I'm currently playing:

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Re: I'm currently playing:

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

The Asian server I was on was shut down 45 minutes early. :(
Emulation's nice when done well
geosnow
eBay: g3osnow

Post by geosnow »

esp2 and XBC2.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

DOOM on Switch.

What's remarkable - at least to me - is that I started playing this in November last year, and during the time I've been playing it's been swapped in and out with other games played to completion. Going back to a game I've "paused" is not something I've done since the Master System days as a child, yet I've done it a number of times with the Switch.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

I've been tiping away at floor kids and danmaku3 , i really need to spend some serious time on danmaku to get any bit good at it

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Titanfall 2.

I'm late to the party, but it costs pennies nowadays. The campaign is only 6 hours, but it's epic, great entertainment for a weekend of downtime.

Multiplayer PvE is great fun, I only play Frontier Defense, haven't dabbled in PvP at all.
landisama
eBay: cameliacomicfan
Initials: AND

Post by landisama »

Doom 64 on N64. I think it holds up quite well both graphically and in terms of gameplay.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Cleared DOOM. Overall a lot of fun, but the last couple of stages felt a bit like filler. Well designed levels, combat had gotten a touch monotonous at that point though.

Now on Wonderboy The Dragons Trap. Memory has been playing tricks on me - I have no recollection of very much beyond the opening village and beach, so I'm questioning whether as a kid I actually did complete it or not. It was a borrowed copy, probably not. I've only just got the patience for its checkpoints now - back then unlikely.

Looks and sounds fantastic. A few gripes about the pinpoint attack accuracy needed, although I'll give it bonus points for the autosave.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Dragon’s Trap is a great game. I remember the attack timing being difficult but consequently satisfying (dunno if the new graphics might distract from the hit boxes). I love the original art. It always annoyed me when people would say the PC Engine version looks better - the PCE characters look generic compared to the Master System’s perfect charm. I feel similar about the remake to be honest.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Always struggled with the timing in WBML and this is the same. Understanding the boss patterns then timing the jumps is taking a few attempts.

I've been flipping between retro and modern on both graphics and sound and honestly - they've done a brilliant job and on a big old plasma the new stuff really shines. The only bit I don't like is how every character looks angry.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Yeah it’s that ‘edge’ they always add to redesigns. :roll:

I don’t hate the new look it’s just that the original is precious. I’ll probably buy it. :think:

I find WBML harder but I didn’t own it bitd.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

(FM Unit emulation included)
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Ooh
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Dragon's Trap complete, bar the super hidden levels that unlock a sword. Not sure if I can be bothered. 7 hours well spent.

Since it's essentially just a reskin of the original game it lives or dies on the quality of the art. Having seen it all, it's wonderful. They've done a brilliant job capturing the feel of the original music with the update, and its gorgeous to look at with all the "gaps" and repetitive (necessarily) graphics gone. The parallax scrolling is the best I've seen anywhere - there are areas I was convinced were 3D models.

It is a little easier than the original due to the autosave. You are still sent back to the start when loading, but you can bail out at any time without losing items which is a real boon, with no need to key in a password to load either.

Difficult to know who to recommend it to. I'm just pleased to have finally finished the second half of Wonder Boy in Monster Land after nearly 30 years.

(WBML is the better game)
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Still struggling through Resident Evil revelations 1 , finding it a bit meh
There's no way I'm playing 2 after this, think I'll just go back and play Zelda or axiom verge

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

cools wrote:(WBML is the better game)
That’s just your opinion, which is factually wrong.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Had a nice chunk of spare time so cleared Retro City Rampage DX over the weekend. Took about two hours to get into it properly - the controls (twitchy driving, auto-aim firing) took all that time to feel natural - and another three to clear it. Decent enough fun once grasped, but over too quickly.

Now back on Bayonetta. Which is generally fantastic, but the bad bits are so bloody bad they really drag it down. I've not finished it yet so I'm withholding specifics, however I think generally it's the choice of palette that's giving me the most grief.
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

..im currently almost 2 full days into fallout 4 :roll:

I really havent got the time for that kind of a time sink so all other forms of media entertainment are on hold untill im done.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

cools wrote:
Now back on Bayonetta. Which is generally fantastic, but the bad bits are so bloody bad they really drag it down. I've not finished it yet so I'm withholding specifics, however I think generally it's the choice of palette that's giving me the most grief.
Bayonetta 1 or 2?
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

The first.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL