine/comics/book covers were basically just sexy women! The 80's to 90's posters!!! Man, they don't do adolescent posters like that anymore!! How many of you guys had a sexy poster? And early video games didn't shy away either! Sexy freaking Parodius? Night Trap? Spending half the cartridges memory on pixelated boobs? I mean... come on... just look at the state of these...
Image Image Image
Metroid?!?! S-S-Samus?!?! Zat you?? Image
Tyris Flare? ImageGolden Axe? Yeah that classic!! Women sure didn't fight in bikinis back in them warrior times!
And who doesn't remember this...Image
The only difference is... we are seeing sex in video games through Unreal Engine 4 and not The Waldo 8bit Blast processor.

I'm not going to go on... I'll be here forever..
It wasn't embarrassing then and since today (across the board) is only a smidgen of what it used to be like, there's really nothing to be ashamed of. Infact... when did you guys start seeing your current point of views? Too much being reading Cosmo?
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Still pantless?

Postby LEGENOARYNINLIA » February 21st, 2016, 4:07 pm

I've always disliked tits and **** in games. Also little girls. And bald space marines. Etc.

I just dislike anything that has no style and looks like ****.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Postby pubjoe » February 21st, 2016, 4:08 pm

skykappah wrote:SJWs SJWs

SJWs.

The fact you can make a comparison to cheap adverts and crap like Night Trap just strengthens my point.

Look at Chun Li's torpedo boobs. They swing about independently, in tight clothing. It doesn't look sexy or funny, just utterly stupid.

Nothing inherently wrong with sexualisation. Taste is impossible to quantify and has a lot to do with context. Sexy Parodius is funny, it plays on the cringe factor and no one is under any delusions about what the content is going to be, whereas the sexualisation of Samus is especially disappointing as it's completely out of place in her games and she'd otherwise be a refreshingly strong character.

To me it's more the coarse and moronic implementation that's embarrassing.
Ex_Mosquito
Initials: MPS

Postby Ex_Mosquito » February 21st, 2016, 5:12 pm

I dropped on a PS4 this week mainly for SFV. Iv only had about 30 vs fights so far but I like it. It's no ST but I like the more simplified approach over the SF4 fadc mechanic and short/jab into ultra nonsense. If anyone want a few games my psn username is "Ex_Mosquito"
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
SuperPang

Postby SuperPang » February 21st, 2016, 6:14 pm

skykappah wrote:How about DOA Extreme 3? That's not coming out in the west because of the phantom of SJW yet to be!

Not true. DOAX3 isn't coming out in the west because the last one shifted 250k copies worldwide. This would do no better despite the added pole dancing.
kernow

Postby kernow » February 21st, 2016, 6:15 pm

Is anyone worried it's not coming out in the west? Doubt it
nismopunch

Postby nismopunch » February 26th, 2016, 7:35 pm

skykappah wrote:
SuperPang wrote:Someone bump this thread when Capcom have actually finished the game and I'll get it out of the box again.

You'll be waiting for a while then... It's going to be the only Street Frighter for this generation. The plan is it's going to be forever updateable via dlc every 6 months. So no more Ultra Omega Street Fighter V 2.0 Alpha Arcade Home Edition. In effect it's not going to finished until SF VI.

Dang I was going to wait for a more complete version but I guess that's not in the cards. Ughh I want to play so guess going to have to pay up. :cry:
skykappah
One of dese bad boys

Postby skykappah » February 27th, 2016, 1:57 am

nismopunch wrote:
skykappah wrote:

Dang I was going to wait for a more complete version but I guess that's not in the cards. Ughh I want to play so guess going to have to pay up. :cry:

Yeah. Correction regarding my info though, it seems it's every month not 6. One new character a month plus costumes and then whatever they plan.. Maybe new levels and for sure new game modes. I wonder if the game is too closed for a character design option... That would be sweet. Oh! Boob toggle... Gonna get on the phone to Capcom. Also don't feel too down with what many perceive as an unfinished game.. It's not. There's enough to warrant a buy. Look at it as a game that's gonna be constantly updatable. Though at the moment their servers must be on some island called Fubar...
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Postby cools » March 14th, 2016, 11:35 am

Gave this about an hour on the weekend in my brief time at HoG.

It's good. Surprisingly so, considering I play about one round of SFIV before quitting in disgust.

Characters had a nice weight to them, everything responded fluidly. Looked quite nice too, although Zangiefs predatory Vs screen stance against any of the female characters is pretty laugh out loud.

Too bad I've got no-one to play against IRL or I could see me picking this up.
Jan
Bassline Crew
eBay: ebay

Postby Jan » March 31st, 2016, 9:04 pm

totaly dig this game, alot of fun playing online. and i do not suck as bad as expected, but i must admit that i play a very (not spamming) dirty Ken :lolno:
A paranoid schizophrenic walks into a bar...
kernow

Postby kernow » March 31st, 2016, 9:23 pm

That new Ken! I like the fact they aren't scared to change **** up a bit.

Uh yeah still not played it.

And to think years ago I'd be jizzing myself looking at street fighter screenshots in magazines... sigh
Jan
Bassline Crew
eBay: ebay

Postby Jan » March 31st, 2016, 9:41 pm

i hear you, i wish they had given the other characters an overhaul aswell like they did with ken.

don`t mind his new look by the way, could have been way worse.

A paranoid schizophrenic walks into a bar...
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Still pantless?

Postby LEGENOARYNINLIA » March 31st, 2016, 9:45 pm

Isn't most of the cast rather different from what they've been in the previous games? :eh:

Return to “Home Games”