I'm currently playing:

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions
Re: Tonight I'm playing:

Post by pubjoe »

Earthbound. :awe: Been chipping through it occasionally for the last few weeks with my Son. Just now got to Saturn Village. :crazy:

Didn't expect we'd be following a prostitute into a hotel room!
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Think I'll do a few Mario Galaxies.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

pubjoe wrote:Earthbound. :awe: Been chipping through it occasionally for the last few weeks with my Son. Just now got to Saturn Village. :crazy:

Lol :wtf: I don't think I'll ever get that far in it ..but it has one of my favourite starts to a game ever

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

pubjoe wrote:Earthbound. :awe: Been chipping through it occasionally for the last few weeks with my Son. Just now got to Saturn Village. :crazy:

:awe:

How are you liking it? It's one of my favourites but it's been years since I last played it :(
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

cools wrote:Think I'll do a few Mario Galaxies.
Awesome game. I so need to play back though both of them.

I did start playing through the whole Mario series but I'm stuck on SMB1 on SMAS+W :oops:

Would love to play both Galaxys again though.

Playing SM3DW again at the moment. I've 5* it once but it's so much fun I need to go through it again.

I do need to restart Mario Sticker Star. I started playing it at Xmas but I ended up stopping playing it and I need to retstart it really.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Smas+w? :oops:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

If you were to play SMB1, how might you play it apart from on the NES? :think:
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

:palm: im a tard forgot about the nes games

kernow
:problem: child
Initials: KRN

Post by kernow »

FrancoB wrote:If you were to play SMB1, how might you play it apart from on the NES? :think:

It's been rereleased about 100 times on various Nintendo hardware.
David... The wind blows... The wind blows... Bits of your... life awayee
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

kernow wrote:It's been rereleased about 100 times on various Nintendo hardware.
You've been rereleased about 100 times on various Nintendo hardware, McDork :problem:

Sorry, I got my retro acroymn all wrong. I guess it should be SMASPSWM :problem:
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

SMASPSMW loser! :problem:

I have a huge backlog of Nintendo games. Still only played a couple of levels of Galaxy 2 and one world of 3D Land. :-( Both incredible games though. I feel unworthy of my club nintendo pants.
geotrig wrote:Lol :wtf: I don't think I'll ever get that far in it ..but it has one of my favourite starts to a game ever
crunchywasp wrote:How are you liking it? It's one of my favourites but it's been years since I last played it :(
It's amazing. I haven't played many turn based RPGs but the comedy in the battle commentary is actually laugh out loud funny. The script is just amazing. There's a recent interview with the English translator I must get round to reading.

The storyline is also hilarious. Really edgy parallels presented in Nintendo gloss give it a unique satire. The messages are actually quite powerful. For example there's "Happy Happy Village" full of a large cult of what looks like the Blue Klux Klan. They wear blue shrouds and paint everything blue, in pursuit of purity. A comment on the pointless stupidity of racism, but in the most cute, friendly, Nintendo-esque way. There's nothing else like it.

Geotrig, to be honest we haven't put that much time in. In a couple of hours you're already fairly deep into the game. It's well worth it.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Do you got a link to that interview?
When I did play it I didn't get very far either tbh same with secret of evermore and man's :oops: I think the way I try and play these I make them over complicated in my head

FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

pubjoe wrote:SMASPSMW loser! :problem:

I have a huge backlog of Nintendo games. Still only played a couple of levels Galaxy 2 and one world of 3D Land. :-( Both incredible games though.
I'm such a Nintendunce :palm:

There's many a Nintendo game I haven't played. I never had a NES or Gamecube and I only got a SNES and N64 recently. I played a bit of one of the Zelda games on the DS but that was the only exposure I got until I started playing OoT on the 3DS, I don't think I've ever played a game so much in four or so days, I'm sad to say I didn't finish it though :oops:

Once I get my GCW Zero (which finally shipped a couple of days ago) I would like to play though a lot of the Zelda series too.

Has your shipped yet Joe?
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Seems he's done a couple...

The Man who wrote Earthbound (Kotaku)
&
Octopi! Spinal Tap! How Cult RPG EarthBound Came to America (Wired)

I won't read them now as they contain too many spoilers. I've read some highlights at Nintendolife though...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/0 ... giant_step"
&
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/0 ... r_the_west"

---
geotrig wrote:When I did play it I didn't get very far either tbh same with secret of evermore and man's :oops: I think the way I try and play these I make them over complicated in my head
I know what you mean Geotrig about making games too complicated for yourself. Where I want to check everything, my Son will just run into the game and it's a better experience for it.

Secret of "Mans" :fastlove: was great (I got over three quarters through this and then lent it to my mate :problem: ). Evermore, I couldn't summon the patience for. There's tons of great SNES RPGs to play before you die, but again I'd say Earthbound's worth a little extra persistence due to it's uniqueness.
FrancoB wrote:Has your shipped yet Joe?
**** knows. :-|
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Just had the Mr Saturn coffee break. :awe:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Did about 8 levels I think. It's not quite perfect - camera issues sometimes, but it's 3D and what game doesn't have these? - however it's a load of fun to play. Unnoticeable streaming loading doesn't get old.
joeblade
You're looking good Tim

Post by joeblade »

Well last night now but Thunderforce V...
For gods sake, its a carton box - not the holy grail!
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

pubjoe wrote:Just had the Mr Saturn coffee break. :awe:
:awe: the wee Mr Saturns are great :whoopsie:

Glad you're enjoying Earthbound - it's a real treat of a game and there's nothing else quite like it. I really need to play it again soon.
pulstar

Post by pulstar »

crunchywasp wrote:

Glad you're enjoying Earthbound - it's a real treat of a game and there's nothing else quite like it. I really need to play it again soon.
Mother 3 is pretty good as well...possibly better than Earthbound *ducks* :D You should give the translated version a go if you can.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

pulstar wrote:
crunchywasp wrote:

Mother 3 is pretty good as well...possibly better than Earthbound *ducks* :D You should give the translated version a go if you can.
Didn't know there was a translated version of it. :think: